Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
So one you are married you don’t qualify for common law application?
Yes. Common-Law is ONLY for people who are not currently married.

Also, after skimming your post history, I dont think you're going to qualify for any family sponsorship, due to the fact that your now-wife committed immigration fraud by not including you as her common-law partner on her own PR application.

Consult an immigration lawyer or consultant. We want to help each other here but if you omit key details about your situation, or keep asking the same question until you get the answer you want, there isnt much we can help with.

Edit: Also, I saw that you have previously applied for BCPNP and seemingly have yet to receive a decision. If that's true, you would need to wait for that decision to be made before you can apply for any other PR stream (which, please understand, YOU DO NOT SEEM TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR FAMILY SPONSORSHIP). Don't gum up IRCC's offices with multiple PR applications at the same time, it will not go well for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angel_17 and Seatou

J2dc

Star Member
Sep 20, 2018
Application received May 15th, they started processing it July 26th. Now we just wait. Does anyone know if you applied for a temp work permit is that approved or denied first and then the sponsorship and pr is approved? Also I noticed on the online tool there is two sections one for sponsorship and the other for PR. Are these processed separately or together?

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
Application received May 15th, they started processing it July 26th. Now we just wait. Does anyone know if you applied for a temp work permit is that approved or denied first and then the sponsorship and pr is approved? Also I noticed on the online tool there is two sections one for sponsorship and the other for PR. Are these processed separately or together?
Your work permit will get approved or denied any some point in the process, for some people it's been super early, others it's been 3-4 months in. It really has no bearing on your PR stuff and its processed separately, so unless you're able to link it to your online account and see progress, it's a bit of a crapshoot.

Sponsorship and PR are sort of together, sort of not. Your sponsor has to be approved for your PR to also be approved, but otherwise they are assessed mostly separately. And again, they move sort of at their own pace. My sponsor received AOR July 24th, and he already is approved as a sponsor (the sponsorship side on ECAS will say "Decision Made" instead of "In Progress"). From the google sheet we keep, it seems like most people dont get that approval (or at least it doesnt update in the system) until way later. It's all sort of a roll of the dice on when things happen.

Reactions: J2dc

abdul2805

Apr 4, 2019
Hi All,

Application Class: Inland
Application Sent: May 6th 2019
Application Received: May 7th 2019
AOR received: July 19th 2019

I have linked my application online and also our details our showing on ECAS. On both the CIC systems (GCKEY and ECAS) it shows they are reviewing the eligibility. Does anyone knows how much time it takes to complete this phase of the process?

Also, how much time it takes to receive a medical request for the Principal Applicant? Thank you in advance.

J2dc

Star Member
Sep 20, 2018
Your work permit will get approved or denied any some point in the process, for some people it's been super early, others it's been 3-4 months in. It really has no bearing on your PR stuff and its processed separately, so unless you're able to link it to your online account and see progress, it's a bit of a crapshoot.

Sponsorship and PR are sort of together, sort of not. Your sponsor has to be approved for your PR to also be approved, but otherwise they are assessed mostly separately. And again, they move sort of at their own pace. My sponsor received AOR July 24th, and he already is approved as a sponsor (the sponsorship side on ECAS will say "Decision Made" instead of "In Progress"). From the google sheet we keep, it seems like most people dont get that approval (or at least it doesn't update in the system) until way later. It's all sort of a roll of the dice on when things happen.
Thanks for the info! :) I have another question. My husband right now does not have a status in Canada. He hasn't had status in Canada for a little over 2 years, will immigration be able to see this? And if so, will this affect our application approval? He had attempted for restitution previously and it was denied and he had a deportation order. Will they see this and can this affect his application for PR?

jhaye18

Jun 11, 2019
Hi Everyone!

Application received: May 09
Able to link application: Jul 18 (my wife cannot open her email, so not sure bout the AOR)
Just now... able to link my OWP(Aug 06)

Reactions: Seatou

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
Thanks for the info! :) I have another question. My husband right now does not have a status in Canada. He hasn't had status in Canada for a little over 2 years, will immigration be able to see this? And if so, will this affect our application approval? He had attempted for restitution previously and it was denied and he had a deportation order. Will they see this and can this affect his application for PR?
As in, he is in Canada currently with no status? Seeing as you're in an Inland thread, I'm assuming you applied Inland and he is in Canada with you. If that's the case, then yes that's a huge issue. When you apply Inland, the principal applicant has to maintain status in Canada, whether that's as a visitor, worker, or student. If he doesnt have that, that's for sure a problem.

Also, I'm not sure if a prior deportation order is an immediate disqualifier, but for sure your application and situation will probably be under more scrutiny than your average application.

J2dc

Star Member
Sep 20, 2018
As in, he is in Canada currently with no status? Seeing as you're in an Inland thread, I'm assuming you applied Inland and he is in Canada with you. If that's the case, then yes that's a huge issue. When you apply Inland, the principal applicant has to maintain status in Canada, whether that's as a visitor, worker, or student. If he doesnt have that, that's for sure a problem.

Also, I'm not sure if a prior deportation order is an immediate disqualifier, but for sure your application and situation will probably be under more scrutiny than your average application.
Thanks again for the quick response. Yes he is in Canada with me and we live together. He does not have a status in Canada right now as his original work permit expired, and restitution denied. I always heard that so long as the relationship is proven to be genuine that my application should not see any problems. Thanks again.

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
Thanks again for the quick response. Yes he is in Canada with me and we live together. He does not have a status in Canada right now as his original work permit expired, and restitution denied. I always heard that so long as the relationship is proven to be genuine that my application should not see any problems. Thanks again.
I would highly recommend you talk to an Immigration lawyer.

Reactions: J2dc

Jiotr

Jul 15, 2019
I did not receive AOR for my OWP.. We were able to link it on GCKEY by using his UCI. That' s how we found out that it was being processed
Did you already have the UCI when you submitted your application? or did you receive it through your AOR?