+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistakes in eCOPRs

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Hey folks, Hi @legalfalcon I have an issue, and hopefully you can help me with that.

I just got my eCoPR today, and there is a mistake. I was born in Country A (TJK) and was a citizen until 2020. However, I received a Country B (UKR) citizenship in 2020. and give up on TJK citizenship. In my eCoPR, there is Citizenship and Country of Birth - TJK, and Travel doc no and Country of the issue - UKR and its passport no. As I understand - I have to ask them for an amendment as in my PR card there will be Nationality - TJK and not my new one.

1) Would it affect my spouse and children's card waiting times since I'm a Primary Applicant?
2) WIll I receive a PR card now, and should I renew it after VoS has done or will I receive a PR card after VoS?

IRCC call center has both of my citizenships on file, but due to my country of birth, they considered it primary Nationality. Can it potentially affect my future life in Canada and my citizenship application, or should I lose 5-6 months to amend it? Thanks in advance!
Hi, I do no see any issue with what IRCC placed on your COPR. First point, did you provide proof that you relinquished your birth country's citizenship? In any event, your country of birth is just that, it can't be changed. Second point, your nationality also doesn't change regardless of citizenship status. Which means, your country of birth and nationality are the same TJK.

Based on that, all the info on the COPR is correct. Where you were born TJK and your current travel info UKR.

Nemfis

Sep 16, 2022
St. John's
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi, I do no see any issue with what IRCC placed on your COPR. First point, did you provide proof that you relinquished your birth country's citizenship? In any event, your country of birth is just that, it can't be changed. Second point, your nationality also doesn't change regardless of citizenship status. Which means, your country of birth and nationality are the same TJK.

Based on that, all the info on the COPR is correct. Where you were born TJK and your current travel info UKR.
Hi
So, the thing is that I definitely mentioned to them, that my citizenship is UKR, and my Country of birth is TJK. In addition, there is no nationality on COPR, there is citizenship. They mentioned Citizenship as TJK, and travel documents as UKR, which actually means that I'm a citizen of UKR. I don't have issues with the country of birth, as it is stated correctly.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Hi
So, the thing is that I definitely mentioned to them, that my citizenship is UKR, and my Country of birth is TJK. In addition, there is no nationality on COPR, there is citizenship. They mentioned Citizenship as TJK, and travel documents as UKR, which actually means that I'm a citizen of UKR. I don't have issues with the country of birth, as it is stated correctly.
Unless you provided proof of the citizenship relinquishment, they followed the logical step of using TJK. You have to do more than just state it. Did you formally give up your country of birth citizenship?

Nemfis

Sep 16, 2022
St. John's
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Unless you provided proof of the citizenship relinquishment, they followed the logical step of using TJK. You have to do more than just state it. Did you formally give up your country of birth citizenship?
Yes, as per law of UKR, I have to give up from my previous citizenship. When I’ve got UKR passport, authorities withdraw my passport and sent it to TJK, when they finalized my citizenship relinquishment.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Yes, as per law of UKR, I have to give up from my previous citizenship. When I’ve got UKR passport, authorities withdraw my passport and sent it to TJK, when they finalized my citizenship relinquishment.
What you are telling me doesn't sound like a proper relinquishment, because you basically have no document to prove it. Who took your passport, the UKR authorities or TJK? Your relinquishment should be duly signed and documented. But hey, I don't know how things work in that part of the world.

Nemfis

Sep 16, 2022
St. John's
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
What you are telling me doesn't sound like a proper relinquishment, because you basically have no document to prove it. Who took your passport, the UKR authorities or TJK? Your relinquishment should be duly signed and documented. But hey, I don't know how things work in that part of the world.
Well, there is a document somewhere in Tajikistan where president signed my citizenship relinquishment - but there is no chance to get it somehow, because it’s… Tajikistan :)

Yes, UKR authorities withdrew TJK passport and send it with among other documents to TJK embassy, while TJK embassy send it to TJK presidential commission on citizenship and then president signing lists each month or two - who acquired TJK citizenship and who relinquished.

There is an agreement between UKR and TJK in citizenship issues:
https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/762_004#Text
I’m sure you can view it with Google Translate.

Reactions: Chasechs

nhhk

Jun 1, 2023
Hi, I have received my eCoPR document on June 13th and I see that the place of birth is cut off in the document(Only the city is mentioned and I see the first letter of the state is half printed). I replied to the IRCC email asking if it is a printing issue or if the data is actually missing in the DB. I am already in the country on a work permit and I wanted to know if I can update the SIN number using this doc or do I need to wait until I get a response? Thanks in advance

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi, I have received my eCoPR document on June 13th and I see that the place of birth is cut off in the document(Only the city is mentioned and I see the first letter of the state is half printed). I replied to the IRCC email asking if it is a printing issue or if the data is actually missing in the DB. I am already in the country on a work permit and I wanted to know if I can update the SIN number using this doc or do I need to wait until I get a response? Thanks in advance
Hey there is no issue. Sometimes they don’t put full name as there is only limited characters which can be used on COPR, so instead of putting full name they do shortcut. You can get new SIN with this COPR . There will be no issues in future.

yiu2k

Jun 12, 2023
Hi, I have a question my eCoPR document number Txxxxx0612 which is different with my document number in my application which is Txxxxx0614, will there be any issues in the future and do I need to request to change back to the same document number? Thanks you

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi, I have a question my eCoPR document number Txxxxx0612 which is different with my document number in my application which is Txxxxx0614, will there be any issues in the future and do I need to request to change back to the same document number? Thanks you
Doesn’t matter with number. Most important is names and DOB and other details.

umarxe

Jul 1, 2023
I am the primary applicant. In my eCOPR my wife and my children are listed in dependent section.
But in my wife's eCOPR and my child's eCOPR, only my name is there in dependents section.
Is it an error, or is it fine?

yiu2k

Jun 12, 2023
I am the primary applicant. In my eCOPR my wife and my children are listed in dependent section.
But in my wife's eCOPR and my child's eCOPR, only my name is there in dependents section.

That is fine because I am the same as you and you are the primary link for your wife and your children

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Not a issue.

Jasleen gosal

Dec 3, 2020
Hi everyone hi just got credentials portal request and everything is wrong in like as my application number and UCI number only my name is correct so what should I do now
My depends are outside and their copr is correct only mine is wrong
I called ircc and they said they will look it into and how much time will it take bcoz my dependent copr has only 2 months to expire
Please help me