+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

SofiaMartins

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Does anyone know if there had ever been an applicant who got already a temporary # but the application got returned? Just wondering. :/
I think so because they need a way of looking up your file to see if it has been returned or not... But i'm not 100% sure so don't take my word for it!

Jien_jim19

Jul 22, 2019
Called and
I think so because they need a way of looking up your file to see if it has been returned or not... But i'm not 100% sure so don't take my word for it!
All I can do right now is hope and pray! Everything will be good! ☺ I can feel good news is coming very soon!!

Cocorosie

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Does anyone know if there had ever been an applicant who got already a temporary # but the application got returned? Just wondering. :/
Yes, absolutely! They assign a temporary number right after they receive the application, imputing in their system minimum information such as name, phone number, email, address, uci. When the time comes (in case of May applicants => 2.5 months), they check your application if is complete and forms are correctly completed. If that is the case, then they drop the X in front of the temporary number and becomes a permanent number.
If not, they return it.

Jien_jim19

Jul 22, 2019
Yes, absolutely! They assign a temporary number right after they receive the application, imputing in their system minimum information such as name, phone number, email, address, uci. When the time comes (in case of May applicants => 2.5 months), they check your application if is complete and forms are correctly completed. If that is the case, then they drop the X in front of the temporary number and becomes a permanent number.
If not, they return it.
Thanks for the info! ☺

Reactions: Cocorosie

Blueface

Mar 15, 2019
Hello, I have applied in May for PR+OWP for my wife. We have not received AOR yet, her visitorr expires within 3 weeks, and I'm applying for the extension of visitor Visa.
My question is what reason should I write in the form for extension? If I write the truth that we're waiting for processing of OWP and PR application, will they reject the extension application?
Answer to this question will make many things clear for us.

Thanks.
I would also like to know the answer to this question if anybody knows as I am in the same situation
I was in a similar situation. My student permit was about to expire and we applied for change in status. I think we included our marriage certificate and receipts for the fees of the PR application, which we hadn't even applied for yet. I was granted a visitor record just over a month later and then we proceeded to apply for the sponsorship. So I can't tell you what to write, but being honest might be best.

Michyap

Jul 3, 2019
I still cannot link my OWP at this moment. I guess have to give some time.

When will we receive AIP( approval in principal)? Is it after OWP?

nng1206

Jun 30, 2019
So my file got returned to me in the mail this morning after a 57 day wait and I need to re-submit my application again on Monday. Does anybody know if the application forms have updated since May when I first applied? Because I know that if you apply on the wrong version of the form they also return the application

pepino99

May 17, 2019
So my file got returned to me in the mail this morning after a 57 day wait and I need to re-submit my application again on Monday. Does anybody know if the application forms have updated since May when I first applied? Because I know that if you apply on the wrong version of the form they also return the application
They have updated

Robslinga

Jan 26, 2019
Application received May 22
AOR: Still waiting

6 month temporary residency status expires September 30th. Do you recommend getting a visitor record extension OR leave Canada & then return (Thereby getting another 6 months in Canada? I still have a valid EtA.

Thanks everyone :)