+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2013 Applications (Citizenship)

jsamiraziz

Aug 20, 2013
farrous13 said:
He was very active on this forum. Suddenly the tables stopped updating. If I have some time tonight I will update the table and get this thread moving. :)
The tracking sheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akzv3wbw3-m3dGZWMUYzTnFjakktU0lRdkpQVWZzTHc&usp=drive_web#gid=0 is being updated regularly by me and the may applicants. Appears to be up to date to me.

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all

Today i received my Oath notification in mail to attend the Oath on 11th Mar 2014 at Scarborough CIC office.

Very happy to inform all those people who helped me in this process to reach here today.

I hope rest of Scarbarians will get their Oath notification soon in the mail.

Randy

Reema1

Feb 3, 2014
My brother who is a Canadian Citizen and daughter born in Pakistan, Islamabad.
he went to apply for her canadian citizenship certificate and found out that the passport will not be issued until he receives the citizenship card for the baby.
Every consulate has different rules. we cant force the consulate to issue a passport to a baby when the citizenship card is still in process? This is Wired !

they have plans of visiting canada this june. But there isnt any valid reason they can tell the consulate to push for the temporary passport

what is the next step?

harvie

Sep 27, 2012
BRAMPTON
LANDED..........
on 1 Nov 2013
Reema1 said:
My brother who is a Canadian Citizen and daughter born in Pakistan, Islamabad.
he went to apply for her canadian citizenship certificate and found out that the passport will not be issued until he receives the citizenship card for the baby.
Every consulate has different rules. we cant force the consulate to issue a passport to a baby when the citizenship card is still in process? This is Wired !
they have plans of visiting canada this june. But there isnt any valid reason they can tell the consulate to push for the temporary passport

what is the next step?
this same thing happened to one of my friend.he is Canadian citizen but his daughter was born in india. what they did after applied for citizenship certificate they applied Indian passport for his daughter and then applied for Canadian visa which is called facilitation visa at new delhi consulate of canada. this is special visa for such purpose. now the child is living with father in canada and waiting for her canadian citizenship certificate. once she got her certificate they apply for canadian passport. you can contact your consulate about facilitation visa.all the best

Stork1

Oct 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qwerton said:
haha
never left canada ,received RQ ,no oath
Hi, qwerton
What documents did you submit with your application? Regular ones or did you submit anything extra like T4 forms, employment contracts, etc?
How many days did you apply with?
Thanks

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called the CIC today to ask for an email (they mentioned to send an email if I have any questions in regards to my GCMS report: atip-aiprp AT cic.gc.ca).

Anyhow, finally they admitted that some cases are much faster than others. The agent was super nice and acknowledged everything I said.

She could not give me a reason why there is a variation in the timelines.

Just wanted to update you guys!

Hope311

Mar 3, 2014
Hi farrous13,

Glad to see that the call center agent was nice was you , i just called and they did not like to check my status at all

why is that , what to do to encourage them to check the status ?

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Randypandy said:
Hi all

Today i received my Oath notification in mail to attend the Oath on 11th Mar 2014 at Scarborough CIC office.

Very happy to inform all those people who helped me in this process to reach here today.

I hope rest of Scarbarians will get their Oath notification soon in the mail.

Randy
Congrats Randy!! All the best in your new life as a Canadian!

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Kanyadian !

hope soon your oath notification show up in your mail.

Randy

kenyadian said:
Congrats Randy!! All the best in your new life as a Canadian!

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I assume you're nice to them. But let's say an agent was hard headed and wouldn't look into your file, just thank him/her and call back again the next day.

When I call, I ask how is the agent doing and then I say "I need to know the status of my application". The agent will go with some verification questions. I don't add any comments. I just wait for the agent to get back to me with some info. Most of the time they will put you on hold so that they can check the status and the latest updates. It would help if you have specific questions like "has my file been transferred to the local office" or "has my background verifications been completed"...etc.

They are just human. So some are lazy and some are very helpful.

Hope that helps.

Hope311 said:
Hi farrous13,

Glad to see that the call center agent was nice was you , i just called and they did not like to check my status at all

why is that , what to do to encourage them to check the status ?