+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>May 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

bioGio

Apr 17, 2020
Hi, folks my Aor may 07 2019. with inland MPNP. waiting for PPR now. I know the pandemic made the ircc department partly closed like inland applications. When it will reopen? and does anyone has same situation like me? I don't how long I still need to wait since I v been lay off in late March.... i live in Winnipeg now.

robasket3535

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
I’m glad that I’m not a alone but it seems some of us has waited for 11 months and still no result yet. I guess all we can do now is to be patient and wait for the pandemic to be over soon so that they can restart to review our applications.

Gurpreet2691

Nov 6, 2019
i am also waiting. My AOR is MAY 25. Eligibility in review, background check not started yet. Ordered GCMS notes, i don't have Review Required. Everything is fine in the notes. My file hasn't been touched since October. Everytime i raise a web form got a generic response.

Last edited:
Reactions: robasket3535

rosy12345

Star Member
Feb 27, 2019
Vancouver
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-05-2019
File Transfer...
29-08-2019
Hi everyone
Looks like we are the only ones remaining in this group now -- whose files are still pending.
My AOR : 9-May-2019,
Visa Office : NDVO
But I'm an inland (Canada) candidate.
And no update/response from NDVO since Aug-2019.

Earlier I was in panic mode that - why my file is not moving, and also getting no updates from IRCC or NDVO.
But after seeing this pandemic situation around the world & so many crazy things happening in the recent months which have stopped the world opposite to the way we humans wanted. And, I've realized that some things are beyond our control. There's someone else incharge of things. There is some supreme power running this world & planning things for everyone of us - in IT's own sweet/sour ways, irrespective of what anyone specifically wants/desires. It does not matter how desperately I also wanted my file to be processed within 6 months (like many others), BUT it depends only upon HIM that - when it will be processed/approved or whatever.

Since then I've stopped being in panic mode and have started to be at peace with my file & my life - BOTH. Now I've let my brain-strings loose instead of being strained & drained all the time. It's better this way. I've been in Canada & recently even here the situation is not as good as India in terms of lockdown. And It's better to be in a home-like comfortable place, your own home/city, rather than being in any foreign land (for everyone who's very eager to land in Canada) in current situations. So, wherever you are whatever you are doing - just mend peace with yourself & take some deep breaths & leave the file & life onto the Almighty. I've done it - & would suggest the selected ones to just stay loose & try this - trust me you'll be relaxed.
And things will happen - when they are bound to happen - nobody can stop that.

robasket3535

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
The IRCC website has below information in regards to COVID-19:

Some steps you may not be able to complete right now include

• submitting your passport or supporting documents, such as a police certificate
  • completing an immigration medical exam

Does that mean they will not issue PPR because applicants can’t submit passports?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Haven't checked this thread in a long time, didn't realise there are some of you still waiting for a response.

Your files probably got caught in the final review just when the coronavirus hit, and so they've been on hold for a while as offices have closed and workloads have frozen.

I know it's a bit nerve-wracking but as long as everything is in order, you application should be fine.

It's true, now is not a great time to land, and even if you got your documents, you would not benefit from the exemptions and so would not be able to land as your COPR would be dated after March 18.

Treat it as a blessing in disguise, you'll be given more time to land after this thing blows over and you can come at a much better time.

Check your accounts for GUs every day, that's really the only sure sign that there's movement on your file. Although not everyone sees GUs on their applications before they get PPR, many do.

Reactions: robasket3535

Kalika18

Star Member
May 18, 2018
So guys. I landed in Canada on 15th March a day before the country closing down. The situation here is pretty bad. I landed on a Sunday. I could not do my SIN number procedure at the airport as it works only Monday to Friday. Then I was asked to self-isolate for 2 weeks as I had come from abroad. Then all service Canada centres closed down. So no SIN number.
It is difficult to find a good place to stay as i don't have a SIN number yet to get a credit report from the bank. I did the online process and am waiting for a SIN number.

Jobs are very few. So if you have a job in your home country, just hold on to it till things get better here I feel. Again in IT things may be better than other fields. So keep applying for jobs.

They will have to extend the COPRs of people who cannot land. So keep the hope. It will happen. My family is stuck in India with a COPR that's about to expire and they cannot join me here anytime soon. So I'm quite bummed. Not the best time to come here honestly.
Thanks so much ! This is so useful. Would you know if its possible to land on a Thursday and finish the landing process at airport and take the next flight back home by any chance ?

Last edited:

Kalika18

Star Member
May 18, 2018
So guys. I landed in Canada on 15th March a day before the country closing down. The situation here is pretty bad. I landed on a Sunday. I could not do my SIN number procedure at the airport as it works only Monday to Friday. Then I was asked to self-isolate for 2 weeks as I had come from abroad. Then all service Canada centres closed down. So no SIN number.
It is difficult to find a good place to stay as i don't have a SIN number yet to get a credit report from the bank. I did the online process and am waiting for a SIN number.

Jobs are very few. So if you have a job in your home country, just hold on to it till things get better here I feel. Again in IT things may be better than other fields. So keep applying for jobs.

They will have to extend the COPRs of people who cannot land. So keep the hope. It will happen. My family is stuck in India with a COPR that's about to expire and they cannot join me here anytime soon. So I'm quite bummed. Not the best time to come here honestly.

Trinizoey

Star Member
Dec 17, 2019
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-05-2019
AOR Received.
15-05-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020

did you apply for your SIN. online?

Vabi.j

Dec 14, 2019
I have applied under express entry on May 28,2019. Medical got approved in July. Till now there is no update, contacted IRCC through web form, same reply that your application is in process. Any suggestions?

Mahal03

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Hi , Have you decided whether you will travel or not ? I think its best to postpone it , mine expires on May 15th and I put in a request saying I wont be able to travel now. I am awaiting a reply . Please let me know what your next steps are .
Have you received any response regarding the extension ?

Mahal03

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Hi All,
I hope everyone here and your families are in good health and doing fine. This is my timeline:
AOR - 4/May/2019
Golden Mail - 2/March/2020
Passport sent for stamping - 03/March/2020
Visa and CoPR recd- 14/March/2020
NDVO
Now I’m in such a dilemma that my Visa and medical expires on the 21/April/2020. I don’t know whether it is a good idea to travel before this that is after the April 15th and before the April 21st as International flights will not be operating in India before April 15th or to inform CIC about the situation and that I cannot travel due to Corona Virus as it is not safe to travel. I would really appreciate it if anybody travelling now or travelled recently can give me some inputs as to what would be the best thing to do at this situation. If I have to inform CIC how long will the process of re-doing medicals and re-issuing visa and CoPR take? How are things in Canada? What are the options to travel from the airport to any hotel or air bnb? Will the job market be okay in one month’s time? Thank you so much in advance for all your replies. This forum has helped me cope with all my anxieties and worries during my waiting period for the PR. Thank you, prayers and good luck coming to all in this forum.
Hi, what is your current situation now ? Have u raised a webform and did you get any response ?