+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical check-up might indicate Diabetes!! Will it lead to rejection?

venugopalt

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Hi priyankm

Can you let us know your HBA1C levels if you don't mind? Also is BP being checked in Medicals.
My BP is little high 145/90 and my doctor advised me to control it through food and exercise ( no medications given).
Do you think it will be an issue?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Regards
Venugopal

inayatH

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
PandFeb2013 said:
Congratulations inayatH!!!! Can you please let us know the results of your tests and blood sugar and HBA1C values?

An update on my application is that I have recently received an appointment with the endocrinologist for early Feb after which my results will be sent to CIC for further process. Hoping for a fast decision time after that. Also my 60 months time line to complete medicals ends on Feb 5 for which I have already sent a email to CIC to provide extension but have not yet received a reply. Will I be provided an extension? How long should I wait before sending a reminder?
PandFeb2013
Sorry for the late reply...

Hba1c was 7.3. urinalysis and creatine was normal. Sorry I dont know answeres to you other questions.. may be some seniors can help.

priyankm

Dec 6, 2012
venugopalt said:
Hi priyankm

Can you let us know your HBA1C levels if you don't mind? Also is BP being checked in Medicals.
My BP is little high 145/90 and my doctor advised me to control it through food and exercise ( no medications given).

Hello Venugopal

HBA1C was 7.0.

Yes doctor checked by BP-it was 130/90.
Im not sure about the CIC acceptable range...

Regards
Venugopal

PandFeb2013

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 6 2013
AOR Received.
Mar 21 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Med - Dec 5 2013 / RPRF_Bio - Dec 6 2013
inayatH said:
PandFeb2013

Hba1c was 7.3. urinalysis and creatine was normal. Sorry I dont know answeres to you other questions.. may be some seniors can help.
Thank you for your response. I have received confirmation from CIC that they have acknowledged the delay. I just hope that after the appointment with endo things move faster.

venugopalt

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Friends,

I am a June 2013 applicant. I am planning to do upfront medicals as I am diabetic and if any special tests are required later, it will save some time.

Request your suggestions on this. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Venugopal

PandFeb2013

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 6 2013
AOR Received.
Mar 21 2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
venugopalt said:
Friends,

I am a June 2013 applicant. I am planning to do upfront medicals as I am diabetic and if any special tests are required later, it will save some time.

Request your suggestions on this. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Venugopal
Getting upfront medical test done is a good idea as you said if any further tests are required it will save time. Since you already know you are diabetic, when you inform the panel physician they will get a blood sugar test, HBA1C and a serum creatinine test done to check if kidneys are fine. Apart from that there should not be any further tests if these results are within normal or sub-optimum levels. You have also mentioned above that your BP is high. Try to get it under control before the test. Best of luck on your PR journey.

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
PandFeb2013 said:
Getting upfront medical test done is a good idea as you said if any further tests are required it will save time. Since you already know you are diabetic, when you inform the panel physician they will get a blood sugar test, HBA1C and a serum creatinine test done to check if kidneys are fine. Apart from that there should not be any further tests if these results are within normal or sub-optimum levels. You have also mentioned above that your BP is high. Try to get it under control before the test. Best of luck on your PR journey.
This may depend on the physician, but I was only asked to take an additional serum creatinine. The fasting blood sugar and HBA1c test are basically diagnostic tools. I get those done every three months and took all my previous lab results to the doctor, and she looked at it and just ordered the serum creatinine.

As an update, on Jan 17, my ecas showed medical results have been received. I had done the medical on Dec 16, and it was submitted on Dec 26.

inayatH

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
inayatH said:
PandFeb2013

PandFeb2013

Just an update on my case, I just received my passports back.
Hope your process also complete soon... Thanks for your support.

haritsharma

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI/INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 April,2013
AOR Received.
26 APRIL 2013
Med's Done....
2 MARCH 2013
Interview........
15 MARCH 2014
Passport Req..
12 JUNE 2013
VISA ISSUED...
VISA REFUSED11/04/2014
venugopalt said:
Hi priyankm

Regards
Venugopal
sorry but this is very wrong.what is your age?if your BP is 145/90 it is dangerous for ur health.can u done ur medical ?

PandFeb2013

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 6 2013
AOR Received.
Mar 21 2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
spookyb said:
This may depend on the physician, but I was only asked to take an additional serum creatinine. The fasting blood sugar and HBA1c test are basically diagnostic tools. I get those done every three months and took all my previous lab results to the doctor, and she looked at it and just ordered the serum creatinine.

As an update, on Jan 17, my ecas showed medical results have been received. I had done the medical on Dec 16, and it was submitted on Dec 26.
Thanks for the update. I am sure you will receive PPR soon enough.

PandFeb2013

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 6 2013
AOR Received.
Mar 21 2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
inayatH said:
PandFeb2013

Just an update on my case, I just received my passports back.
Hope your process also complete soon... Thanks for your support.
Congratulations!! Have you completed landing? Please keep us posted.

After the endocrinologist appointment in early Feb, I am also hoping that my PR process would complete at least by end of March.

squishyface

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
Med's Request
26-11-2013
Med's Done....
23-12-2013 med's received 20-01-2014
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24-01-14
Since I have not received any email after my ECAS changed to Decision Made I inquired about it by emailing CIC last Friday. I have seen some cases where people got rejected even in that stage of application. I wanted to make sure it was not the rejection email that I was waiting to receive. CIC responded to my inquiry confirming the date CoPR was mailed out. I should receive it in mail soon.

As for the medical, DMP only requested creatine serum as an extra test. I thought I probably had to go through additional tests and some delay due to having type 1 diabetes for 20 years. To prove that I have no complications and am in perfect health, I even brought in all previous tests showing A1C level, eGFR,creatine serum, EKG, microalbumin/creatine ration, etc.
But the doctor did not look at them.

To all those with diabetes, I wish you the best on your PR journey.

venugopalt

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Hi squishyface ,

First of all, congratulations! on getting your CoPR.

I am diabetic and am concerned about my case. If you dont mind request you to clarify few questions.

1) Are you a type I or type 2 diabetic
2) What was your HBA1C
4) Did the doctor check your Blood Pressure.
3) Where did you do the Medicals

Appreciate your response. Thanks in advance.

venugopalt

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Hi haritsharma ,

I know my BP is high. Both me and my family doctor are working on it.
Lets hope it gets under control before my medicals next month.

Any tips or suggestions to get BP under control?

zetaiane19

Feb 17, 2014
to fanfebb2013,

Lpc and cecnov, thank you for your comments. Yes I am planning to go to a walk-in clinic and get myself tested. However I got a call from the panel physician's office today to let me know that my blood sugar levels are indeed high after the blood test and they have again called me on Monday to do further tests and so that the doctor can talk to me. I tried my best to get some information from the receptionist who called regarding my results but was not provided with an answer if I was found diabetic or not. Calling me for further test might be the reason why. But not sure what further tests they want to do when they already have my blood and urine samples from the first test. I am planning to go to a walk- in clinic tomorrow but again if they perform test tomorrow I would any way have to wait till next week by that time I would have met the panel physician and receive my diagnosis. This wait is killing me. Also that lingering doubt of my PR application being affected after this long wait when I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

hi, we are in same boat.Doctor ask my husband to do blood and urine test because the doctor told us that they found glucose on his urine.They called us 3 days after we did our medical.And after a month and 3 days,they called me again to repeat my urine because same thing there is a glucose and i am diabetic and cic need me to do the treatment right away.She said i need to see my fa,ily doctor for the treatment.SAme thing i was asking her about the result if i was really diagnosed diabetes and if it was positive. My question is,are they gonna give me any refferal letter saying that i was diagnose diabetes and need treatment.I admit i had a gestational diabetes during pregnancy but it was all gone after the deliverry. I did my walk in check last week and waiting for the result.Trying to call the clinic where i did my immigration medical but they always tell me that if we dont call you after 10 days everything is ok and the result will be send to CIC.I was freaking out almost everyday for my closed work permit will due on june 2014.My open bridge work permit is still on process since i applied last feb 2,2014. Everytime i call the clinic ,says just wait for us to contact you for further test.I was afraid it we have any issue on our medical since we feel that we are both healthy. still on work permit status..

any seniors can give me a thought or enlightening me on my situation. I am afraid to be rejected after a year of waiting.
thanks