+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

bu1007

Aug 31, 2019
I would suggest to wait until your application is complete, because technically they still have time until then to approve you for an OWP ...
Thanks for your reply! They actually approved my OWP the same day as my PR :mad: very annoying but nothing much I can do about it :(

Reactions: Topethedop

bu1007

Aug 31, 2019
My interview invitation stated that I need to bring two photographs. I'm very confused because I sent those in with the original application package, as requested. Why would they need me to bring new ones? Can they not just use the ones I already submitted?
Anyone else had the same situation?

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
My interview invitation stated that I need to bring two photographs. I'm very confused because I sent those in with the original application package, as requested. Why would they need me to bring new ones? Can they not just use the ones I already submitted?
Anyone else had the same situation?
No you should bring 2 photographs recent ones as they use these photographs for pr card

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
Thanks for your reply! They actually approved my OWP the same day as my PR :mad: very annoying but nothing much I can do about it :(
Sorry to hear that, but at least be happy the date is set! Forget about the OWP, honey. This is important now. Congratulations!

Reactions: bu1007

bu1007

Aug 31, 2019
Photo validity is 6 months. I guess your original photos just expired.
That's so weird for them to give a 12 month timeline on completing the application but a 6 month photo validity! Paying for 2 sets of photographs is a complete waste of money! They shouldn't ask for them to be submitted with the application in the first place lol

Thanks for your help :)

Bexi15

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
AOR Received.
28-03-2019
Med's Request
12-04-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
That's so weird for them to give a 12 month timeline on completing the application but a 6 month photo validity! Paying for 2 sets of photographs is a complete waste of money! They shouldn't ask for them to be submitted with the application in the first place lol

Thanks for your help :)
Yes it's normal for inland to have to provide 2 new photos at the landing interviee. I'm guessing since your landing interview is processed at your local IRCC and they are the ones who issue your card. They aren't the ones who recieved your original pictures.

Reactions: bu1007

TJ90

Jun 12, 2019
Does anybody have any experience with a request for a police certificate for the background check? I got a request for that and send it in, got an email last week that they received it and sent it over to the right officer, and since then nothing. Just wondering if there's anybody who was in the same situation and how fast it all went for them after that? I didn't get SA or AIP yet. Does that usually happen after the background check?

KerryO

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Does anybody have any experience with a request for a police certificate for the background check? I got a request for that and send it in, got an email last week that they received it and sent it over to the right officer, and since then nothing. Just wondering if there's anybody who was in the same situation and how fast it all went for them after that? I didn't get SA or AIP yet. Does that usually happen after the background check?
They requested me the same. Once they receive that no other notifications are received.
Ny background check started before this request. And after submitting the document, in about 3-4 weeks I received SA and AIP, and a week after that received my DM (Dec 1). Interview request (Dec 10) for interview on the Dec. 14th.

Reactions: may2019