+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University of Newfoundland

arihanian

Jul 3, 2013
a_a_d said:
Hey!
I came to Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN) in January 2012 for my Masters in Oil & Gas Engineering. This forum helped me alot and Ive been out of touch for a couple of months now due to my studies and all (people who have managed to come to Canada must have an idea about it). Anyway, I would be glad to help anyone who wants to know something about MUN.

Tc. Cheers!
Best of Luck to everyone for their Visas! :)
U were selected for ur undergraduate or graduate degree? Can we get jobs to pay for our tution there?

Ali Nasikh

Jul 18, 2013
Hi All !!

I applied as transfer student to Memorial University and got the Offer Letter for the January 2014 Intake . My problem is I applied for Bachelors OF Engineering ( mechanical engineering ) but my Offer Letter came for Bachelors of Science . Does this mean I am not accepted in Bachelors Of Engineering ? They also didn't mention anything about my credit transfer . I have done my A-level with a grade B in all my three subject ( Maths , Physics , Chemistry ) , wont i get any free credits for this ?? Please help me .. Thank You

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arihanian said:
U were selected for ur undergraduate or graduate degree? Can we get jobs to pay for our tution there?
I was selected for a M.Eng course which is a research based Masters. You can get Off-Campus and On-Campus Jobs but Off-Campus is after 6 months once you have your off-campus work permit. On-Campus, you can work from day 1 if you get a job. They are there, you just have to keep a look out.

Rgsdas

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
04-12-2014
AOR Received.
11-05-2015
Med's Request
15-05-2015
Passport Req..
15-01-2016
Hi

I have been accepted into the MBA program at MUN for Fall 2013. Could someone who is attending this program please tell me how good is the library? Is it better to get/ buy books from India as I have heard that books there are expensive?

Separately, could anyone who is already at MUN, let me know if there are any ATM's within the campus? If yes, then which bank has the most visibility in and around the campus? I am planning to open a No Fee bank account with RBC. Could anyone review it for me? Also, is there any better bank which gives great student deals?

Thanks in advance

Oil_Prof

Aug 11, 2013
Hello a_a_d,
I hope you are doing great. I understand that you are on the Masters of Applied Science in Oil and gas Engineering at Memorial University. Please I wish to apply for this course as well. I am an international student as I would like to know before hand what the requirements are and the course modules involved since you have gone through it already. It would also be great if you could point out study materials for me as regards this course.
thanks a million

ayaz123

Jan 1, 2012
Rgsdas said:
hi..
Good to know you are accepted into MBA program at MNU. Can you please share your previous study profile and experience if any and did you do GMAT and how much score. I also want to get admission there it will be like my dream coming true please help me if possible in getting admission into it and how to prepare myself for the GMAT and other requirements. Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,
Ayaz
Hi

I have been accepted into the MBA program at MUN for Fall 2013. Could someone who is attending this program please tell me how good is the library? Is it better to get/ buy books from India as I have heard that books there are expensive?

Separately, could anyone who is already at MUN, let me know if there are any ATM's within the campus? If yes, then which bank has the most visibility in and around the campus? I am planning to open a No Fee bank account with RBC. Could anyone review it for me? Also, is there any better bank which gives great student deals?

Thanks in advance

iopyud

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Would it be possible to get a rough estimate of my chances of being accepted?

I only have a Bachelors of Arts Degree and 6 years work experience. My IELTS is 8 on the average, I haven't taken a GMAT yet.

lakshmanan

Jan 9, 2013
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2016
Nomination.....
24-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-06-2016
Med's Request
27-10-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
Hello Friends,

Any one here for Masters in Technology Management for Jan 2014......

Lakshmanan

AMARKANG

Sep 2, 2013
Hello all

I am planning to apply for masters in Engineering management.
What i want to ask is that if there is a way i can apply for winter batch in this course?Thier website says deadline is april for fall batch.

Also Can i apply for multiple courses? i.e masters in electrical and engineering management... just to increase the chances of getting selected in either one of them.

What are the chances of getting a part time job during the course in St john??

Please Advise... Thanks a lot :-\ :)

bobdylan

May 8, 2013
Hello. I am from Nepal and I have an undergraduate degree in Environmental Engineering and I'm planning to apply for M.Eng in Civil Engineering with a specialization in Environmental Engineering.My GPA is 2.7/4, TOEFL ibt 106 ,GRE 315/340(V 161, Q 154) and 1.5 yrs work exp.Do you think I have a chance and how tough is it to get into M.Eng program?Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!!

lakshmanan

Jan 9, 2013
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2016
Nomination.....
24-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-06-2016
Med's Request
27-10-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
Hello Friends,

Any1 got offer for Jan2014 or does any1 know when does MUN start giving offers for Jan2014 seesion.

Thanks,
Lakshmanan

nehaa777

Jul 19, 2013
hi....can u pls tell me what will be the fees for any post graduate diploma courses there...and also i heard if we take admission in any university in canada it is easy to get PR?

please advise on memorial university

lakshmanan

Jan 9, 2013
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2016
Nomination.....
24-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-06-2016
Med's Request
27-10-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
nehaa777 said:
hi....can u pls tell me what will be the fees for any post graduate diploma courses there...and also i heard if we take admission in any university in canada it is easy to get PR?

please advise on memorial university
HI,

I don't know what is the fees for Post Graduate Diploma in MUN, but Memorial has the lowest fees in canada for masters when compared to others and regarding PR, if yu do a 2 year course you ll be gettin 3 yrs work permit which wil lead to PR and you can see the PR rules of New Foundland , you have to check in this website. http://www.nlpnp.ca/student.html

Regards,
Lakshmanan

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
lakshmanan said:
Hello Friends,

Any one here for Masters in Technology Management for Jan 2014......

Lakshmanan
MTM is an online program, don't think that it will be for international students