+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Nisht

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Canada

I did not submit OWP application with PR application and my OWP paper application was received two weeks ago. I still can not link it to my GCKey account. I talked to an IRCC phone agent and he told me that I need an application number emailed from IRCC to be able to link my OWP paper application to my GCKey account. Those who applied for OWP, did you also wait for acknowledgment of receipt of OWP application to link your OWP? How long did it take for you to link it?

linafolker

Jul 5, 2019

I did not submit OWP application with PR application and my OWP paper application was received two weeks ago. I still can not link it to my GCKey account. I talked to an IRCC phone agent and he told me that I need an application number emailed from IRCC to be able to link my OWP paper application to my GCKey account. Those who applied for OWP, did you also wait for acknowledgment of receipt of OWP application to link your OWP? How long did it take for you to link it?
I honestly tried so many times to link my OWP... during like 2 months, I called many times and they could not gave an explanation on why I was not able to link it but they said it was on process so I gave up trying and 3 months and 2 weeks after sending the papers I got the email saying they approved my OWP..... All the times I called they just told me to wait because it can take up to 4 months and that in the case I did not get anything after 4 months then I should called them again. So good it did not happen that way. But that was my case, a lot other people were able to link it super fast and without problem.

Callaisla

Sep 22, 2019
Our application for sponsorship was received May 21st, 2019 and we rec'd AOR on August 7th, 2019. We've still heard absolutely nothing about our OWP - is this normal or should I be concerned? I haven't been able to link the OWP to my GCKey either, but I was able to do so with the actual PR application.

Robslinga

Jan 26, 2019
Our application for sponsorship was received May 21st, 2019 and we rec'd AOR on August 7th, 2019. We've still heard absolutely nothing about our OWP - is this normal or should I be concerned? I haven't been able to link the OWP to my GCKey either, but I was able to do so with the actual PR application.
I'm in the same boat, however I was able to link my OWP application to my online account. My application was received on May 22nd and I haven't heard anything either. According to the spreadsheet tho, only 50% of May applications have received their OWP so far, so still a lot more to come. I just wish it was quicker!

Sep 23, 2019
I'm in the same boat, however I was able to link my OWP application to my online account. My application was received on May 22nd and I haven't heard anything either. According to the spreadsheet tho, only 50% of May applications have received their OWP so far, so still a lot more to come. I just wish it was quicker!
Hi, where is this spreadsheet. I am very interested to take a look at it?

karan21sharma

Mar 5, 2016
Hi, my common-law’s application (PR +OWP) was received on Aug 2nd and we received AOR email on Sept. 7th.
Back in March, our application package was returned due to missing signatures, ending my common law’s implied status. We got her status restored but now it’s expiring on Sept. 30th.
My question is, should we extend her visitor record or is it certain that we will get her OWP since we already have received an AOR?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SofiaMartins

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hi, my common-law’s application (PR +OWP) was received on Aug 2nd and we received AOR email on Sept. 7th.
Back in March, our application package was returned due to missing signatures, ending my common law’s implied status. We got her status restored but now it’s expiring on Sept. 30th.
My question is, should we extend her visitor record or is it certain that we will get her OWP since we already have received an AOR?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You received AOR for the Sponsorship application, not the OWP right? From what I know, this does not provide status.
I would apply for a visitor extension to provide her implied status. If the OWP is received prior to getting a response about her visitor extension, you can apply for a refund for the extension

SofiaMartins

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
You received AOR for the Sponsorship application, not the OWP right? From what I know, this does not provide status.
I would apply for a visitor extension to provide her implied status. If the OWP is received prior to getting a response about her visitor extension, you can apply for a refund for the extension
Also, keep in mind that the OWP takes a while. We got AOR July 10th and received the OWP by July 29th but there are people who have been waiting over 4 months

Reactions: Karsky

marcus2390

Sep 11, 2016
it seems that the OWP will be given in three months for those that the application was returned. I was reading this forum https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/open-work-permit-app-returned-due-to-insufficient-payment.520640/page-8 because I'm in the same boat and most of them receive the work permit at the third month after resending it
hi, may I know if you had to re-do the forms or did you just send back the original forms? did they return the photocopies of passport, marriage certificate when they returned your application?

marcus2390

Sep 11, 2016
Application Received: May 21st
Aor: August 8th 2019
OWP (resent to Edmonton office due to missing fees June 11th): Approval September 13th
Medical Request: waiting
hi, did you have to re-do all the forms or just sent what was requested? our OWP application was returned due to proof of payment but our copies of passport and marriage certificate were not returned. We're not sure if we should have reprinted all the forms and provided new copies of marriage certificate and passport pages. Thanks

Ruobear

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
hi, did you have to re-do all the forms or just sent what was requested? our OWP application was returned due to proof of payment but our copies of passport and marriage certificate were not returned. We're not sure if we should have reprinted all the forms and provided new copies of marriage certificate and passport pages. Thanks
When my application was returned (due to missing signature / Notice of Assessment/Option C) they had mis-organized everything. Unless the form has updated since the last time you filled them out then it is not required to re-fill them. However that is optional if you still would like everything brand new again. I never re-printed or copied my certificates again so I don't believe you have anything to worry about. I just re-organized my documents into the checklist that's on the sponsorship list / OWP list and re-sent.

Hope that helps!

Mrstapan

Aug 24, 2019
Hi All,

We are preparing for our landing interview on Friday but just realized our passports were not stamped upon coming back into Canada in August from our vacation. It says we need to bring proof of the first and last entry into Canada. We have our plane tickets and a stamp from a Seattle on that day, will this pose problems?
Thanks!

lcpv84

Jul 30, 2019
hi, may I know if you had to re-do the forms or did you just send back the original forms? did they return the photocopies of passport, marriage certificate when they returned your application?
I re-did the forms again because it had changed the version since May that we applied, they didn't give me back the support documents so I printed again all the documents and set back with the new forms and the two payment receipt