+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Samantha F

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
I'm so excited, we received our AOR by e-mail this morning at 7:51am!!! Finally, after 78 days of waiting we won't need to resubmit!

My updated timeline:

Application Received: March 28th
Application Returned: May 13th (Missing signature)
Application Mailed Out: May 16th
Application Received: May 17th
AOR: August 3rd

Oct 31, 2018
common-law sponsorship + OWP
App received by CIC: May 06, 2019
AOR: July 11, 2019
OWP linked online: July 23, 2019, but the website said received on April 29
OWP approved: Aug.1, 2019
waiting for OWP in mail

One question here, do I need to apply for a Canada Visa? I am now living in Vancouver but don't know if I will leave Canada while waiting for the PR. Thanks in advance!!

How to link OWP permit file to cic account?? Can you please guide.

Thanks

endian

May 15, 2019
Just FYI, their processing isnt really linear like that. I mailed mine May 16, it was received by them June 3 (according to ECAS) and I got my AOR last week. I hope yours comes soon!
How dd you find your application on ECAS... What did you type in the ID Type section? Our application was received on 15th, we havent heard anything from CIC yet. Since my wife is on a visitor visa, we dont know what ID TYPE to input to pull up our application.

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
How dd you find your application on ECAS... What did you type in the ID Type section? Our application was received on 15th, we havent heard anything from CIC yet. Since my wife is on a visitor visa, we dont know what ID TYPE to input to pull up our application.
Does she have a UCI from her visitor visa? Because that's unique to the individual, not the application, so you could always try that. You could also try calling the IRCC helpline to see if they can give you an update. Otherwise you just have to be patient, unfortunately.

Seatou

Aug 2, 2019
How to link OWP permit file to cic account?? Can you please guide.

Thanks
Login to GCkey
Add (link) your application to your account
Category: temporary residence
sub-cat: work permit and extension
additional details: UCI and family name
applicant's personal information: passport
type of work permit: open
country of residence: Canada
martial status: common-law (if applicable) , depends
which situation: applied for PR as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada.

Also, I realized that even though the Office received your OWP application, you cannot find a search result if they don't submit it online yet. I sent OWP app along with my PR app. Therefore I assumed it would be paper application. In fact, the system showed online submission as the application type. The time when you will be able to link the OWP really depends on when the agent submits your file online. Good luck!!

Pparreira

Jun 19, 2019
Hi guys, anyone heard about how to apply for an autorization for leave the country just for a family vacation for 15 days ? I got my work permit but I i can not re-entre only with it than i should apply for the ETA but even that would have a risk. My trip is booked already to visit my parents and i can't really cancel it.

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
Hello everyone can a married person apply for sponsorship under common law category or just only under spouse category?

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
Hello everyone can a married person apply for sponsorship under common law category or just only under spouse category?
Pretty sure that once you're legally married you dont qualify as common-law anymore, only as spouse.

Also common-law has more requirements than spouse, so I'm not sure why you would want to apply that way...

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
Pretty sure that once you're legally married you dont qualify as common-law anymore, only as spouse.

Also common-law has more requirements than spouse, so I'm not sure why you would want to apply that way...
What if we apply as a common law category?