+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pl840502 said:
Thank you Munchenxx! I'm still not home yet and won't be until the 3rd so I can't tell you if i have a mail waiting for me in the mailbox. But I haven't received any email regarding this yet and I received my test invite via physical mail, so it's very likely it'll be physical mail this time as well. Cheers!
So you have not received any paper mail or email...
Then how do you know there is an oath invitation to you? via eCAS?
Thanks again:)

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
Bigudi said:
This was my experience. I will copy here.

I arrived one hour earlier (downtown Montreal). Waited until the time of my test (9:15am) and a person invited us to form a line with the test invitation letter in hands.
We got into a classroom. We were about 60 people. We listened to the test instructions.
I asked if there would be any changes because of the recent elections and they answered that this current information will not be asked in the test.
When I see the questions I realized I was WAY overly prepared. I really studied a lot and made several quizzes. I finished the test in 10 minutes because I re-checked my answers twice. I am a man who panics a lot. And when I panic, I make stupid mistakes. So I took my sweet time to make sure I made no mistakes.
After that I moved to a different room.

It was a big room with many chairs. Everybody who finishes the test went to that room. In front of that room there were 4 big desks, each with a CO. They would call names and people would go for their interview. Nothing private. Everything very open and clear.
Some people to 1 or 2 minutes. Some people took 10 or 15. I guess it depends on how complicated is your case.

When the CO called me, he asked only for these documents: my Ids, my PR card, my passports and my landing confirmation.
He was very nice all the time. He informed me that I scored 20/20 in the test and congratulated me. He checked my Ids, told me to hold to the landing confirmation for the rest of my life being a Canadian or not and moved to very simples questions. What’s your date of birth? What’s your address? What’s your job? Very politely all the time.
I have two missing stamps on my passport. Never asked. I have a 10 month period unemployed. Never asked.

After I finished he said I should wait between 2 to 4 month for the convocation for the oath. I directly asked if I had passed the interview and he said: “Yes, of course. Yours is a very simple case”.

I thanked him, wished the best and left.

And that’s it. Now we play the waiting game... again.
Thanks for the thorough replay :) Good to hear that everything went well. I will see how my interview will be (I have a bit of travels) and let's hope for the best...

ergh14

Oct 27, 2011
how do you guys know the DM date? I check mine online and it only says DM, i.e. if you click the link it will only show you four lines in it. saw a couple of you guys have the same issue, appreciate if you can let me know so that i can update the w/s. thanks!

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ergh14 said:
how do you guys know the DM date? I check mine online and it only says DM, i.e. if you click the link it will only show you four lines in it. saw a couple of you guys have the same issue, appreciate if you can let me know so that i can update the w/s. thanks!
It never says when it has been made. Just use the date when you first noticed it :)

arashmann

Jul 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I PASSED MY TEST TODAY(18/20). IT WAS IN EDMONTON (CANADA PLACE).
FOR THE TEST, MAKE SURE YOU READ BOOK AT LEAST TWICE AND PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO SMALL DETAILS WITH PICTURES ON SIDE OF THE PAGES. DO NOT COMPLETELY RELY ON ONLINE QUIZ'S.

INTERVIEW WAS SIMPLE AND STRAIGHT FORWARD. ASKED FOR MY PASSPORT, ID'S, P R CARD, LANDING PAPER. LITTLE BIT ABOUT MY CURRENT JOB. MADE ME SIGN 2 DOCUMENTS(MAINLY SAYING I DIDN'T HIDE ANYTHING FROM IMMIGRATION), CHECKED STAMPS ON MY PASSPORT.
TOLD ME TO WAIT 2-3 MONTHS FOR OATH CEREMONY......

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At least read the whole book once then watch this videos to help you refresh what you read, you can scan through the book while watching that's what I did, and lastly do a lot of practice test like from v-soul. I bought an account from citizenship support.ca but I don't think you need to, v-soul is enough and of course reading the book, very important.

The test itself is easy but take your time to thoroughly understand the questions and don't forget to check your answers at least once before submitting it. You have 30mins to do your test. Good luck everyone!!

Book: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/read.asp
Lecture: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvgaZIzIgbIfOmA09P7tfz5fjrrUtl4lf
Practice test: http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
arashmann said:
I PASSED MY TEST TODAY(18/20). IT WAS IN EDMONTON (CANADA PLACE).
FOR THE TEST, MAKE SURE YOU READ BOOK AT LEAST TWICE AND PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO SMALL DETAILS WITH PICTURES ON SIDE OF THE PAGES. DO NOT COMPLETELY RELY ON ONLINE QUIZ'S.

INTERVIEW WAS SIMPLE AND STRAIGHT FORWARD. ASKED FOR MY PASSPORT, ID'S, P R CARD, LANDING PAPER. LITTLE BIT ABOUT MY CURRENT JOB. MADE ME SIGN 2 DOCUMENTS(MAINLY SAYING I DIDN'T HIDE ANYTHING FROM IMMIGRATION), CHECKED STAMPS ON MY PASSPORT.
TOLD ME TO WAIT 2-3 MONTHS FOR OATH CEREMONY......
Congratulation I couldn't see your timeline on the excel sheet.would you please share your timeline with us?
I am also Edmonton applicant

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
ergh14 said:
Mine updated on September 22nd which is when I noticed the change, but when I received ATIP (out of curiosity, there was no need for me to order it), I saw that the decision was made on the 21st.

Everybody else puts the date that they noticed it, as sjakub pointed out.

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
MiriamT said:
Mine updated on September 22nd which is when I noticed the change, but when I received ATIP (out of curiosity, there was no need for me to order it), I saw that the decision was made on the 21st.

Miriam! What does the ATIP say re your application? Approved? Does it say that your application was put in a que for oath. I recently applied for ATIP. How long did it take to process your application

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
ahm2299 said:
Miriam! What does the ATIP say re your application? Approved? Does it say that your application was put in a que for oath. I recently applied for ATIP. How long did it take to process your application
My oath procedures have not been started yet, which I expected since the wait times in Vancouver are an average of 3-5 months (and my test was just over a month ago), although the Citizenship Officer interviewing me said 2 months (which I didn't take to heart).

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
But yes, I did pass all the stages and clearances, and have been approved, CIC has no concerns in regards to me or my application. I only need to have my oath scheduled now.

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
MiriamT said:
But yes, I did pass all the stages and clearances, and have been approved, CIC has no concerns in regards to me or my application. I only need to have my oath scheduled now.
This does not answer my question, my question is regarding ATIP. Does it say that you were approved. All we know is decision made which can go either way. How long did it take to get the ATIP results?

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
MiriamT said:

Myriam, out of curiosity, how long after the test you did order your ATIP ? Did you wait for the decision made before ? (Planning on doing the same after my test).

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Babi22 said:
Myriam, out of curiosity, how long after the test you did order your ATIP ? Did you wait for the decision made before ? (Planning on doing the same after my test).
Hi Bubi, I requested it one day after seeing Decision Made. If you order it this early, you probably won't see anything in regards to oath date.