17-11-2011
Interview........
02-11-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2011, pick up friday !
bonbon9 said:
You might not get a fast answer here. I would contact them directly, it's easier and faster:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp#BajaCaliforniaSur
http://www.bcs.gob.mx/
Hi bonbon,

those are for Baja California SUR.Thank you for trying to help regardless.
:)

Sara

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
saralune said:
Hi bonbon,

those are for Baja California SUR.Thank you for trying to help regardless.
:)

Sara
Oww! What was I thinking hee hee! Sorry about that, you can still find the ones for Baja California there :)

M

mrandmrsromero

Hi everyone. I just received the sponsorship approval letter for my husband who is applying for permanent residence through Mexico City. Will my husband receive notification when the file arrives in Mexico City?

We submitted his medicals with the application but we are uncertain of how our situation will be handled regarding police certificates. Will the office in Mexico City send him instructions on how to get the certificates? His situation is a little different as he lived in the US undocumented from age 16 until August of this year (he is now 30). We included a letter requesting a waiver of this requirement with respect to his time in the USA due to his lack of social security number which precludes him from obtaining state or federal records. He has been back in Mexico less than a year so am not sure how the Mexico requirement will be handled either. Any thoughts?

I am hopeful that our application goes through without a huge delay. Also wondering if anyone has gone through an interview and what it was like?

Thanks!

javiernica

Star Member
Jul 1, 2008
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010
Doc's Request.
17-02-2011
AOR Received.
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
25-06-2010
Passport Req..
17-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2011
LANDED..........
15-06-2011
I will tell you that my husband is undocumented and currently living in the US with me. We had to get a FBI report. Which we did without the SS number. Our lawyer stated that it was necessary and I think that in your case it will also be required since your husband lived in the US longer that 6 months.
mrandmrsromero said:
Hi everyone. I just received the sponsorship approval letter for my husband who is applying for permanent residence through Mexico City. Will my husband receive notification when the file arrives in Mexico City?
We submitted his medicals with the application but we are uncertain of how our situation will be handled regarding police certificates. Will the office in Mexico City send him instructions on how to get the certificates? His situation is a little different as he lived in the US undocumented from age 16 until August of this year (he is now 30). We included a letter requesting a waiver of this requirement with respect ot his time in the USA due to his lack of social security number which precludes him from obtaining state or federal records. He has been back in Mexico less than a year so am not sure how the Mexico requirement will be handled either. Any thoughts?

I am hopeful that our application goes through without a huge delay. Also wondering if anyone has gone through an interview and what it was like?

Thanks!

M

mrandmrsromero

javiernica said:
I will tell you that my husband is undocumented and currently living in the US with me. We had to get a FBI report. Which we did without the SS number. Our lawyer stated that it was necessary and I think that in your case it will also be required since your husband lived in the US longer that 6 months.
Interesting that you were able to get the FBI report without the SSN. Before my husband left NY he contacted both the NYPD and FBI offices and was told that without an SSN he could not get a police report. Since he's returned to Mexico we've made inquiries as to where he can go to get the livescan fingerprints done in Mexico City so he can at least try to get the NY state police clearance by mail. Unfortunately, no one seems to know where he can do fingerprinting in Mexico that is acceptable in the US other than the US embassy in Juarez which is now closed indefinitely. It has been a bit of a puzzle about what to do, but not for lack of trying! There is no question that his background check will turn out fine but it would be nice to have a clear answer of how to proceed. Thanks for the reply javiernica.

javiernica

Star Member
Jul 1, 2008
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010
Doc's Request.
17-02-2011
AOR Received.
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
25-06-2010
Passport Req..
17-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2011
LANDED..........
15-06-2011
Not a problem. We actually went to the UPS store to get the fingerprints done. Though I have heard many have done them with just an inkpad and the downloaded form. Then I messed up when I sent it by regular mail. We went again to the UPS store and had them redone and sent them by UPS NDA. Funnily enough we got 2 reports back (both clear thank goodness). I had heard that you would get a letter for the second request stating only 1 per a certain period of time.
mrandmrsromero said:
Interesting that you were able to get the FBI report without the SSN. Before my husband left NY he contacted both the NYPD and FBI offices and was told that without an SSN he could not get a police report. Since he's returned to Mexico we've made inquiries as to where he can go to get the livescan fingerprints done in Mexico City so he can at least try to get the NY state police clearance by mail. Unfortunately, no one seems to know where he can do fingerprinting in Mexico that is acceptable in the US other than the US embassy in Juarez which is now closed indefinitely. It has been a bit of a puzzle about what to do, but not for lack of trying! There is no question that his background check will turn out fine but it would be nice to have a clear answer of how to proceed. Thanks for the reply javiernica.

saralune

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2009
Doc's Request.
11-2011
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Interview........
02-11-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
My husband was also illegal in the US, and while he was still there we got the FBI clearance done. We found a independent office that does fingerprinting outside of Boston. He explained the situation to the Clerc about his illegal status, and he showed him his passport as a piece of ID.

We got the FBI report as usual a couple of weeks later.

saralune

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2009
Doc's Request.
11-2011
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Interview........
02-11-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fingerprint-confusion-t16914.0.html;msg76397#msg76397

here s his address and my recount of it from a couple of months ago.

saralune

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2009
Doc's Request.
11-2011
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Interview........
02-11-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
SO I have a question..
I am a bit confused about how to get the federal clearance now..

how does it work. I read the infos on the CIC website on how to get clearance for mexico, but i m a little confused...

Husband who is in peru and is NOT peruvian has to gather photos, fingerprint and asked in formations and send them to the Canadian embassy in D.F. ?...

and then what.. do they send the Informe de datos registrales back to me, or does the Mexico city send the results directly to Lima ? And how long does that take ?

damn this is somewhat confusing...2 lawyers keep telling me clerance from Mexico are really hard to get !! yet it doesn t seem to be so complicated....

anyone can help me out here ?

M

mrandmrsromero

saralune said:
My husband was also illegal in the US, and while he was still there we got the FBI clearance done. We found a independent office that does fingerprinting outside of Boston. He explained the situation to the Clerc about his illegal status, and he showed him his passport as a piece of ID.

We got the FBI report as usual a couple of weeks later.
Oh that's great that you were able to find an independent office willing to do it. We never had such luck! Now our problem is finding out if and where my husband can do fingerprinting in Mexico that the US will find acceptable. Apparently they will not accept just plain old ink and thumb and my understanding is that up until recently it had to be done at the US embassy in Juarez. It will be interesting to see what happens. Getting the Mexican clearances will be a piece of cake in comparison! Good luck everyone.

CANADAMEXICO

Mar 26, 2010
Yaya Marei said:
Ok I am scared over here now, I was refujee in Canada, and then I order to leave I did voluntree, because my lawyer said it is ok, we applied for sponser through my wife, but none tell us there interview for ARC

My question : is there interview for ARC or just in Maxico office, because I m in different country . middel east

second Question: what happened after did you got it guys or still
thired Q: why it takes 14 months for ARC they told me 6 months :-\
Regardless of what country you are in, if they tell you to get an ARC, and you are asked to attend interview, they will send someone to your country to interview you for the ARC by an officer specifically delegated to perform ARC interviews.

The ARC was initially declined for us but i attended an appeal conference and the decision was overturned so now they are granting an ARC and they are currently continuing to process the paperwork.

From the time they finished the PR interview in May, it took another 6 months to get an ARC interview, and after it was declined a month later, it took 11 months to go through appeal process and get the decision overturned.

Hope this info helps.

GT25

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Hello Guys! How is it going? O hope everything is going well for everybody in this long process, congratulations for all of you whom got the permanent resident visa. I just got back from 2 week vacation in Mexico, I was so nervous when I re enter in Canada because I'm in process of getting the residence but everything went really well no question asked. I have a question, Am i supposed to get a letter when my visa office get my file??? I have not hear anything from Canada Immigration since the letter of approval in October first week! I will appreciate if somebody shares their experiences after the sponsorship approval. I applied Outland through Mexico City. Thanks!!!!!

MexiCana

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
17-05-2010
Med's Done....
17-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
22-02-2011
saralune said:
and then what.. do they send the Informe de datos registrales back to me, or does the Mexico city send the results directly to Lima ? And how long does that take ?
I have the same question. My husband is legally resident in Canada and we applied through Buffalo, thinking it would be faster (it wasn't -it has been sloooow). Anyway, he initially obtained a constancia de antecedents registrales. His mom got it for him and sent it here and we submitted it with our initial application.

Buffalo wrote us last month saying they think they can determine our file without an interview (great!) but they need an informe de datos registrales because he is not currently resident in Mexico (ugh!).

It's so annoying. Our application is thorough and straightforward and the information on the informe is going to be exactly the same as the information on the constancia. I know it was our mistake, but I find it hard to believe it took Buffalo 5 months of processing to figure out that they needed this other document, especially when almost all of the other applicants on the Buffalo thread on this forum had their entire applications determined much faster than ours. We're very sad that we could have had our PPR mid-October but for this mistake. Now, who knows? So everyone, please learn from our error and make sure sure you obtain the correct federal police certificate.

Anyway, we sent the required materials to the Canadian embassy in the D.F. the next day.

My questions are:
What happens next? Do they mail the informe to us or send it directly to CIC Buffalo?

How long will it take?

And then how long will it take Buffalo to put the informe in our file and issue the PPR?

Thank you!

saralune

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2009
Doc's Request.
11-2011
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Interview........
02-11-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
I e-mailed Lima and asked them.

They sent me back the same instructions that were posted on the website, but asked us to send it to them instead of sending it to Mexico city.

I e-mailed Mexico and asked also

They said to fallow the instrucitons on the website and to send it to them and that they would forward the results to Lima.

Lawyer suggested to fallow Lima's instructions.

Sara

MexiCana said:
I have the same question. My husband is legally resident in Canada and we applied through Buffalo, thinking it would be faster (it wasn't -it has been sloooow). Anyway, he initially obtained a constancia de antecedents registrales. His mom got it for him and sent it here and we submitted it with our initial application.

Buffalo wrote us last month saying they think they can determine our file without an interview (great!) but they need an informe de datos registrales because he is not currently resident in Mexico (ugh!).

It's so annoying. Our application is thorough and straightforward and the information on the informe is going to be exactly the same as the information on the constancia. I know it was our mistake, but I find it hard to believe it took Buffalo 5 months of processing to figure out that they needed this other document, especially when almost all of the other applicants on the Buffalo thread on this forum had their entire applications determined much faster than ours. We're very sad that we could have had our PPR mid-October but for this mistake. Now, who knows? So everyone, please learn from our error and make sure sure you obtain the correct federal police certificate.

Anyway, we sent the required materials to the Canadian embassy in the D.F. the next day.

My questions are:
What happens next? Do they mail the informe to us or send it directly to CIC Buffalo?

How long will it take?

And then how long will it take Buffalo to put the informe in our file and issue the PPR?

Thank you!

MexiCana

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.