+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

mark_kar

Aug 21, 2013
Good day all

I am a Canadian Citizen sponsoring wife. I am currently in Mexico City dealing with the Visa office here. I applied for my wife back in Canada nearly one year ago (2012 Sept).

I visited the Mexican Visa Office with my wife Aug 29. Here is the latest information.

The PAFSO strike is still ongoing. Its not going to end sometime soon. There are discussions between the government and union
but they are getting complicated. For details on the strike you can visit some of the other threads (eg STRIKE) or visit the PAFSO web site.

As usual I had to drag information out of the attendant. On my last visit (End of July) we were told all permanent resident applications
have been put on hold. No one was working on them (except in humanitarian cases).

Today (Aug 29) we were told there has been manpower resources assigned to permanent resident applications but the process is very slow.

I am happy to hear that some of you have had correspondence with the Embassy

Temporary visa have been impacted moderately and the office still processes them actively putting second priority on
permanent resident visas.

In our case its almost a year since we applied. The attendant could not (or would not) give us a time table as to when my wifes visa would be ready.

I asked what are the delays, again the attendant could not (or would not) tell us.

I asked to speak to the officer in charge of our file. Again the attendant refused.

I still managed to maintain my cool. I told her as a Canadian taxpayer I helped pay for these offices here in Mexico and all over the world. Why is my file and files similar to mine (Canadians sponsoring spouses) being ignored?

Again, a insincere cold apology... our orders come from Canada.

Here is what disturbs me most.

I asked if the people currently working on the temporary and permanent visas are Canadian Citizens?

Again she refused to answer.

I am suspecting the people who are deciding who gets into Canada are not Canadian Citizens. They are local English speaking Mexican Nationals. I don't have absolute proof of this, however if this is the case, it is a truly perverse situation.

My anger is growing....

If any of you are in my situation demand in strong terms to know your case status at mexico-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

If you are able to visit the VO office do so. Express your concerns and do not be intimidated by the attendants

No one should have to wait 13 months (or significantly more with this strike) to bring their spouse to Canada when a Mexican National can get a visitors visa in about a month (despite the strike).

The whole process seems unnecessarily complex and frustrating.

Things need to change

I will be visiting the Mexican Visa Office in about 2 weeks

I am in Mexico at this time. If I can help in any way let me know.

Thanks mark-kar

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
ARC REQUEST 21-02-14 ARC SEND 26-02-14
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
26 -03-2014 PASSPORT SEND 26-03-14
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
mark_kar said:
Good day all

I am a Canadian Citizen sponsoring wife. I am currently in Mexico City dealing with the Visa office here. I applied for my wife back in Canada nearly one year ago (2012 Sept).

I visited the Mexican Visa Office with my wife Aug 29. Here is the latest information.

The PAFSO strike is still ongoing. Its not going to end sometime soon. There are discussions between the government and union
but they are getting complicated. For details on the strike you can visit some of the other threads (eg STRIKE) or visit the PAFSO web site.

As usual I had to drag information out of the attendant. On my last visit (End of July) we were told all permanent resident applications
have been put on hold. No one was working on them (except in humanitarian cases).

Today (Aug 29) we were told there has been manpower resources assigned to permanent resident applications but the process is very slow.

Temporary visa have been impacted moderately and the office still processes them actively putting second priority on

In our case its almost a year since we applied. The attendant could not (or would not) give us a time table as to when my wifes visa would be ready.

I asked what are the delays, again the attendant could not (or would not) tell us.

I asked to speak to the officer in charge of our file. Again the attendant refused.

I still managed to maintain my cool. I told her as a Canadian taxpayer I helped pay for these offices here in Mexico and all over the world. Why is my file and files similar to mine (Canadians sponsoring spouses) being ignored?

I asked if the people currently working on the temporary and permanent visas are Canadian Citizens?

I am suspecting the people who are deciding who gets into Canada are not Canadian Citizens. They are local English speaking Mexican Nationals. I don't have absolute proof of this, however if this is the case, it is a truly perverse situation.

My anger is growing....

If any of you are in my situation demand in strong terms to know your case status at mexico-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

If you are able to visit the VO office do so. Express your concerns and do not be intimidated by the attendants

No one should have to wait 13 months (or significantly more with this strike) to bring their spouse to Canada when a Mexican National can get a visitors visa in about a month (despite the strike).

Things need to change

Thanks mark-kar
I can't believe they won't tell u anything about ur file !! They are assholes , how can they so this to us !! They should process all applications within a month just like they do with other visas !! It's very annoying they treat us like this ! I think they should just hire other people that do want to work nd fire all this ppl that are on strike !

gamyover

Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
Doc's Request.
8-11-2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 CPC-M, 8-11-2013 Mexico VO
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-04-2014
Hi everyone :).

Calm down, I know it's hard and is annoying, I just applied but I've been away from my husband for 2 years by now, this process is terrible for all of us.

The whole process is not PAFSO's fault, is the government fault. And this strike, they are people that wants to work in the right conditions, like everyone else, so I think is the government fault too what's going on.

Let's just hope you guys have news soon about your apps.

Hold on there :)

pineapple87

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/may/13
Doc's Request.
ARC 04/april/14
AOR Received.
01/june/13
File Transfer...
09/july/13
Med's Done....
(2nd time) 19/june/14
Passport Req..
09/july/14
VISA ISSUED...
25/july/14
mark_kar said:
Good day all

My anger is growing....

Things need to change

Thanks mark-kar
I'm really sorry to hear about all that. That doesn't bring much hope to the new applicants. I hope you get an answer soon...

nzk0

Star Member
Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/03/13
AOR Received.
10/04/13
mark_kar said:
Good day all

My anger is growing....

Things need to change

Thanks mark-kar
I don't mean to start a political debate or anything but in my opinion this is yet another fine example of what conservatives (Harper) did to Canada.

costacro

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Hello. Any idea how long to wait for PPR after my husband re did his medicals? I know the strike is slowing down everything but im just curious. Thanks

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
costacro said:
Hello. Any idea how long to wait for PPR after my husband re did his medicals? I know the strike is slowing down everything but im just curious. Thanks
for us my husband did his redo medical in august 2012 and didn't get his ppr until may 2013.
but we also had to send in his pgr, rcmp clearance, the arc and supporting documents for his 2009 case afterwards.
The medical redo was the first thing we did in our process

costacro

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
We originally submitted everything upgront his meds expired and they asked us to re do them we sent everything in a few months ago and they said to us they had eerything and would let us know when they will be ready to take the next step. Im guessing ppr. Since theres nothing else

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
costacro said:
We originally submitted everything upgront his meds expired and they asked us to re do them we sent everything in a few months ago and they said to us they had eerything and would let us know when they will be ready to take the next step. Im guessing ppr. Since theres nothing else
if you already sent in the pólice checks and u dont need the arc, than yeah i agree, it should be ppr after they receive the medical results

it took them about 2 to 3 weeks to receive ours when my husband had to redo his medical, in mexico city.

costacro

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Yeah i sure hope so. They even emailed me back 2 days later when i asked them to confirm reception of the docs we sent. An also in the meds request they gave us a 60 day deadline. Is that a good sign?

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
Hi guys are there any news about the strike ?? :'( :'(

Thankz

Soso29

Sep 6, 2013
Hello i heard that it's almost over . Tell me do you know somebody that go trew the interview??? Ehat kind of question they ask thank you

Nell1236

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 3, 2013
AOR Received.
June 3, 2013
The kind of interview depends on what they are looking for - in my husband's case it was mainly to find a pretext to deny us, in this case claiming we were not in a genuine relationship because we (not I but we) had had conversations with my ex. All BS, but that's what they do - look for the tiniest stupid detail to deny you, so keep that in mind. It doesn't matter what the laws of the country are, they can use anything and everything against you. Some of their questions about my finances could have been answered by asking me into the interview, but when my husband suggested it, Mrs. Davila (see below) said she didn't want to see me. Of course not, because I could have dispelled any doubts!

The other thing they did was to goad him, trying to make him feel ashamed. I don't want to be more specific because they likely have someone spying on this thread.

Lastly, I want to confirm that at the Embassy in Mexico City my husband saw only Mexicans, including the woman who has been running the Embassy for the last 20 or so years Mrs. Davila. He saw nothing to indicate that it was in any way connected with Canada (no flags, no pictures, no Canadian anything including no non-Mexican personnel). He said that all the people who worked there including the first interviewer (before Mrs. Davila who makes the final decisions) looked uneducated, like people who would normally work at a taco stand or in a market. Another interviewee agreed. As an immigration lawyer once said, she should have been retired years ago.

And I was initially not allowed to enter the waiting area where Mexican families were waiting for the interviewed person. The haggling went on for half an hour before someone higher up decided to let me in (I'm a Canadian citizen).

It was a terrible experience and one most Canadians would be ashamed of and could not imagine.

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
Soso29 said:
Hello i heard that it's almost over . Tell me do you know somebody that go trew the interview??? Ehat kind of question they ask thank you
Thats awesome news !!! do u think it will be over sometime this week ?? :( Its been a nightmare !! thankz for the info ... I have no idea about the interview but I had read that you pretty much have to bring all evidence to the interview :S

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
Nell1236 said:
The kind of interview depends on what they are looking for - in my husband's case it was mainly to find a pretext to deny us, in this case claiming we were not in a genuine relationship because we (not I but we) had had conversations with my ex. All BS, but that's what they do - look for the tiniest stupid detail to deny you, so keep that in mind. It doesn't matter what the laws of the country are, they can use anything and everything against you. Some of their questions about my finances could have been answered by asking me into the interview, but when my husband suggested it, Mrs. Davila (see below) said she didn't want to see me. Of course not, because I could have dispelled any doubts!

The other thing they did was to goad him, trying to make him feel ashamed. I don't want to be more specific because they likely have someone spying on this thread.

Lastly, I want to confirm that at the Embassy in Mexico City my husband saw only Mexicans, including the woman who has been running the Embassy for the last 20 or so years Mrs. Davila. He saw nothing to indicate that it was in any way connected with Canada (no flags, no pictures, no Canadian anything including no non-Mexican personnel). He said that all the people who worked there including the first interviewer (before Mrs. Davila who makes the final decisions) looked uneducated, like people who would normally work at a taco stand or in a market. Another interviewee agreed. As an immigration lawyer once said, she should have been retired years ago.

And I was initially not allowed to enter the waiting area where Mexican families were waiting for the interviewed person. The haggling went on for half an hour before someone higher up decided to let me in (I'm a Canadian citizen).

It was a terrible experience and one most Canadians would be ashamed of and could not imagine.
Omg thats crazy how did they even found out you had a conversation wit ur ex :S did they deny you guys :'( so srry to hear all this its sad !!