+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Jiotr

Jul 15, 2019
Hi everyone, just an update on my case.

I was able to link my application to my online account today, despite not having received an AOR.
Looking to link my OWP ASAP.... :)

Seatou

Aug 2, 2019
Hi Everyone!

Application received: May 09
Able to link application: Jul 18 (my wife cannot open her email, so not sure bout the AOR)
Just now... able to link my OWP(Aug 06)
Congrats!
Again my guess about being able to link OWP online relates to the date CIC office received your whole app package. Some ppl seem to get the AOR before you did, but still have difficulty in linking their OWP.

Robslinga

Jan 26, 2019
Hi everyone, just an update on my case.

I was able to link my application to my online account today, despite not having received an AOR.
Looking to link my OWP ASAP.... :)
That's great news! Hopefully your AOR arrives in the next couple of days. I see on the spreadsheet that you're one day ahead of me so that gives me hope! Please keep us updated about your AOR :)

lcpv84

Jul 30, 2019
Hi good morning all,
unfortunately yesterday was returned to me my work permit application due to insufficient funds, I knew that but I did what one of you did previously (pay the missed payment and send it by the online tool and to the address when I sent the application before) but seems they didn't link the both things. I am sending it back today to the Edmonton cebut also I had to ask for the restoration of the status too (I was in implicit status since one month ago). I hope this time it was processed faster.

J2dc

Star Member
Sep 20, 2018
Hi guys I have a question, when me and my husband applied for sponsorship I was pregnant. Unfortunately we lost the baby after sending in the application, can you advise if immigration will find out this information? If so how? And could this affect our application? My second question is that my husband is without status now for 3 years now and we applied for OWP what are the chances of him getting this? Thank you!

SofiaMartins

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hi guys I have a question, when me and my husband applied for sponsorship I was pregnant. Unfortunately we lost the baby after sending in the application, can you advise if immigration will find out this information? If so how? And could this affect our application? My second question is that my husband is without status now for 3 years now and we applied for OWP what are the chances of him getting this? Thank you!
I would consult an Immigration Lawyer because your husband is out of status.. I believe a person requires status to be sponsored..

SofiaMartins

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Did you already have the UCI when you submitted your application? or did you receive it through your AOR?
We had UCI from my husband visitors extension. But we did not use it to link the application. We used the Last Name, First Name and Birthdate option

J2dc

Star Member
Sep 20, 2018
I would consult an Immigration Lawyer because your husband is out of status.. I believe a person requires status to be sponsored..
No I don't think he requires status in order to be sponsored inland from the information I have received. I will await for further info on this thread from someone else who can provide me with more insight. Thank you though.

akhil923

Dec 7, 2018
Hi Guys,
Quick Question.

We got our AOR already and we submitted the OWP application at the same time. Her 6 months are expiring on August 16th. Spoke to my Rep he said we dont need to apply for extension as we applied OWP along with our PR. I really think we do have to apply for extension as just getting AOR wont really give us implied status.
Do let me know its i am making any sense or my rep is right?
Thanks

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
Hi Guys,
Quick Question.

We got our AOR already and we submitted the OWP application at the same time. Her 6 months are expiring on August 16th. Spoke to my Rep he said we dont need to apply for extension as we applied OWP along with our PR. I really think we do have to apply for extension as just getting AOR wont really give us implied status.
Do let me know its i am making any sense or my rep is right?
Thanks
I would call the IRCC helpline.

My initial understanding was that implied status only kicks in when it's the same status renewal (visitor getting a visitor record, worker renewing their work visa, etc) but others on this forum have said that IRCC told them that having an OWP application in cover them until it's done processing.

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
No I don't think he requires status in order to be sponsored inland from the information I have received. I will await for further info on this thread from someone else who can provide me with more insight. Thank you though.
They will assess your application differently, as long as his overstay is the only thing that would make him inadmissible normally. While no status is not an immediate disqualifier, it'll probably cause you problems. And given that he hasn't had status for about 2 years (if I remember correctly from a previous post) and had a deportation order at one point, I imagine it's going to be a problem. I am concerned that, since you wrote in a previous post concerned if immigration will find out about that while processing your application, you may have misrepresented his status at some point in your application, which would make it worse. I apologize if my speculating on that point is incorrect.

If you want to find someone to corroborate this for you, I suggest making your own thread about it to see if anyone has actual experience with it.

Also, as far as your baby goes, I'm sorry for your loss. If you included it in your application somehow, just send IRCC message to update them.

Reactions: SofiaMartins