Memorial University of Newfoundland

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anamasad said:
a a d can you plz share your profile about your bank statement as well
Here is my Profile:

Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering: 3.51/4.00 CGP (87.5%)
Work Experience in Oil & Gas Company: 3.5 Years (Before Applying for an Admission)
Bank Statement: 7,00,000 (7Lac) PKR. I didnt need much money because I was offered a scholarship for 20,000 CAD which got extended to 35,000 CAD (Alhamdulillah) .. So I just had to show the initial expenses for the travelling and settling down.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YogeshB said:
hi friendzzzzzzz
i am planning for Meng. oil and Gas from MUN
I have 2 year of Exp. in oil and gas field.
Bachelor of Petroleum Engineering With 67% ( First class with distinction)
Diploma In chemical Engineering - 74.7 % ( First Class)
S.S.C.- 76% Distinction
IELTS 6.5 overall...
Shale i eligible for MUN criteria.....?
Pls help me guys... ::)
Hey Friend, Your credentials are good.. And specially the fact that you have a work experience of 2 years in the relevant field. So you can really fancy you chances of getting an admission into MUN. Your graduation percentage is on the lower side but I personally think the work experience will compensate that. I think you can give it a shot. Best of Luck Mate! :)

YogeshB

Dec 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi friend a_a_d,
Thank You so much to guide me,
In my university Top ranker have 75%, so as compare to other university my uni. is quite tough to get percentage and just 66% is distinction for us, still out off 60 student just 20 have distinction. If u compare my GPA than its 4.1/5.
I AM CURRENTLY WORKING AS A Field Mud logger/Data Engineer. So, what documents needed as a proof of work experience.
Shale i apply for MEng. within two month or what suitable time for application?
Even i am trying to contact MUN Prof. for assistant in Advance Drilling Technology. But still they haven't reply me any thing. So, can i wait for the reply. How shale i further contact him?
Dear friend. just give me your email id so i can forward u my CV, just for overview.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My email ID is ali.a.dawood@hotmail.com

You need an employment letter from your company stating that you have been working for them for the past years. The HR Department must have a specific format so you can just tell them. Also, if somebody from MUN isnt replying on email. Its because normally the addresses ending up with @mun.ca have a filter. What you can try is call them and request that you emailed them but havent heard back.

Its holiday season for now! :D

YogeshB

Dec 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friend Ali_a_Dawood,
Ya u r right, that e-mail id ending with @ engr.mun.ca and its hollyday time too. So, I am Waiting for next month re-opening.
I sent u my CV just go through it and want to now about research studies, r u doing MASc or MEng? Is it possible to get part time job during studies in town or University?

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is possible to get Jobs. Ive seen part time job advertisements at almost every other store etc etc. But you cannot work off-campus for the first 6 months. You can work on-campus from Day - 1.

Im currently doing M.Eng (Research Based) - Oil & Gas Engineering on a Research Scholarship.

YogeshB

Dec 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi frnd a_a_Dawood,

Is it necessary to contact professor for research based program before application?
How shale i contact him/here?
What suppose to be the Last date of application for MEng.?
I have to move MOU in Fall13.
I had sent u my resume to ur Email.
Tell me about dead line for admission for September 2013, in MEng (Project Base) Oil and Gas?
Is it 1st Nov.?
Or Marsh?

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Yes. You need a supervisor for your research based program.
2. You can either email the person on the email address or call him. The details are on the university website.
3. Check the university Calender for last date of admission at www.mun.ca
4. Its a M.Eng program which is research based. Not the MASc.

Im not sure about the deadline but you can check on the website.

YogeshB

Dec 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friend a_a_d
Thank You for your valuable information and HAPPY NEW YEAR..!!
I found that 31 nov. was last date for application. Is it true? :( ??? How shale make conversation with professor for research studies?
I have enclosed and sealed Transcripts and Reference latter in the format which given by my university.
so, is it necessary to gate all references in MoU formate..or shale i submit it as IT IS. (My university format)

YogeshB

Dec 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi ali_a_d,
i just request to prof. for supervision, how many days they take for reply?

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends from the workload they have. Also what you can run into is that the email addresses ending with "@mun.ca" might have a filter so there is a possibility that they wont get the email and it'll be sent to Junk Folder. Wait for a few days and try calling them at the number mentioned. Make sure you consider the Time Difference.

ayaz123

Jan 1, 2012
is there any course in MUN after MBA and with 5 years of experience after same and if someone can forward the details as of eligibility criteria:
O Levels
Fsc. A Grade
Bsc, 86%
MBA 80%

And what is the starting fee we have to pay please advise. Looking forward to hear from you soon.
Regards
Ayyaz

Ansari54

Jun 17, 2012
AoA guys

I hv heard Mem Uni is the least expensive in Canada for Master?
Is that true?
I have applied and got admission in regina.

Ansari54

Jun 17, 2012
Insert Quote
AoA guys

I hv heard Mem Uni is the least expensive in Canada for Master (engg)?
Is that true?
I have applied and got admission in regina.