Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Interview........
02-11-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2011, pick up friday !
I didn t read your question all the way at first. Mexico city told us it took 60 to 90 days for that document...

so freaking long.. we are a bit in the same situation. Lima request the said documents 9 months after they got the application... I figure it s going to be an other 6 months before this whole thing ends...His medical is expired so I guess that s going to have to be done again some time later...more delays...it s going to be a year in January that we sent in the application...

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
¡Greeting to everyone using the Mexico City office!

I have a question regarding translations. I noticed on the region specific forms the only place that mentions translations is section on the police certificate section.

I am wondering if documents to prove a spousal sponsorship need to be translated, or translated and certified or if they can be submitted in Spanish.

I am also wondering about my marriage license and birth certificate.

I really do not want to go to the trouble and expense if it is not necessary. We have a lot of documents; 3 separate rental contracts and escrituras, wills and insurance documents, bank accounts etc.

Please share!

Thanks

MexiCana

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
17-05-2010
Med's Done....
17-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
22-02-2011
saralune said:
I didn t read your question all the way at first. Mexico city told us it took 60 to 90 days for that document...

so freaking long.. we are a bit in the same situation. Lima request the said documents 9 months after they got the application... I figure it s going to be an other 6 months before this whole thing ends...His medical is expired so I guess that s going to have to be done again some time later...more delays...it s going to be a year in January that we sent in the application...
Yikes, that is a long time.

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Huron said:
¡Greeting to everyone using the Mexico City office!

I have a question regarding translations. I noticed on the region specific forms the only place that mentions translations is section on the police certificate section.

I am wondering if documents to prove a spousal sponsorship need to be translated, or translated and certified or if they can be submitted in Spanish.

I am also wondering about my marriage license and birth certificate.

I really do not want to go to the trouble and expense if it is not necessary. We have a lot of documents; 3 separate rental contracts and escrituras, wills and insurance documents, bank accounts etc.

Please share!

Thanks
¿ Anybody ?

R

robrod

Saludos, gente!...
Landed on wednesday!!!!!!!!... It's a very sweet and wonderful experience... you will find out soon how nice it is the end of the tunnel...
Best of luck,
Rob.

hoples

Mar 26, 2010
Visa Office......
mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 6 2010
AOR Received.
july 26 2010
File Transfer...
june 23 2010
hello everyone. i ll be landing in Vancouver in two weeks. i need an advice . what is the best way to bring my money to canada?
i dont know. put my money in my debit card and then in Vancouver open an account and tranfer the money from mexico or make the transfer from mexico to my husband account .
thanks

MexiCana

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
17-05-2010
Med's Done....
17-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
22-02-2011
Huron said:
¿ Anybody ?
Huron there were only a few official documents that required an official translator. Such as the birth certificate.

Other documents in Spanish we translated ourselves. In our case it was just facebook and email discussions, as our leases and whatnot have all been in Canada.

I believed we learned which documents required official translations by reading the guides, and there are also discussions on line here. Sorry, but I prepared my application so long ago I can't recall more specifics than that.

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MexiCana said:
Huron there were only a few official documents that required an official translator. Such as the birth certificate.

Other documents in Spanish we translated ourselves. In our case it was just facebook and email discussions, as our leases and whatnot have all been in Canada.

I believed we learned which documents required official translations by reading the guides, and there are also discussions on line here. Sorry, but I prepared my application so long ago I can't recall more specifics than that.
Thank you so much for your response it really helps...

MexiCana

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
17-05-2010
Med's Done....
17-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
22-02-2011
Regarding the length of time needed to obtain an Informe de Datos Registrales (the federal police certificate you obtain if you are living outside of Mexico), we wrote to the Embassy in Mexico and they advised that it takes 60-90 days to obtain the informe.

In our case, the Embassy received our application on October 14 and sent the request to the PGR on November 4. The tone of the letter from the Embassy implied that it will take 60-90 days after that.

The PGR sends it to the Embassy, which forwards it to whichever CIC office is processing your application.

So, while hopeful for a faster turn-around, we are settled in for a long wait.

Just a word of warning so any Mexicans living outside of Mexico know to order their informes well in advance.

MexiCana

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
17-05-2010
Med's Done....
17-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
22-02-2011
I need to clarify my above post. They didn't tell us 60-90 days, they told us 60-90 BUSINESS days.

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
MexiCana said:
I need to clarify my above post. They didn't tell us 60-90 days, they told us 60-90 BUSINESS days.
:( That's a long time...............

I'll see what happens once Mexico VO decides to even OPEN my file.. I can't believe they're taking so long. I wonder what the waiting time is if they ask for Informe de Datos Registrales and you're going through their own office, who knows I might be asked for the Constancia instead. We'll see..

Good luck!

MexiCana

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
17-05-2010
Med's Done....
17-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
22-02-2011
They are incredibly slow. It is really mind-boggling.

The constancia is supposed to be for applicants who are located in Mexico, not people whose files are being assessed in Mexico.

Full instructions on how to obtain Mexican police certificates are here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp

If you're outside of Mexico and they ask you to get a constancia after rejecting our constancia, I will officially have a heart attack. CIC has a constancia from us and has insisted on an informe as well. The constancia already says that my partner has no police record. There is no indication that there is any substantive difference between the information presented on these two forms. It just feels like an interminable Kafkaesque bureaucratic hell to me.

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MexiCana said:
It just feels like an interminable Kafkaesque bureaucratic hell to me.
so this is what I have to look forward to....wow.... well we are still in Mexico and my spouse has just returned from a trip to another state to get another police clearance record... I am in the process of translating leases, wills, escrituras and stuff myself. Not fun... now I remember why I never went into translation as a profession..... Getting the two state police records translated by perito certificado por el estado where we live to send in with our initial application. I hope that being in Mexico makes it easier for the federal police report when the time comes.

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
MexiCana said:
They are incredibly slow. It is really mind-boggling.

The constancia is supposed to be for applicants who are located in Mexico, not people whose files are being assessed in Mexico.

Full instructions on how to obtain Mexican police certificates are here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp

If you're outside of Mexico and they ask you to get a constancia after rejecting our constancia, I will officially have a heart attack. CIC has a constancia from us and has insisted on an informe as well. The constancia already says that my partner has no police record. There is no indication that there is any substantive difference between the information presented on these two forms. It just feels like an interminable Kafkaesque bureaucratic hell to me.
That's terrible to know.. :(

I think there is still a small chance that I might be asked to provide the Constancia instead, because I'm in a visitor visa in Canada, waiting the process out with my husband. I'm not sure what they would consider my case ("living" in Canada with a Visitor Visa? Confusing..). Anyway, it is totally upsetting to know there is still a lot of paperwork to do and they don't bother to even open my file.. I've been waiting for about a month and half to hear back from them :(

rob21

Nov 26, 2009
Hola everybody,

This has been a very interesting read and I thank you all but I do have a question.

My spouse and I both live in Canada. She is from Mexico and has an open work permit that expires in March. I am a Canadian citizen. We are going to be applying for me to sponsor her so that she can get her PR. After reading all these 15 pages I am still unsure about what to do. Do we apply inland or out? Based off of everyones experiance what is the easiest way? We both would prefer if she didnt have to leave at all.