+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

bu1007

Aug 31, 2019
Can anyone give me advice on OWP refunds?
I received DM today and now waiting on the interview invitation. OWP still not complete.
Should I request a refund for the OWP fees now or is it safer to wait until I have completed the interview?
TIA

samar4187

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
HI Chrisz, My PR status shows "Medical Results have been received since Nov 13. Yday we got SA. API is still waiting. Is there a chance I may get interview call before PPR.. Am I on the hook still?
I have medical received since Oct 10th
Received Eligibility passed on Dec 2nd (I guess thats AIP)
Still waiting for SA, DM and background check..

Chrisz

Nov 28, 2019
HI Chrisz, My PR status shows "Medical Results have been received since Nov 13. Yday we got SA. API is still waiting. Is there a chance I may get interview call before PPR.. Am I on the hook still?
I don’t really know at this moment. I thought we soon to be finished but we got our SA and AIP about two weeks ago and yet we haven’t got any response since then.

cassidyc

Nov 29, 2019
Today OWP s approved in GC key.
It was returned for missing $100 and resubmitted in Aug...

I have a similar situation. How long were you in Canada before the OWP got sent back? Did you have just visitor status? Did this put you technically out of status?

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
I received DM today and now waiting on the interview invitation. OWP still not complete.
Should I request a refund for the OWP fees now or is it safer to wait until I have completed the interview?
TIA
I would suggest to wait until your application is complete, because technically they still have time until then to approve you for an OWP ...

BTrevisan

Sep 17, 2019
Vancouver, BC
TIA
I called CIC about this. The OWP application is the one granting you implied status, not the PR application. If you withdraw before your interview, you will lose implied status and it can implicate your process during the interview. After my call, they sent me this email:

"When you are in Canada, maintaining a legal temporary status is an important requirement. This is also applicable while your permanent residence application is being reviewed, for yourself and every family member already with you in Canada.

If you withdraw your application, the Case Processing Centre will consider that no application has been made and you will no longer be on implied status as of the end of the period authorized for your stay."

So my recommendation is to wait after the interview to withdrawal the application via webform. It takes 3-5 days for them to reply.
I resubmitted my OWP on 16-September and I should have already received it (based on September OWP being approved), but I think they see I have DM and are just waiting for my interview to happen. It's been scheduled for next Thursday (19-Dec) here in Vancouver. :)

Hope it helps!

Reactions: bu1007 and Ver94

aquamex

Star Member
Jul 4, 2019
App. Filed.......
28-06-2019
AOR Received.
13-08-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
27-11-2019
Did my interview today at Etobicoke IRCC. The wait time was an hour but the actual interview was less than 5 mins.
Asked my husband (sponsor) to confirm his current workplace and that’s all! Finally it’s all done! Good luck to the people waiting.
Congratulations! I didn’t know the office was open on weekends.

Jiotr

Jul 15, 2019
Application received may 12
Application approved 7 November
I have been waiting for landing interview email for over a month now.
Waiting to hear from Edmonton.
Is anyone else in same situation?
yes i got my approval on the 19th of november, waiting to hear from london office still

manjyot

Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,
I submitted my wife's PR sponsorship application this year on May 27, 2019.
At the time of submission she was on a student visa and now she has a post graduate work permit valid until November next year.

Last Week November 29, 2019 she got requested for biometrics. We have paid the fees and submitted the payment via the IRCC webform. Still waiting for CIC to provide the instructions on when and how to give your biometrics.

On December 8, 2019 she got another email from CIC saying:-
"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.
Furthermore, we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been
completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in Vancouver will contact
you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original
identification document(s) to the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office at your
appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or
identity documents."

My concerns are regarding the following question:-
1) My wife only has a Post graduate work permit and her TRV expired last week. Shall we apply for a TRV or no. Is it important to have or present a TRV visa during the interview?
2) Second how much time does it take to schedule the interview? We reside in Vancouver.
3) We paid the biometrics fees but still waiting for CIC to send the instruction how will this impact the application?
4) Anything else I should be caution about from here on?

Thank you in advance. :)

dmsamy

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
I have a similar situation. How long were you in Canada before the OWP got sent back? Did you have just visitor status? Did this put you technically out of status?
Before the visitor status expired, i sent the OWP but when the it was returned the visitor is out so again sent the OWP with the applicable fee and request letter to approve OWP. It was then approved and the status is extended as worker.