+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MAY 2019 Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

SofiaMartins

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Sofia,

May I ask, How do you link the OWP without AOR?
We linked it using Last Name, First Name and Birthdate

There are instructions earlier on in the thread on how to link it. Just make sure to use the above information and if the application has been processed, you'll be able to link it.

Cocorosie

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Still haven't received an update... Hopefully all is ok :(
Once the eligibility started, should be followed soon by approval... Maybe today! :)
I know there are people from end of April who on Friday linked their owp, so maybe they are doing again that "funny" game of reviewing 2 months at the same time!

Reactions: SofiaMartins

SofiaMartins

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Once the eligibility started, should be followed soon by approval... Maybe today! :)
I know there are people from end of April who on Friday linked their owp, so maybe they are doing again that "funny" game of reviewing 2 months at the same time!
I honestly feel like May applicants got screwed over :( AOR's received super late and all...

nng1206

Jun 30, 2019
I called IRCC today just to check on my application because I haven’t received AOR yet. The woman on the phone said that they are still processing May 8 applications. I asked her how is it that people half way through June already have AOR and I don’t, she said that’s not possible because they are still only processing May 8. So yeah, I just feel like the people at the call centre probably don’t know too much about what’s actually going on other than the date they are given. They gave me a temporary number starting with X.....does this have any use for me other than if I need to call them again?

Reactions: SofiaMartins

SofiaMartins

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
I called IRCC today just to check on my application because I haven’t received AOR yet. The woman on the phone said that they are still processing May 8 applications. I asked her how is it that people half way through June already have AOR and I don’t, she said that’s not possible because they are still only processing May 8. So yeah, I just feel like the people at the call centre probably don’t know too much about what’s actually going on other than the date they are given. They gave me a temporary number starting with X.....does this have any use for me other than if I need to call them again?
I wouldn't bother with the call agents much. They usually don't know whats going on. As long as you have a temporary number, that's all that matters. Means that the app was received on their end and entered into their system. You can try linking it. Just remove the X and enter the rest.

nng1206

Jun 30, 2019
I wouldn't bother with the call agents much. They usually don't know whats going on. As long as you have a temporary number, that's all that matters. Means that the app was received on their end and entered into their system. You can try linking it. Just remove the X and enter the rest.
Thanks. I just tried now but it didn’t work. So the wait continues

nng1206

Jun 30, 2019
Hello, I have applied in May for PR+OWP for my wife. We have not received AOR yet, her visitorr expires within 3 weeks, and I'm applying for the extension of visitor Visa.
My question is what reason should I write in the form for extension? If I write the truth that we're waiting for processing of OWP and PR application, will they reject the extension application?
Answer to this question will make many things clear for us.

Thanks.
I would also like to know the answer to this question if anybody knows as I am in the same situation

Belenfretin

Jul 24, 2019
I would also like to know the answer to this question if anybody knows as I am in the same situation
Hi guys, when you got your visitor visa, expiration date is in 3 weeks? Or visa was granted for 10 years? (Knowing a visitor cannot remain in country more than 6 months)

nng1206

Jun 30, 2019
Hi guys, when you got your visitor visa, expiration date is in 3 weeks? Or visa was granted for 10 years? (Knowing a visitor cannot remain in country more than 6 months)
Expiration of visitor visa is in just over 3 weeks and have to apply for visitor visa extension