+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

IrrMirr

Star Member
May 8, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
It would be great if they are finally offering them at Service Canada offices, because I'm gonna have to go to one to get my SIN once my OWP arrives and it would be fantastic if I could do both at the same time ;)
I got my SIN this week in Vancouver (Service Canada office on Hastings) - no biometrics there and when i looked for the office to go, dont remember seeing any with that option (but i havent been requested to do that (yet?) anyways)

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
I got my SIN this week in Vancouver (Service Canada office on Hastings) - no biometrics there and when i looked for the office to go, dont remember seeing any with that option (but i havent been requested to do that (yet?) anyways)
I know they're supposed to start offering them in select Service Canada offices in 2019, but that could still be months away. Until I hear otherwise, I'm kind of just assuming that they sent the letter in error and I won't have to give them

Reactions: IrrMirr

ashleysabine

Jun 15, 2018
My application was returned to me yesterday, due to a missing signature on the additional family information sheet.

On June fourth I applied for a visa extension for 6 months, because my passport was due to expire in the next two weeks. At the time I was still waiting on AOR. Does anyone know if I'll be denied my extension since I have not yet reapplied? I am waiting on the FBI to return my fingerprints (police check), before I resubmit. Has any one else read that the background checks are only good for 3 months?

endian

May 15, 2019
Hey All,

Our application was received May 15, and we haven't heard anything from CIC.

I keep reading people linking their applications before AORs, I tried doing it on cic page and nothing pulls up.

We also tried using ECAS, cant seem to check application status.. dont know what ID Type to put as my wife is on a visitor visa.

Can anyone help how to link on cic (without an AOR) and ECAS.

Thanks!

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
My application was returned to me yesterday, due to a missing signature on the additional family information sheet.

On June fourth I applied for a visa extension for 6 months, because my passport was due to expire in the next two weeks. At the time I was still waiting on AOR. Does anyone know if I'll be denied my extension since I have not yet reapplied? I am waiting on the FBI to return my fingerprints (police check), before I resubmit. Has any one else read that the background checks are only good for 3 months?
Is it your passport itself expiring, or just your status in canada? If you mean your status is expiring, since you applied before your status expired you have implied status until a decision is made on that extension.
I had a similar issue, we initially sent in my PR app in March, I applied for an extension (visitor record) in April, my PR app was returned in May because I forgot to include my birth certificate. I resent mine immediately, and my Visitor Record was approved early July, long before my PR app started processing. I personally don't think it will be a problem as long as you are in the process of getting that application submitted.

As far as waiting to resubmit...here's the thing. If you resubmit and they deny your extension, you'll have to leave Canada and apply from outside the country (your Inland app would be invalid because you didnt maintain legal status in Canada). You can wait, it just means you'll be waiting longer to get your OWP (if you've applied for one).

Either way, once your initial status in Canada expires in the next two weeks, you can't leave the country until a decision is made on the extension

ashleysabine

Jun 15, 2018
Is it your passport itself expiring, or just your status in canada? If you mean your status is expiring, since you applied before your status expired you have implied status until a decision is made on that extension.
I had a similar issue, we initially sent in my PR app in March, I applied for an extension (visitor record) in April, my PR app was returned in May because I forgot to include my birth certificate. I resent mine immediately, and my Visitor Record was approved early July, long before my PR app started processing. I personally don't think it will be a problem as long as you are in the process of getting that application submitted.

As far as waiting to resubmit...here's the thing. If you resubmit and they deny your extension, you'll have to leave Canada and apply from outside the country (your Inland app would be invalid because you didnt maintain legal status in Canada). You can wait, it just means you'll be waiting longer to get your OWP (if you've applied for one).

Either way, once your initial status in Canada expires in the next two weeks, you can't leave the country until a decision is made on the extension

My passport itself is good for several years, my status was going to expire. I'd like to resubmit my application immediately, but I'm not sure if I need to get a new fbi check. I got a response from the fbi on april 11th, but ive heard mixed answers on how long that is valid for. I'm worried I'll resubmit and it will be returned again due to an expired fbi check. I sent my finger prints out to the fbi this morning, just in case I need to get a new one ‍

Last edited:

samar4187

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
I followed the instructions in this thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-an-application-to-cic-account-step-by-step-instruction.619724/

It seems to help most people. Dont get discouraged, their online portal is not super user friendly most of the time, so it's not you, its them. You could also try reporting a technical issue using their webform and maybe they can give you some helpful info
I tried using this link couple weeks back but no luck. Submitted a technical issue webform as well and they sent back with similar instructions and said if not working take screenshots and send. I might have to do that to see what they have to say.

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
My passport itself is good for several years, my status was going to expire. I'd like to resubmit my application immediately, but I'm not sure if I need to get a new fbi check. I got a response from the fbi on april 11th, but ive heard mixed answers on how long that is valid for. I'm worried I'll resubmit and it will be returned again due to an expired fbi check. I sent my finger prints out to the fbi this morning, just in case I need to get a new one ‍
I heard it was valid for 6 months, so personally I would resubmit and take my chances. I believe you're fine, I did mine back in march and included the same one when I resubmitted my application and they didnt send it back

ashleysabine

Jun 15, 2018
I heard it was valid for 6 months, so personally I would resubmit and take my chances. I believe you're fine, I did mine back in march and included the same one when I resubmitted my application and they didnt send it back
Awesome, I'll do that. Thanks for your input!

Aman.ghafar

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Can someone answer my question
we sent our application including OWP in may 30th and recieved Aor for PR application only.
PR application got linked but no word on OWP application or AOR.
we tried online tool to look up but it doesnt show any application submitted for owp only PR application.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: jods24
Oct 31, 2018
Does liking application to cic account, means that application is complete and i will receive AOR soon. And current status shows submitted now. What does that mean.?

SofiaMartins

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Can someone answer my question
we sent our application including OWP in may 30th and recieved Aor for PR application only.
PR application got linked but no word on OWP application or AOR.
we tried online tool to look up but it doesnt show any application submitted for owp only PR application.

Thanks in advance
I did not receive AOR for my OWP.. We were able to link it on GCKEY by using his UCI. That' s how we found out that it was being processed