+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

R

robrod

Hola, Rob21!.
You should read Leon's post about Spousal Sponsorship in here to begin with to see if that can help you decide on which way to go.
I just finished my inland process. Since the day I put our application package over the mail to the day I became a Permanent Resident, it took exactly 13.5 months long. I am from Mexico, my wife is canadian.
Outland from Mexico is like playing with the roulette.. You may get it done under a year or over a year... there seems to be no science of why someone would make it under and someone else over.
I think it all comes down with what suits you better. There is no right of appeal inland (but then again, an appeal won't automatically give you an overturn of the decision anyway).
Best of luck with your decision!.

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
robrod said:
Hola, Rob21!.
You should read Leon's post about Spousal Sponsorship in here to begin with to see if that can help you decide on which way to go.
I just finished my inland process. Since the day I put our application package over the mail to the day I became a Permanent Resident, it took exactly 13.5 months long. I am from Mexico, my wife is canadian.
Outland from Mexico is like playing with the roulette.. You may get it done under a year or over a year... there seems to be no science of why someone would make it under and someone else over.
I think it all comes down with what suits you better. There is no right of appeal inland (but then again, an appeal won't automatically give you an overturn of the decision anyway).
Adding up to what robrod said :)

You also have the option to apply Outland through Buffalo's VO, like MexiCana did, if your spouse was initially admitted into Canada for a year (or more). It seems to be your case, unless your Spouse came on a Visitor Visa (6 months initial admission) and then switched to a Work Permit. This would seem like the fastest option because of Buffalo's faster processing times, and the advantage that if you had to attend an interview, you wouldn't have to go all the way down to Mexico City (expense..).

R

robrod

That is valuable advise, Bonbon... you have my good rating for sure!.

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
robrod said:
That is valuable advise, Bonbon... you have my good rating for sure!.
Thanks, Rob! :D

rob21

Nov 26, 2009
robrod said:
Hola, Rob21!.
Thanks. This is our second kick at the cat I guess you could say. We originally applied back in 2009 and she almost had her PR but due to some personal stuff I was dealing with and on bad advice the sponsorship got cancelled 3 days before she got her PR. SO we are doing it again. The first time we did it inland and it would have taken only 11 months if I had not messed up. I expect it to take a little longer this time.

rob21

Nov 26, 2009
bonbon9 said:
Adding up to what robrod said :)

You also have the option to apply Outland through Buffalo's VO, like MexiCana did, if your spouse was initially admitted into Canada for a year (or more). It seems to be your case, unless your Spouse came on a Visitor Visa (6 months initial admission) and then switched to a Work Permit. This would seem like the fastest option because of Buffalo's faster processing times, and the advantage that if you had to attend an interview, you wouldn't have to go all the way down to Mexico City (expense..).
Thanks for the advice. We will look into that.

galmxcan

Star Member
Jan 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/06/2010
AOR Received.
10/08/2010
File Transfer...
30/07/2010
Med's Done....
06/11/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2010
LANDED..........
26/11/2010
[size=10pt] ;D LANDED ;D LANDED ;D LANDED ;D LANDED ;D LANDED ;D LANDED ;D LANDED ;D LANDED ;D [/size]

hi everyone!!!
finally the nightmare is over...as of Nov 26 I am a new Canadian Permanent Resident
Since I was already in Canada my husband and I went to Niagara/Bufalo port of entry...as we approached to the Canadian IO I started to feel so many mix feelings, I was nervous, anxious, happy, excited, relieve....

The officer asked a few questions such as: If I have any dependants?, If any information I provided had change?, If I was ever ordered to leave Canada?, If I have told the truth when filling the application?
Then it was time to sign the confirmation paper...he told me like 3 times make sure to sing slowly and without getting outside the space provided...I was yeah yeah....started slowly and then when I relize part of my signature was out of the box :S ohh noooo.....
The office laugh and said "I told you"....he handed me another paper and started all over..OOPS!

Then waited for a couple of minutes, he called us again and that was it...gave me my papers back and told me I could now get my SIN card, and Health card and that I would receive the PR card in 2 months (which I consider is a lot of time)...and he mention something else but neither my husband and I could process the information....we were so excited and happy. LOL

And that was it...we got out of there and went to celebrate....

Thank you all for the support and help through this tough times....wish you all a fast process and happy ending.
CHEERS!

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
galmxcan said:
[size=10pt] ;D LANDED ;D LANDED ;D LANDED ;D LANDED ;D LANDED ;D LANDED ;D LANDED ;D LANDED ;D [/size]

hi everyone!!!
finally the nightmare is over...as of Nov 26 I am a new Canadian Permanent Resident
Since I was already in Canada my husband and I went to Niagara/Bufalo port of entry...as we approached to the Canadian IO I started to feel so many mix feelings, I was nervous, anxious, happy, excited, relieve....

The officer asked a few questions such as: If I have any dependants?, If any information I provided had change?, If I was ever ordered to leave Canada?, If I have told the truth when filling the application?
Then it was time to sign the confirmation paper...he told me like 3 times make sure to sing slowly and without getting outside the space provided...I was yeah yeah....started slowly and then when I relize part of my signature was out of the box :S ohh noooo.....
The office laugh and said "I told you"....he handed me another paper and started all over..OOPS!

Then waited for a couple of minutes, he called us again and that was it...gave me my papers back and told me I could now get my SIN card, and Health card and that I would receive the PR card in 2 months (which I consider is a lot of time)...and he mention something else but neither my husband and I could process the information....we were so excited and happy. LOL

And that was it...we got out of there and went to celebrate....

Thank you all for the support and help through this tough times....wish you all a fast process and happy ending.
CHEERS!
Felicidades!!!

I'm so happy to hear the hassle is over for you!!! :)
Time to build a whole new life in Canada next to your husband!!

galmxcan

Star Member
Jan 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/06/2010
AOR Received.
10/08/2010
File Transfer...
30/07/2010
Med's Done....
06/11/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2010
LANDED..........
26/11/2010
Huron said:
Congrats , I hope ours goes that fast !
bonbon9 said:
Felicidades!!!

I'm so happy to hear the hassle is over for you!!! :)
Time to build a whole new life in Canada next to your husband!!
Thank you!!!
I really wish your process to go fast

and I will be coming back to the forum once in a while to see how everyone is doing

MexiCana

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
17-05-2010
Med's Done....
17-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
22-02-2011
bonbon9 said:
That's terrible to know.. :(

I think there is still a small chance that I might be asked to provide the Constancia instead, because I'm in a visitor visa in Canada, waiting the process out with my husband. I'm not sure what they would consider my case ("living" in Canada with a Visitor Visa? Confusing..). Anyway, it is totally upsetting to know there is still a lot of paperwork to do and they don't bother to even open my file.. I've been waiting for about a month and half to hear back from them :(
Hi bonbon9. My partner is also here on a visitor visa.

MexiCana

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
17-05-2010
Med's Done....
17-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
22-02-2011
Huron said:
so this is what I have to look forward to....wow.... well we are still in Mexico and my spouse has just returned from a trip to another state to get another police clearance record... I am in the process of translating leases, wills, escrituras and stuff myself. Not fun... now I remember why I never went into translation as a profession..... Getting the two state police records translated by perito certificado por el estado where we live to send in with our initial application. I hope that being in Mexico makes it easier for the federal police report when the time comes.
I am sure it will. My MIL received the document in one day when she visited the PGR.

Rob21: We applied through Buffalo and we are really glad we did. Even with our police certificate debacle, I think the process will be faster than it would have been with either Mexico CIC or inland (and that delay is really our fault). Also, your partner doesn't need to leave Canada if you apply outland. My partner had a work permit and before it expired we applied to extend it and change it to a visitor visa while the sponsorship application is being determined.

Galmxcan: Congratulations, I am so happy for you! Best of luck with your new life as an official permanent resident of Canada.

canda

Star Member
Sep 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 21 2010
Doc's Request.
Requested constancia Feb 16th 2011
AOR Received.
February 2 2011
File Transfer...
November 19 2010
Med's Request
they have our meds
Med's Done....
October 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
march 8 2011
LANDED..........
March 13 2011
Huron
Any new updates for you. I am going through the same process as you. My husband lives in Mexico i have been approved to sponsor we got everything trsanslated got all the police certificates except for the federal, did the medical ages ago now just waiting to here from mexico city. Not sure when we will here from them to know that they have his aplication.
good luck
Canda

GT25

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Hello! Can somebody tell me how to get the Mexican police clearance the federal one??? Would be better if I go there and get it or let the Embassy do it? I am currently in Canada but I heard that the Embassy could spent months to get the certificate, Anyone knows about it? Thanks a lot!