+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

priya_98

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hi,

These days when we call cic customer call centre and enquire about if they can check the status, they simply say that they cannot check it. Earlier i remember they used to check it. Is it something recently changed? has anyone experienced before?

Regards

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
sjakub said:
It is a script, so you can see exactly what it is doing.

But I don't care if you or anybody else uses it or not. I wrote it for myself and I am simply offering to share it.

Use that app if it works for you, it is not an option that I am happy with.
I was just kidding/teasing, friend. It's actually very nice of you to offer us this tool. I imagine it will only work on Linux based platforms, right?

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bigudi said:
I was just kidding/teasing, friend. It's actually very nice of you to offer us this tool.

Bigudi said:
I imagine it will only work on Linux based platforms, right?
It is a bash script, so you need bash, and a few other little tools: curl, grep, cut, sed, (g)awk.

I think it should be possible to get it running on Windows (since there are Windows versions of all of those tools),
but I haven't looked into that yet.

hvakili

Oct 28, 2015
I applied using old rules despite I was 15 days short. Anybody here that has done the same and their case has gone further than the "in process" status?

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

What do you guys think about getting rid of the 'courier' and 'received by' columns?
I don't think they are useful anymore (and also someone cleared some of them...).

On the other hand, the local office may be more useful.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
sjakub said:
Hi,

What do you guys think about getting rid of the 'courier' and 'received by' columns?
I don't think they are useful anymore (and also someone cleared some of them...).

On the other hand, the local office may be more useful.
The local office is a must. Toronto has 3 local offices. Even though Scarborough is taking the most files. St Clair office and Mississauga office are doing a lot as well
The courier and recived by is not relevant any more.
My opinion only
And let me thank you for creating and maintaining the tracker.
ari

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aaaand I am orange now :)

I just got a regular letter with an invitation to the Oath Ceremony!

I haven't gotten any e-mails about it, and the last entry in ECAS is the test invitation (and it still says "Decision Made").

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
sjakub said:

I haven't gotten any e-mails about it, and the last entry in ECAS is the test invitation (and it still says "Decision Made").
Wowo A day after you created your script, you got your letter (-: Congratulationssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Amazing great news for the fresh morning,
For the grace of GOD one more May applicant Our Member and friend "omonyja" got his oath invite.
may 2015 is moving.
Montreal is flying fast.

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Woot congrats! And nice nice Montreal is fast for oath and I guess Kitchener too :)
Scarborough is not fast but normal :/ Hopefully we'll hear by late Nov or early December.

sjakub said:

nope

Oct 3, 2015
hvakili said:
I applied using old rules despite I was 15 days short. Anybody here that has done the same and their case has gone further than the "in process" status?
I had my interview last week (15 days over, not under) -- my passport was missing some stamps, so they are requesting my CBSA record, and said it shouldn't be a problem as long as I hadn't made any big mistakes; the officer told me that if I did turn out to be under, then I had two choices:

1) withdraw my application and reapply when eligible
2) see a citizenship judge

I'd assume that at some point you'll be given that choice.

FutureCanadian

Star Member
Jul 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to all getting test and oath dates.

Mississauga is, I believe, the slowest moving CIC office. No movement at all for May Mississauga applicants. I guess CIC is still dealing with Feb and March Mississauga applicants. It will take a while for them to reach May cases.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
sjakub said:

Uhuuuuuuuuu!!!!!
we have similar timeliness (completely different offices, though). I hop e my process is as fast and smooth as yours.
Congratulations!