+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University of Newfoundland

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey!
I came to Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN) in January 2012 for my Masters in Oil & Gas Engineering. This forum helped me alot and Ive been out of touch for a couple of months now due to my studies and all (people who have managed to come to Canada must have an idea about it). Anyway, I would be glad to help anyone who wants to know something about MUN.

Tc. Cheers!
Best of Luck to everyone for their Visas! :)

Reactions: stevwonders

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
Good to see you back..........

nadiafaisal2

Feb 23, 2012
hi
i am from lahore pakistan.planning to do my masters in education from canada.i rad alot about neewfoundland but first hand information is more accurate than any articlee.i ve got 70%marks in my previous post graduate degree and got 102 marks in toefl ibt.actually i want to now abt NFL.how is climate,living conditions and enviornment in your city.living expenses etc.i am planning to come with my two kids and husband(if everything goes right with visa process).do u know anybody from pakistan who has come with family to your university.these informations mean a lot to me because i am going to choose university on these informations.pl if you can help me i will really appreciate it..
take care

jibz

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Hi all,

I'm also planing to come to St. John's by accepting the M. in Eng. Management offer for fall 2012. However, as everybody else, I'm also going thru the cons n pros of NFL. The worth of program, reputation of MUN, job market esp after graduation (well heard of high unemployment ) etc etc.

I've already contacted u Ali bhai :) thru email. Shortly i'll be writing to your friend as well.

stmani

Sep 18, 2011
a_a_d said:
Hey!
I came to Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN) in January 2012 for my Masters in Oil & Gas Engineering. This forum helped me alot and Ive been out of touch for a couple of months now due to my studies and all (people who have managed to come to Canada must have an idea about it). Anyway, I would be glad to help anyone who wants to know something about MUN.

Tc. Cheers!
Best of Luck to everyone for their Visas! :)
how's the job conditions in newfoundland???

netchaos

Aug 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@a_a_d

Please comment about the part time on campus and off campus job situation at MUN and NL in general.

chanchalkc

May 7, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Cocin
Dear Friend ,

Good day . I am also planning for MEM Fall entry , applied in the last moment , Awaiting the decision from Application committee .

K.C.CHANCHAL

jibz said:
Hi all,

I'm also planing to come to St. John's by accepting the M. in Eng. Management offer for fall 2012. However, as everybody else, I'm also going thru the cons n pros of NFL. The worth of program, reputation of MUN, job market esp after graduation (well heard of high unemployment ) etc etc.

I've already contacted u Ali bhai :) thru email. Shortly i'll be writing to your friend as well.

jibz

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
chanchalkc said:
Dear Friend ,

Good day . I am also planning for MEM Fall entry , applied in the last moment , Awaiting the decision from Application committee .

K.C.CHANCHAL
Hi K.C,

Whats your profile ? Also, I would suggest to make followups on your application. AS per my info decisions were made couple of months ago, somewhere in Feb/ March. They have a facebook page you can put ur queries on it, however better to send them a direct email. In my case when they delayed in replying I had given them direct phone calls.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay I'll just summarize everything here so that it answers all the questions:

1. Off-Campus Housing: You can easily get an off-campus place to live in at walking distance from MUN for around 400 CAD a month. Plus, even if you live a bit far from the university, the metro-bus routes here touch the University so you can take the bus. Its not that expensive at all. (I really dont think you will have a problem with respect to off-campus housing. Even the university website itself has off-campus living advertisements placed) And you can contact the International Student Office too for any difficulty. So that wont be a problem.

2. Climate: Well, its rated as the 2nd mildest city in Canada as far as climate is concerned :p (But Hold On!)! The weather here changes pretty often, you can sleep one night with a clear sky and wake up in the morning and look out the window to see everything covered in snow. :p But you get used to it eventually. And once you start spending time here, its fun to see the weather change so drastically.

3. Living Conditions: The living conditions are pretty good. Its a clean city with everything not too far. You can easily purchase stuff that you walk at walking distances. For Muslims, there is a Mosque and they have a bus that goes to the mosque from the university every friday for the prayers. Moreover, there is no issue of practicing your religion. They have a designated prayer room in the University too. And you can see flyers of various seminars of different religious topics from different societies. So its a pretty balanced life here and you wont have any issues. The attitude of the people here is by far the best I've seen. They are down right humble, friendly and you wont feel anything such as a racist comment or something.

Reactions: msaidtopkaya

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kingwajeeh said:
a d d i got universities admission one is MUN and another is regina suggest me where should i go?
Which course did you get admission in? .. Keep in mind that MUN has one of the lowest tuition fees in Canada. So if repute is not much of an issue, this is an added advantage. Moreover, the living expenses are not so high either. But it strictly depends upon the degree you want to pursue and your post graduate plans.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
netchaos said:
@ a_a_d

Please comment about the part time on campus and off campus job situation at MUN and NL in general.
You can manage to get both. You cannot get off-campus job straight away because you need to have a Social Insurance number for that. However, if you are a research student you get an edge because you can work as a Teaching Assistant after one semester and that is 56 Hrs in total @ 20 CAD per hour so that adds up to your funds when you are here. There is an International Student Office here which posts on-campus jobs and also helps in getting jobs for students so you can easily work it out.

PVC

May 7, 2012
is there any chance can i get into mun .......ms computer science ,i done b.tech in computers (64%,6 backlogs,ielts-6.0 overall)

kingwajeeh

Jan 31, 2012
a_a_d said:
Which course did you get admission in? .. Keep in mind that MUN has one of the lowest tuition fees in Canada. So if repute is not much of an issue, this is an added advantage. Moreover, the living expenses are not so high either. But it strictly depends upon the degree you want to pursue and your post graduate plans.
i got undergraduate commerce 4 year program admission

cooltoad

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
hi guys i got an admit from conestoga college for july intake so can i transfer to MUN for masters in oil and gas after i reach canada.......i did my engg in electrical and electronics(academics were not so good) and got overall 7.0 in ielts so wat r my chances????????