+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Inadmissibility - Lawyer recommendation

forestj

Feb 5, 2019
@cvaib Based on your experience I wonder if you could give me any guidance. I am recently finished treatment for breast cancer, now in remission and on long term hormone therapy that works to prevent recurrence, age 35, otherwise perfectly fit and healthy. I am trying to find out if there is still a chance I could be found medically inadmissible. Do you know if decisions are based on the facts now or the potential for the future? Based on right now, I would not be an excessive demand on the healthcare system but if cancer was to return than I would be. There is nothing to signal that my cancer will return but no reason for me to have gotten it in the first place! I don't have the chance to be in remission for 2 or 5 years before applying as by then my CRS score will be really low. I am finding it hard to find any evidence of anyone being granted PR within a year of finishing cancer treatment. Also, seeing your costs of hiring the immigration lawyer to help with this (5000k - 8000k), I don't think I would be able to afford such a fee after the cost of PR. In your experience do you think it could be possible to form an effective response to a PF letter without engaging a lawyer? I appreciate any info you can share to assist in my decision to go for PR or not. It would be terrible to go through the whole process with the effort and expense, to fall at the last hurdle and be found inadmissible. Thanks for any help or advice you can give and thank you for posting about your experience with this.

Dannyboy-abd

Mar 8, 2017
Hey,
I went ahead with Bellissimo. they seemed the one with most experience. we are drafting the response as of now
Hi. Please how did your application go? My spouse also have a medical condition and we have been given a PFL. Was Bellissimo helpful? I would like to know your experience. God bless

cvaib

Star Member
May 19, 2017
Hi. Please how did your application go? My spouse also have a medical condition and we have been given a PFL. Was Bellissimo helpful? I would like to know your experience. God bless
Hi, Bellissimo was great. We got our approval this year. Recommended.

NIKCAD

Dec 31, 2018
Hi
@cvaib Based on your experience I wonder if you could give me any guidance. I am recently finished treatment for breast cancer, now in remission and on long term hormone therapy that works to prevent recurrence, age 35, otherwise perfectly fit and healthy. I am trying to find out if there is still a chance I could be found medically inadmissible. Do you know if decisions are based on the facts now or the potential for the future? Based on right now, I would not be an excessive demand on the healthcare system but if cancer was to return than I would be. There is nothing to signal that my cancer will return but no reason for me to have gotten it in the first place! I don't have the chance to be in remission for 2 or 5 years before applying as by then my CRS score will be really low. I am finding it hard to find any evidence of anyone being granted PR within a year of finishing cancer treatment. Also, seeing your costs of hiring the immigration lawyer to help with this (5000k - 8000k), I don't think I would be able to afford such a fee after the cost of PR. In your experience do you think it could be possible to form an effective response to a PF letter without engaging a lawyer? I appreciate any info you can share to assist in my decision to go for PR or not. It would be terrible to go through the whole process with the effort and expense, to fall at the last hurdle and be found inadmissible. Thanks for any help or advice you can give and thank you for posting about your experience with this.
Hi Forestj,

To get better understanding of your situation it would be good to consult a professional . Many lawyers offer a 2 hour session for fees (around $150- $200) and would clarify your doubts.
You get yourself prepared for this meeting with specific queries.
Some other details to collate will be
- Doctors prognosis of your situation
- Cost that could be incurred ( past cost could be an indicator to calculate for future)
- incase you have any insurance that will cover some extent of your cost.

cvaib

Star Member
May 19, 2017
Hi, Congratulations for your successful treatment and all the best for future.
Personal response vs lawyer- I am not aware how good are you with Canadian law so assuming average non-Canadian knowledge level - which is not much. Lawyers use past cases and evidences that have worked in similar cases and the language that is compelling.
I advise that you can have a session with one of the top lawyers in Medical inadmissibility cases (Bellissimo being the one who helped us and he did a grt job). they can tell you about your chances.
But this will be needed only after you have received a medical inadmissibility letter. There is always a slight chance that you might not get it if you are deemed healthy.
If I were you, I will apply for PR after researching similar cases and taking legal opinion.
Hope it works out for you.

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
Hello Guys,

I had Battista immigration Law group represent me. They were really professional and can handle all types of medical inadmissibility cases.

The fees are reasonable and you get prompt responses.

moemoe93

Nov 11, 2021
Hi all,
Do we have any lawyer recommendations other than Bellissimo law group?
I have received a Procedural Fairness letter and would like to take legal help for the response. My wife has MS and we are above the medical cost limit by ~CAD 3k.

Please share if you have any experience in dealing with a similar situation.

Thanks in advance.
Hello,
I am in the exact same situation with my wife who has MS and medical cost is above the limit with 8k CAD

First, I would like to thank you so much for your help and replies in this post, it was quiet helpful

Also I would like to ask a couple of questions please:
1 - Did you try to change the medication with your wife's doctor to a medicine with a lower cost.If you did so, was this an important factor of admissibility ?
2- How much was the approximate fees for this case with Ballissimo group ?
3- How long did Ballissimo group take to finalize the response? Did you use them as representative or just took their response and send it by yourself ?
4- Did Ballissimo group required you or your wife to contact your wife's doctor and get written report from him ? What was the type of this report ? Also did they require new medical exam ?

3- how long did IRCC taken to reply back with the PR

My apologies for the questions, but I am too nervous and I have just received the PFL just today