+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

cassidyc

Nov 29, 2019
I received SA, AIP, & DM on December 13th. For those of you who had your interview in Etobicoke, how long did it typically take for them to email you about the interview time/date? How long after that email was your interview scheduled for? Any information on the process from here on would be great. Thanks!

Shasha2211

Dec 9, 2019
I received SA, AIP, & DM on December 13th. For those of you who had your interview in Etobicoke, how long did it typically take for them to email you about the interview time/date? How long after that email was your interview scheduled for? Any information on the process from here on would be great. Thanks!
Hi, I received my SA,AIP & DM on Nov 27th till now my interview is not scheduled from Etobicoke office, so in mean time I called Ircc customer care so they told me that the wait time to schedule the interview in Etobicoke office is 6 weeks. An in normal times the interview should scheduled in two weeks from the time we received DM so now it’s completely on our luck.
The main disadvantage is due to Christmas and Newyear they are having holidays so process is going very slow. So as far as I know we all have to wait till Jan1st week to expect a interview letter from them.

Reactions: cassidyc

cassidyc

Nov 29, 2019
Hi, I received my SA,AIP & DM on Nov 27th till now my interview is not scheduled from Etobicoke office, so in mean time I called Ircc customer care so they told me that the wait time to schedule the interview in Etobicoke office is 6 weeks. An in normal times the interview should scheduled in two weeks from the time we received DM so now it’s completely on our luck.
The main disadvantage is due to Christmas and Newyear they are having holidays so process is going very slow. So as far as I know we all have to wait till Jan1st week to expect a interview letter from them.
Thanks for the reply. That is frustrating! Was hoping it would be a quick thing to finish up the rest of the process as some of the other people on this forum have seemed to experience. Hope that we both get lucky and hear from them sooner. Keep me updated!

Reactions: Shasha2211

KerryO

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Got SA and AIP on Nov 27th. DM on 1st. Interview email received on Dec 9th for interview on Dec 14th. When I was at my interview, the interviewer mentioned that there is no backlog when I asked some question. I would say be patient you’ll receive something this week or something near the end of the year. Hang in there. Good luck!

Shasha2211

Dec 9, 2019
Got SA and AIP on Nov 27th. DM on 1st. Interview email received on Dec 9th for interview on Dec 14th. When I was at my interview, the interviewer mentioned that there is no backlog when I asked some question. I would say be patient you’ll receive something this week or something near the end of the year. Hang in there. Good luck!
Congrats.... we hope your words should come true. Its really frustrating to wait for the end step that it’s taking too long....
Thank you

Reactions: cassidyc and KerryO

TJ90

Jun 12, 2019
They requested me the same. Once they receive that no other notifications are received.
Ny background check started before this request. And after submitting the document, in about 3-4 weeks I received SA and AIP, and a week after that received my DM (Dec 1). Interview request (Dec 10) for interview on the Dec. 14th.
alright, thanks for your response! and congratulations!! seems like things are going well for us May applicants :)

Reactions: KerryO

cassidyc

Nov 29, 2019
Okay great to know. Thanks for the information. What is the process like once you get there? Pretty easy? Anything I should know beforehand?

Also, when did you apply for OHIP? - after your AIP letter or once you got your COPR? Is it three months from the AIP letter that we can receive our OHIP cards? Are they mailed or do we have to go to a ServiceOntario office to have them printed? Is it an automatic probationary period from the time we receive AIP until the three months after when we receive our OHIP cards meaning we can't travel out of country during this period?

Sorry for all of the questions! Really appreciate any feedback! :)

Reactions: aquamex

KerryO

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Okay great to know. Thanks for the information. What is the process like once you get there? Pretty easy? Anything I should know beforehand?

Also, when did you apply for OHIP? - after your AIP letter or once you got your COPR? Is it three months from the AIP letter that we can receive our OHIP cards? Are they mailed or do we have to go to a ServiceOntario office to have them printed? Is it an automatic probationary period from the time we receive AIP until the three months after when we receive our OHIP cards meaning we can't travel out of country during this period?

Sorry for all of the questions! Really appreciate any feedback! :)
Hi, the process is really easy. It was less than 5 mins. They only asked one question, where did my spouse worked and that’s it. So basically, really simple basic question. It’s pretty easy.

As my status was a worker before I got my PR, so basically I had OHIP already. You’ll be able to apply for it right away after your interview. They give the paper which explains everything about applying for OHIP and SIN. It’s all easy. You can also travel outside country but would need to apply for something, you can check that online. Traveling is not linked to OHIP at all. I hope I answered all your questions.
Good luck.

Reactions: cassidyc