+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

bu1007

Aug 31, 2019
We got SA and AIP. Waiting for DM. We called them and they just said we’re waiting for my background check and it has been almost a month since we got AIP and SA.
Oh no that's so frustrating. Especially when most May applicants appear to be completing :(

Manpra

Nov 15, 2019
I am seeing this status update in ECAS for my husband who is my sponsor. Decisosn Made - "We sent you correspondence on December 10, 2019 about the decision on your application." Any idea what does it means? I will contact my rep now. but any idea what does this means.. getting anxious :-(
Can some one pls help here? What does above status at ECAS for SA means

Appreciate any help.

Dec 11, 2019
New to the forum (and forums period)... I've tried to go back and read as many posts as I could but here are so many. I feel like my timeline is slower than most of yours. Starting to worry a little bit. Here is my timeline, thankful for some help in what we are dealing with.

I am the sponsor for my husband (who is in Canada) and his child (who is overseas)

Application received May 28th
Acknowledgement of Receipt June 25th
Open Work Permit approved September 13th
Request for Medical received October 10th
Husbands medical done October 19th
Dependents done November 13th
Medicals passed November 25th
Also on November 25th, my husband received this letter on his GCKey:
Your application is ready to be assessed. However, in order to determine your eligibility, further information is required. Your dependent child, **********, is listed on your application. Please indicate whether your dependent is an accompanying or non-accompanying dependent
We sent this letter back by web form the same day.
I noticed on November 26th that the application status under Sponsorship Application had changed to decision made, but we have yet to receive anything saying that decision is, and when I call the call center, they say they cannot see what the decision is until correspondence has been sent out, but it looks like a positive decision.

I swear I am online checking every single hour to see if anything has changed.

Does anyone know what comes next?
Also, does anyone know if the child will get approval at the same time as my husband seeing as he is overseas?

I am so lost, any help is much appreciated.

Chrisz

Nov 28, 2019
Oh no that's so frustrating. Especially when most May applicants appear to be completing :(
I know right. It seems like most of the people in this chat are completed their application while We’re still waiting for the DM. Why the background check talks so long for us?

Manpra

Nov 15, 2019
my husband received this via mail "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor " - is it SA approval? what is next step? Any idea?

Chrisz

Nov 28, 2019
my husband received this via mail "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor " - is it SA approval? what is next step? Any idea?
Yes, it’s SA. You’ll have to wait for AIP and background check once those are done then you will receive a letter said that you’re completed the application

RaiCast

Jun 16, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Hello there and good morning!

Just want to see if anyone has finished the landing interview and I want to find out if I need to bring an original copy of my birth certificate even if I have not made any changes to it. And the original copy I have included when I submitted my application.

I want to make sure I got everything prepared for Jan 07 which is our landing interview.

Hope everyone receives their good news soon!

bu1007

Aug 31, 2019
I received AIP and DM today!! Now to wait for the interview! So happy :) best Christmas present ever!

Those still waiting, hang in there you'll get good news soon :)

Manpra

Nov 15, 2019
I received AIP and DM today!! Now to wait for the interview! So happy :) best Christmas present ever!

Those still waiting, hang in there you'll get good news soon :)
Congratulations!!

I am 31st May application receiver... Still waiting for AIP.....Thanks for your support...

Reactions: bu1007

Manpra

Nov 15, 2019
Yes, it’s SA. You’ll have to wait for AIP and background check once those are done then you will receive a letter said that you’re completed the application
HI Chrisz, My PR status shows "Medical Results have been received since Nov 13. Yday we got SA. API is still waiting. Is there a chance I may get interview call before PPR.. Am I on the hook still?

KerryO

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
HI Chrisz, My PR status shows "Medical Results have been received since Nov 13. Yday we got SA. API is still waiting. Is there a chance I may get interview call before PPR.. Am I on the hook still?
Same here. It’s not 100% accurate.