+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University of Newfoundland

timmituyi

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

Please i need your candid advice on my intended application to MUN. I am a Nigerian with over 6years of work experience and almost 2years being a System Analyst in my current place of work. I will like to apply for Computational Studies with a specialization in Msc Computer Science in MUN but i need to confirm if they will accept a second class lower degree in Bsc Computer Science with just few point away from 2.1. Also i intend to go for the Msc Co-op not the Thesis. Do I need a supervisor for the Msc Project (Co-op)program?

Please what are my chances of being admitted into the school considering my result and I am also in my early 30's. All adivice all be appreciated.

Best Regards
Timi

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends... Got confirmation from Memorial Yesterday... Accepted for Engineering Management... Lets hope for the best...

timmituyi

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please ans my question my fellow members.

Hello All,

Please i need your candid advice on my intended application to MUN. I am a Nigerian with over 6years of work experience and almost 2years being a System Analyst in my current place of work. I will like to apply for Computational Studies with a specialization in Msc Computer Science in MUN but i need to confirm if they will accept a second class lower degree in Bsc Computer Science with just few point away from 2.1. Also i intend to go for the Msc Co-op not the Thesis. Do I need a supervisor for the Msc Project (Co-op)program?

Please what are my chances of being admitted into the school considering my result and I am also in my early 30's. All adivice all be appreciated.

Best Regards
Timi

Mar 15, 2013
Ali, My name is Abdullah and I am from Pakistan. I am a Mechanical Engineering graduate and I have applied to MUN Oil and Gas. I needed some guidance. My Email address is AbdullahSiddiq089@gmail.com. Can you please send me your Email address on this ID so that I can ask you a few things about MUN.

mndmtr

Mar 19, 2013
LDH
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, ON
App. Filed.......
02-18-2016
AOR Received.
04-19-2016
Med's Done....
01-15-2016
mgmbbd said:
Hi Friends... Got confirmation from Memorial Yesterday... Accepted for Engineering Management... Lets hope for the best...
hello dear, m looking forward for the same course in which you are accepted, can u please tell me its whole information including the future scop, job opportunities, and the total fee for the program!
thanks

mndmtr

Mar 19, 2013
LDH
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, ON
App. Filed.......
02-18-2016
AOR Received.
04-19-2016
Med's Done....
01-15-2016
I am looking forward to take admission in Masters in Engg Management in University of memorial.
wish to know the:-
*job opportunities
*total tution fee
*part time jobs around
*PR oppotunity

thanks

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
im.ran said:
mgmbbd

How did you get confirmation from MUN ?

Via normal mail or email ?
Via POST (normal Mail). Though I got an e-mail conformation as well. Did you apply for the same???

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mndmtr said:
hello dear, m looking forward for the same course in which you are accepted, can u please tell me its whole information including the future scop, job opportunities, and the total fee for the program!
thanks
Did you apply for the course ::)??? The last date is 31st march for Fall 2013. :eek:

More information can be found at www . engr . mun . ca / MEM (btw Total Fees for the program is CAN$ 22000)

Well FUTURE SCOPE & JOB Op: That depends... I mean if you can get good marks and secure an internship in any well known company out there, you have a chance to get job right after you grad. The job prospect is good with one of the lowest unemployment rate in Canada. Some big and well known companies (specially OIL & GAS companies) have their offices @ St. Jhon's, NL.

For more information just google.

Thanks.

zicou

Apr 13, 2013
I want to do master in oil and gas at memorial university. I have a bachelor in mechanical engineering from Africa with 12 years of experience with a oil logistics company. Can someone help me for admission information and life at Saint-john.

Thanks

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Zicou,

What kind of help do you need?
Im doing Masters in Oil & Gas Engineering (Research Based) at MUN. And I have a 3.5 years of Oil & Gas Experience before that. So I guess we are more or less with the same profile. Welcome aboard!

aalamsinghc

Apr 15, 2013
a_a_d said:
Hey!
I came to Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN) in January 2012 for my Masters in Oil & Gas Engineering. This forum helped me alot and Ive been out of touch for a couple of months now due to my studies and all (people who have managed to come to Canada must have an idea about it). Anyway, I would be glad to help anyone who wants to know something about MUN.

Tc. Cheers!
Best of Luck to everyone for their Visas! :)
I have got 2:1 (63%) B.Eng Hons Mechanical Engineering from University of Leicester, UK with 1 year experience with an Oilfield service provider. What are my chances?

rsavanur

Mar 13, 2013
Hi,
I had applied for the M.A.Sc Oil and gas 2013'fall sem. I wanted to know what are the chances of getting an admit. My B.E(Mech) is 67.90 aggregate , IELTS 7.0 , toefl - 83, and I have work exp of 1.5 yrs in t downstream oil and gas sector.
You can also contact me via email ritesh_savanur@yahoo.com

Regards,
Ritesh S.

aalamsinghc

Apr 15, 2013
rsavanur said:
Hi,
I had applied for the M.A.Sc Oil and gas 2013'fall sem. I wanted to know what are the chances of getting an admit. My B.E(Mech) is 67.90 aggregate , IELTS 7.0 , toefl - 83, and I have work exp of 1.5 yrs in t downstream oil and gas sector.
You can also contact me via email ritesh_savanur @ yahoo.com

Regards,
Ritesh S.
When did you apply and when did they say they will contact you?

rsavanur

Mar 13, 2013
Hi aalamsingh,
I got a post mail from MUN, saying that the application has been rejected. The reason for rejection is ' Inappropriate background '. Now this is really intriguing , coz I don't understand what they meant by. They have clearly mentioned in the admission requirements that 'the candidate must be from background preferably MECH , Petro, Chem etc with 2nd class engg degree, Ielts 6.5.