Vancouver
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-05-2019
File Transfer...
29-08-2019
Hi guys,

Earlier in my profile, "Background Check" : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Today it says: "Not Applicable"

Any idea what is the meaning of this update/change ?

Kalika18

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Hi,

I am also in the same situation, My CoPR will expire on 27th April. I have raised a webform stating that I will not be able to travel and got a very generic response. Also many carriers donot have any flights operating in April, for ex: Air Canada has suspended their flights for April. I have also written to NDVO and waiting for a response.

I think even if the lockdown is lifted, there might still be a ban on international flights operations. Europe and US are now the epicenter of this pandemic. I saw that Japan has banned flights from Europe, US and Canada and many countries might follow the same approach. I hope we get some positive response on this from IRCC for situation like ours.

Below is the response I received for the Webform

Reply from IRCC

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Coronavirus - Approved PRs
We verified the information you provided. The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the new coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on IRCC clients.
If you are outside Canada:
On March 20, 2020, the Government of Canada provided updates on exemptions to travel restrictions in place to stop the spread of the coronavirus and protect the health and safety of Canadians.
If you were approved for permanent residence before the travel restrictions were announced on March 16, 2020, but have not landed yet, you will be able to come to Canada. The travel restriction exemptions that were announced are now in place. If you’re exempt, you can now travel to Canada.
If you’re travelling by air, you need to pass a health check before you’re allowed to board your flight. Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air.
When you arrive in Canada we’ll assess your health before you leave the port of entry. You must isolate for 14 days even if you have no symptoms. This is mandatory.
Only people who provide essential services and truck drivers who regularly cross the border to maintain the flow of goods are exempt from the isolation requirements.
We invite you to consult the How COVID-19 is affecting business at IRCC page to answer your most common questions about travel restrictions and exemptions.

If you are inside Canada:
We understand that these measures will affect several IRCC clients, including those who have received a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and are currently inside Canada.
Validating a COPR at a Port of Entry (POE)
· Due to the current travel restrictions, you should not travel to a POE to validate your COPR.
· Travelling to a POE from inside Canada for the purpose of getting immigration services is not considered essential travel, and you will not receive these services.

Appointment at a local IRCC office
· All in-person permanent resident landing appointments at the local IRCC offices have been cancelled.
· We are looking into alternative means to provide permanent resident landing services, including possibly by telephone.
· You will be contacted directly to reschedule your appointment.
· Local offices are reduced to critical services, therefore, no appointments can be scheduled at this time.

What happens next?
· Maintaining a legal temporary resident status is an important requirement. If your status is about to expire, you must apply online for an extension (visitor, student or worker).
· We invite you to visit our website regularly to receive up-to-date information as more announcements are made.

Please be assured that we continue to closely monitor the situation closely and will provide you with the most current information as the situation evolves.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I clicked on the link "How COVID-19 is affecting business at IRCC" and found the below

When will the exemptions be in place? Should people being exempt rush to Canada immediately?
Temporary foreign workers, some international students and approved permanent residents who haven’t yet landed are now able to enter Canada.

The travel restriction exemptions that were announced are now in place. If you’re exempt, you can now travel to Canada.
If you’re travelling by air, you need to pass a health check before you’re allowed to board your flight. Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air.
When you arrive in Canada we’ll assess your health before you leave the port of entry. You must isolate for 14 days even if you have no symptoms. This is mandatory.
Only people who provide essential services and truck drivers who regularly cross the border to maintain the flow of goods are exempt from the isolation requirements.

With travel restrictions in place in many countries around the world and international air travel reduced during the COVID-19 outbreak, we don’t recommend that those who are exempt from travel restrictions immediately try to travel to Canada.
Hi , Have you decided whether you will travel or not ? I think its best to postpone it , mine expires on May 15th and I put in a request saying I wont be able to travel now. I am awaiting a reply . Please let me know what your next steps are .

gabricar

Mar 24, 2020
I called CIC in Ottawa and they told me it was transferred to Mexico. You can also figure it out through the GCMS Notes.
I've requested my GCMS today... I hope it doesn't take longer than the usual... I may try to call them next week but I don't believe they are picking up the phone here in Canada.

smpbcpr

Feb 7, 2020
Hi , Have you decided whether you will travel or not ? I think its best to postpone it , mine expires on May 15th and I put in a request saying I wont be able to travel now. I am awaiting a reply . Please let me know what your next steps are .
I will not be able to travel as the lockdown is almost certain to be extended, even if lockdowns are lifted, it would still take a couple of weeks before air travel is restored and it would be past my CoPR expiry date. The aviation minister has said that domestic and international flight operations would be resumed only when we have a good handle on this current situation.

kiraucassis

Apr 12, 2019
So guys. I landed in Canada on 15th March a day before the country closing down. The situation here is pretty bad. I landed on a Sunday. I could not do my SIN number procedure at the airport as it works only Monday to Friday. Then I was asked to self-isolate for 2 weeks as I had come from abroad. Then all service Canada centres closed down. So no SIN number.
It is difficult to find a good place to stay as i don't have a SIN number yet to get a credit report from the bank. I did the online process and am waiting for a SIN number.

Jobs are very few. So if you have a job in your home country, just hold on to it till things get better here I feel. Again in IT things may be better than other fields. So keep applying for jobs.

They will have to extend the COPRs of people who cannot land. So keep the hope. It will happen. My family is stuck in India with a COPR that's about to expire and they cannot join me here anytime soon. So I'm quite bummed. Not the best time to come here honestly.

Mik486

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hi All,
I have a inquery about Landing. What questions should I expect the officer to ask at the border? Especially in the current condition of COVID 19.
I am trying to land soon and because I live in USA and received my CoPR in February 2020 I was told that I will be allowed to cross the border. Any help is much appreciated

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
You definitely need a quarantine plan- full address where you're going and how you will manage for 2 weeks without being able to go out for groceries, meds etc.

robasket3535

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
Hi everyone,

I’m wondering if anyone here with May 2019 AOR still waiting for the application to be finalised? I’ve seen other people with Nov 2019 receiving PPR these days but mine is still no updates whatsoever.

The only updates I had was in February requesting me to submit additional documents, but after that there has been no further updates or requests. I raised another web form in late March and got a generic response indicating my eligibility is still being reviewed and criminality is currently valid.

I am not sure if there’s any suggestions of what I should do right now because it has been such a long wait and still nothing is being processed.

Thanks a lot in advance!

macaq

Dec 3, 2019
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-12-2019
Med's Done....
20-06-2019
Passport Req..
18-11-2020
Hi everyone,

I’m wondering if anyone here with May 2019 AOR still waiting for the application to be finalised? I’ve seen other people with Nov 2019 receiving PPR these days but mine is still no updates whatsoever.

The only updates I had was in February requesting me to submit additional documents, but after that there has been no further updates or requests. I raised another web form in late March and got a generic response indicating my eligibility is still being reviewed and criminality is currently valid.

I am not sure if there’s any suggestions of what I should do right now because it has been such a long wait and still nothing is being processed.

Thanks a lot in advance!
I'm also still waiting, AOR May 15th... Sent a webform 3 days ago and they (Mexico office) replied me yesterday telling me that my process in under final stage of review, but stating that all offices are running with limited staff so it can take time. Unfortunately, if your eligibility is still being reviewed, there is not much you can do other than waiting. I know how excruciating it is :/

Reactions: robasket3535

MD25

Apr 7, 2020
Any possibility to apply Express entry?Easy way? I am currently holding temp work permit as nanny. Thanks