+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>May 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

Mahal03

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
That is partially true. For loans like education loan this is the case, but for loans like car or home (which are against assets), having loan doesn't impact. I have a home loan, well over PoF requirements which I declared in my application. I sailed through without any hiccups.
Proof of funds I have submitted as FD and I have few credit cards and a personal loan... Do I have to worry, do they check even Credit cards and any loans if there are ?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Proof of funds I have submitted as FD and I have few credit cards and a personal loan... Do I have to worry, do they check even Credit cards and any loans if there are ?
Here is what IRCC has to say -

What we accept as proof
Funds must be readily available to you. For example, you can't use equity on real property as proof of settlement funds.

You also can’t borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they aren’t coming with you).

If your spouse is coming with you, you can count money you have together in a joint account. You may be able to count money in an account under their name only, but you must prove you have access to the money.

The funds must be available both when you apply and when (if) we issue you a permanent resident visa. You must prove to an immigration officer that you can legally access the money to use here when you arrive.

For proof, you must get official letters from any banks or financial institutions where you’re keeping money.

Letter(s) must

• be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
  • include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
  • include your name
  • list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
  • include, for each current bank and investment account, the
    • account numbers
    • date each account was opened
    • current balance of each account
    • average balance for the past 6 months
Source - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
it's frustrating to wait and wait though hahah I will try to call on Friday if there's no update yet. I don't know which VO my application is at. I'm hoping to get a good news soon as my pgwp is expiring in April of 2020. I hope it won't take that long. Anyway, good luck to us! :)
You probably process in Sydney CIO for CEC but call to ask

Hksandy

Nov 8, 2019
Hi all, my AoR is 7may 2019 and my vo is new delhi. On 7th Nov, I received the request for rprf which I paid the same day. I raised a webform last week and have been informed that "the 1) officer is verifying eligibility requirements and 2) background check is currently valid." Does this means that my background check is passed? Also, I was under the impression that rprf fee is requested when eligibility requirements are met . Is it not the case? And finally plz pour in your views on how long my application will take to process. P.S my medical, biometric are passed and after paying rprf my account says that no further docs are needed. Thanks so much

Reactions: Pretty.Pink

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I think things look good if they requested that you pay the RPRF on your application's 6 months date.

I think they're probably close to finalising your application but don't want to mark it completed until they finish all the procedures.

]

Reactions: Hksandy

cooc38

Nov 17, 2019
Just called IRCC today. Eligibility recommended pass. Background in process and security not started yet. What is that supposed to mean? Vancouver is my VO.

BTW, the agent is soooooo nice.

Mahal03

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Just called IRCC today. Eligibility recommended pass. Background in process and security not started yet. What is that supposed to mean? Vancouver is my VO.

BTW, the agent is soooooo nice.
Even I called IRCC today finally after 3 days struggle...same was informed to me Criminality passed... Background in process and my VO is Sydney... the agent said as it's 6 months passed he forwarded my case to the visa office to expedite the process within days will get the communication..so he told to wait...

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Even I called IRCC today finally after 3 days struggle...same was informed to me Criminality passed... Background in process and my VO is Sydney... the agent said as it's 6 months passed he forwarded my case to the visa office to expedite the process within days will get the communication..so he told to wait...

What did you ask exactly so the agent will forward your case to the visa office? I am also Sydney VO but agent just said in progress

Mahal03

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Here is what IRCC has to say -

What we accept as proof
Funds must be readily available to you. For example, you can't use equity on real property as proof of settlement funds.

You also can’t borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they aren’t coming with you).

If your spouse is coming with you, you can count money you have together in a joint account. You may be able to count money in an account under their name only, but you must prove you have access to the money.

The funds must be available both when you apply and when (if) we issue you a permanent resident visa. You must prove to an immigration officer that you can legally access the money to use here when you arrive.

For proof, you must get official letters from any banks or financial institutions where you’re keeping money.

Letter(s) must

• be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
  • include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
  • include your name
  • list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
  • include, for each current bank and investment account, the
    • account numbers
    • date each account was opened
    • current balance of each account
    • average balance for the past 6 months
Source - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html
I have few credit cards and a personal loan but I haven't mentioned those...and the FD which i have shown as proof of funds.dnt have any credit cards or loan related to that particular bank and many of the ppl who I have got PPR'S and who landed in Canada..they too have the debts and loans etc...but they didn't disclosed that information and neither got any requests of ADR also...please anyone give inputs on my issue