+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

kayg

Jul 16, 2019
Application Received: May 21st
Aor: August 8th 2019
OWP (resent to Edmonton office due to missing fees June 11th): Approval September 13th
Medical Request: waiting

Reactions: Karsky and lcpv84

J2dc

Star Member
Sep 20, 2018
OWP (resent to Edmonton office due to missing fees June 11th): Approval September 13th
Hi, did you receive eligibility to sponsor yet?

lcpv84

Jul 30, 2019
Good :), so they actually take 3 months to process the OWP that we resent, well I have just to continue waiting

J2dc

Star Member
Sep 20, 2018
App received: May 15th
AOR: July 27th
Started processing: Aug 9th

Still nothing since then...Were waiting on OWP, Med req and Sponsorship eligibility.

I am the sponsor and have not heard anything yet....

SofiaMartins

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Someone in the WHATSAPP group who applied in April said that Med Requests are sent out in alphabetical order by provinces..
Must explain why everyone who received the med requests yesterday were from AB and BC.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone, 1 question for those who received their owp, did you guys received any email that the sponsor is eligible to sponsor? I called cic about my husband's plan to quit his job bec of his paternity leave and they said he cant quit not unless we receive a confirmation saying he is eligible to sponsor. Thanks for future responses.
Would really discourage quitting your job when it comes to benefits. Let people fire you or lay you off. I assume you have not received OHIP yet. Have you looked at the Mat leave rates yet? You may struggle since it doesn’t look like you have received your OWP and may not be planning on looking for work when you get it soon, paying for your delivery plus pre/postpartum care and surviving on just mat leave payments. 4 weeks may be enough leave. Living on a mat leave plus a full-time income can be tough for a year for most families without the added medical expenses and with only mat leave payment as income.