07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
;DNewbie here.

I want to bring my boyfriend back to Canada. (he is mexican)

We aren't married and are not considered common-law.

I will be moving here with him and will apply after I've been with him 12 months and are considered common law as i am seeing this is really the only option to bring him back unless we get married.

My concern is, if I live in Mexico with him for a year... I won't have a huge income, how much money or what do you need to show that you can financially support someone? I will be looking for a job when we move back to Canada...but what do i do in the mean time?

Id love to avoid moving to mexico if possible, if you have any suggestions pls let me know!

Thanks,

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canda said:
Huron
Any new updates for you. I am going through the same process as you. My husband lives in Mexico i have been approved to sponsor we got everything trsanslated got all the police certificates except for the federal, did the medical ages ago now just waiting to here from mexico city. Not sure when we will here from them to know that they have his aplication.
good luck
Canda
Hi Canda,
well we have gotten the 2 state police reports that we need and hope to be able to file by the end of the year that is our target. We are living in Mexico together, I hope to be able to stay here with him until he gets his PR them we will move to Canada.

How did you do your pictures? Did you just get reprints and send them or did you write an explanation on the back or did you paste them in toward or something and write what the picture is? I am trying to limit the pics but we have a 10 year relationship so there are a lot.

Thanks for the input

canda

Star Member
Sep 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 21 2010
Doc's Request.
Requested constancia Feb 16th 2011
AOR Received.
February 2 2011
File Transfer...
November 19 2010
Med's Request
they have our meds
Med's Done....
October 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
march 8 2011
LANDED..........
March 13 2011
Huron said:
Hi Canda,
well we have gotten the 2 state police reports that we need and hope to be able to file by the end of the year that is our target. We are living in Mexico together, I hope to be able to stay here with him until he gets his PR them we will move to Canada.

How did you do your pictures? Did you just get reprints and send them or did you write an explanation on the back or did you paste them in toward or something and write what the picture is? I am trying to limit the pics but we have a 10 year relationship so there are a lot.

Thanks for the input
Hello Huron
I got pictures printed out at costco in Mexico and i wrote on the back of each one stating names of people, place and date. I think i sent about 50 pictures. Keep me posted

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
MexiCana said:
They are incredibly slow. It is really mind-boggling.

The constancia is supposed to be for applicants who are located in Mexico, not people whose files are being assessed in Mexico.

Full instructions on how to obtain Mexican police certificates are here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp

If you're outside of Mexico and they ask you to get a constancia after rejecting our constancia, I will officially have a heart attack. CIC has a constancia from us and has insisted on an informe as well. The constancia already says that my partner has no police record. There is no indication that there is any substantive difference between the information presented on these two forms. It just feels like an interminable Kafkaesque bureaucratic hell to me.
MexiCana, please take a deep breath. I don't want you to have a heart attack :(

.....But we just received a letter from the Embassy today and they're requesting the Constancia instead of the Informe.

Sending the letter + documents to my mother on Wednesday so she can get the letter for me. Hoping things will speed up a little more from now on!

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
Attention!!!! Anyone living outside Canada sending documents over to Mexico so a relative gets the Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales for them:

Make sure you also send 3 sets of original fingerprints along with the documents listed on the list that the Embassy provides with the letter requesting the Constancia. For some reason, they skipped this very important document. I am sending off my second Fedex tomorrow with these fingerprints as my parents were not able to get the Constancia without these fingerprints.

Extremely annoyed for not checking www.pgr.gob.mx in advance..

MexiCana

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
17-05-2010
Med's Done....
17-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
22-02-2011
bonbon9 said:
MexiCana, please take a deep breath. I don't want you to have a heart attack :(

.....But we just received a letter from the Embassy today and they're requesting the Constancia instead of the Informe.

Sending the letter + documents to my mother on Wednesday so she can get the letter for me. Hoping things will speed up a little more from now on!
Wow. Just wow. Thanks for telling me about this. I am going to complain to my MP. But I am very happy that you have been asked for this document and I hope it's a sign that you are close to receiving your PR.

To those just coming to the thread, my partner and I applied outland through Buffalo and provided a Constancia. In October they sent us a letter asking us to get an Informe. We are still waiting for it and are just praying that we will get it and PR before his medicals expire next month. :( Meanwhile everyone else who applied through Buffalo when we did was approved months ago.

But seeing how in your case CIC asked for the constancia, what should people who are just applying now do? Should they get an informe for Buffalo and a constancia for Mexico City? Should they wait to see which document is requested? (Although in that case they could be left waiting for months longer than they would have otherwise while the document is obtained.) Should they try to provide both? We want to play by the rules, but we can't comply when CIC won't tell us what the rules are.

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
MexiCana said:
But seeing how in your case CIC asked for the constancia, what should people who are just applying now do? Should they get an informe for Buffalo and a constancia for Mexico City? Should they wait to see which document is requested? (Although in that case they could be left waiting for months longer than they would have otherwise while the document is obtained.) Should they try to provide both? We want to play by the rules, but we can't comply when CIC won't tell us what the rules are.
Hi MexiCana! :)

I think that Mexicans living in Canada can still consider either visa office because both show significant delays. They might end up spending the same time if we add the delays.

1) If they apply through Buffalo they would have to go through the same as you are and wait for the Informe. Buffalo, however, has faster response times (faster In Process).
2) If they apply through Mexico city they better provide a residential address in Mexico as well: this is because in order to get the Constancia the Embassy sends an original letter for the PGR. Mail from Mexico is a serious snailmail so our letter took 5 weeks to arrive from D.F. to Toronto. Now we're in a hurry to get that doc and take it to the Embassy within 60 days from the issuance of the letter.
3) Getting the Constancia in advance from the PGR and sending it with the initial application might help. But I have not seen any Informe at the PGR website. I'm thinking that they only give Constancias out to the public; if you went with the docs to get Informe they might just tell you to come back with the rest of the docs needed for the Constancia. :(

shero

Oct 27, 2010
Hi all, need help please

i just recived letter from the CIC and they told me that i had met the federal requirements for eligibility as a sponsor

they send a copy of the application for Permanent Residence to the visa office in mexico city

they told me i have to submit an undertaking application and pay the fees to provincial government cause i live in quebec

can anyone tell me the name of the application and how many application i should fill and how to pay the money if i dont have visa
thanks alot

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Shero

I think the information you are looking for can be found here http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/apply/undertaking-application/index.html

can you tell me when you sent you application to CIC and how long it took to get the letter? I am about to send my app to Miss and am curious how long it took you.

Thanks

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yet another question about police reports:

We are putting the final touches on our app and hope to send it off next week. Everything is done, for the most part, and we are doing last review.

I noticed that our state police reports were done in late November and I know they are good for 90 days..... my question is if Mississauga does not open our packet for 43+ days after receiving it will they return the package because the police reports are "expired" ? Or will they make us get new ones after sending it to Mex city ? or will they just wait for the federal report and not bother with the state ones?

One other question, the DMP here in Mexico said he sends the paperwork to Trinidad and Tobago.... Does that sound right ? Is there a regional office there for LatAm or something ?

Thanks

canda

Star Member
Sep 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 21 2010
Doc's Request.
Requested constancia Feb 16th 2011
AOR Received.
February 2 2011
File Transfer...
November 19 2010
Med's Request
they have our meds
Med's Done....
October 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
march 8 2011
LANDED..........
March 13 2011
Good quesion Huron i would like to know that as well about the expire on the police certificates. Because we did ours in October and we have not heard anything from Mexico city yet and it has been more than three months.
As for the Trinidad thing, our medicals actually went to Trinidad so that does make sense, weird? yes ;D

Have you sent your application in yet Huron? If so where are you at?

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Our goal is to get it fedexed off to Canada on Monday. I am putting the finishing touches on our "reestablishment plan" as I have lived in Mexico with my spouse for over 6 years..... I dont want to leave with out him.. I have one or 2 more things to translate Then I will check over every form twice and print them out and sign them. I also need to print out our photos, I have put them in MS WORD and wrote text next to them. I will be soo happy once we send it and "we get in line" and are waiting out turn. Oh Gosh I need to pay also......

shero

Oct 27, 2010
Hi Huron, the CIC took 1 month exactly :)

wish u good luck with ur papers

about the link that u gave me for quebec people, its seems that there is 3 application i have to fill, please correct me if im wrong

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Shero

all of the instructions are at the link. I do not want to tell you the wrong information as it will depend on your case. Depend on kit A or kit B and if you live inside or outside of Canada right now.

also it looks like it needs to be done en Français all the forms and all your answers.

Bonne Chance !

shero

Oct 27, 2010
Hi Huron
yes its kit A and i see 2 guides and 3 application i see 2 in french and 1 in english,, correct me if im wrong and yes im in canada quebec