+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

Oct 31, 2018
Yesterday i was able to link my application to cic account. it shows my UCI number and File number starting with Letter F.But i have not received AOR as of now. Does this mean that my application complete and i will receive AOR soon. The status shows submitted on the application. What does that mean??

Seatou

Aug 2, 2019
common-law sponsorship + OWP
App received by CIC: May 06, 2019
AOR: July 11, 2019
OWP linked online: July 23, 2019, but the website said received on April 29
OWP approved: Aug.1, 2019
waiting for OWP in mail

One question here, do I need to apply for a Canada Visa? I am now living in Vancouver but don't know if I will leave Canada while waiting for the PR. Thanks in advance!!

Reactions: Dhalaria
Oct 31, 2018
common-law sponsorship + OWP
App received by CIC: May 06, 2019
AOR: July 11, 2019
OWP linked online: July 23, 2019, but the website said received on April 29
OWP approved: Aug.1, 2019
waiting for OWP in mail

One question here, do I need to apply for a Canada Visa? I am now living in Vancouver but don't know if I will leave Canada while waiting for the PR. Thanks in advance!!

How to link OWP application ???

Bungali88

Aug 2, 2019
Hey All,

Our application was received May 15, and we haven't heard anything from CIC.

I keep reading people linking their applications before AORs, I tried doing it on cic page and nothing pulls up.

We also tried using ECAS, cant seem to check application status.. dont know what ID Type to put as my wife is on a visitor visa.

Can anyone help how to link on cic (without an AOR) and ECAS.

Thanks!

Here is something I pulled up earlier. I received an email yesterday that the application has been received and in progress. Managed to link my account no problem when using this info.

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category and subcategory that you applied for.
(6) Then select Application Number and Family name
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form. PUT YOUR FAMILY NAME IS THIS FORMAT - Smith (ensuring the first letter is capitalized) THEN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE. Then fill in Application number and AGAIN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, DO NOT FILL IN ANY PASSPORT INFORMATION. AGAIN WRITE ON THE SAME FORMAT (CAPITALISED FIRST LETTER OF YOUR CITY) AND PUT A SPACE AFTERWARDS
(9) Select Province and town you intend to live in (as on your IMM0008) and select current marital Status.
(10) Finally select 2 as the number of family members AND AGAIN ADD A SPACE AT THE END.
(11) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(12) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(13) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

Bungali88

Aug 2, 2019
Yesterday i was able to link my application to cic account. it shows my UCI number and File number starting with Letter F.But i have not received AOR as of now. Does this mean that my application complete and i will receive AOR soon. The status shows submitted on the application. What does that mean??
I received the same email yesterday so I called the IRCC to get some clarification. The operator told me that this email is the letter of acknowledgement and when you receive an application/UCI number it means the officer is satisfied that it's complete. As everyone else in the same situation will agree, it's just a waiting game!

Hope this helps!

Seatou

Aug 2, 2019
How to link OWP application ???
I tried 5 times every day since after receiving PR AOR, using UCI and passport information, same way like other applicants. I also saw a tip from other thread in terms of passport, they say if your passport number looks like this 123-45678, don't input the dash, just number.

Some ppl even don't link their app online, still get approval.

Seatou

Aug 2, 2019
Who else is here who is waiting for OWP AOR and received PR AOR?
As far as I know, there is no AOR for OWP at all. You need to link it on your account yourself. Another interesting thing is, the date of receiving OWP is always set to be one week before the day they receive your PR app. Despite the order for processing May apps are not chronological, the order for OWP seems in a normal way.

Aman.ghafar

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
As far as I know, there is no AOR for OWP at all. You need to link it on your account yourself. Another interesting thing is, the date of receiving OWP is always set to be one week before the day they receive your PR app. Despite the order for processing May apps are not chronological, the order for OWP seems in a normal way.
Well i received my PR AOR june 25th and im still waiting for OWP. Can't even link it at all.

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
Did you get it by e-mail or by mail? I submitted on the same day, so I'm sure mine is coming soon now.
Just FYI, their processing isnt really linear like that. I mailed mine May 16, it was received by them June 3 (according to ECAS) and I got my AOR last week. I hope yours comes soon!