MAY 2013 Applications (Citizenship)

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Folks,

Just did my test, got 100%. Met the officer reviewing my RQ documents. She was really nice and told me that my file was very thorough and had all the material they were looking for. She told me that she was happy with my file and would be passing it to a Judge to review. Oath information would come in a short time - around 4 months but no guarantees.

Good luck to everyone who is doing the test soon. Just make sure you do as many practice questions as possible. Get as many apps/online tests as possible to practice.

I am here if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Kenyadian

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Job kenyadian on the test result. Keep us updated and hope you get your oath soon :)

kenyadian said:
Folks,

Just did my test, got 100%. Met the officer reviewing my RQ documents. She was really nice and told me that my file was very thorough and had all the material they were looking for. She told me that she was happy with my file and would be passing it to a Judge to review. Oath information would come in a short time - around 4 months but no guarantees.

Good luck to everyone who is doing the test soon. Just make sure you do as many practice questions as possible. Get as many apps/online tests as possible to practice.

Thanks,

Kenyadian

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
kenyadian said:
Folks,

Thanks,

Kenyadian
Congratulations Kenyadian.

Has she asked you about your passport stamps? did you have all or something was missing? did you need to translate them?

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrbravo said:
Congratulations Kenyadian.

Has she asked you about your passport stamps? did you have all or something was missing? did you need to translate them?
I traveled A LOT for work in my first year as a PR, so I had my employer send a letter for me to explain my absences/travel. I had stamps in my PP from China, HK, UAE, Bahrain etc - but none were missing or required translation. As long as you have supporting documentation to explain your absences, you should be fine. She even said you traveled a lot but everything is explained well.

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
Good Job kenyadian on the test result. Keep us updated and hope you get your oath soon :)
Thanks Farrous - hopefully I'll get the letter sooner rather than later.

FYI to everyone there - make sure you get there at least 15 minutes before the time on the test invite. Also, the officer I met with told me they take 180 applicants per day through the testing. I happened to be lucky # 180.

Best of luck everyone.

winnipegger

Aug 31, 2013
My god you guys, wow! I thought i will take a break for a year before i check in again assuming there will be no activity but am i pleasantly surprised! What's up with Ontario-they are on a roll.

Okay here is my update (or lack of it)
Application received: May 28, 2013
Letter of acknowledgement: May 28, 2013
Started processing: Aug 17, 2013
The End!

We have one hygienist whose application took three years and she still has to write the exam. I guess Winnipeg gets sidelined or what!

I am sure i will get RQ because after getting my PR i went to study in USA for three years... so in my application for citizenship i was out of country for the first almost-whole year... but now settled in Winnipeg ever since as a practicing dentist ( One would assume that they would want to make me a citizen without hassle because my wife and three kids are all born and raised here and i am a licensed practitioner here) Let's see!

srini123

Feb 24, 2014
Hi All,

All along I was a silent spectator on this forum. I would like to share my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 27, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 27, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on August 19, 2013.

We sent you a notice on January 28, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 11, 2014 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on February 20, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 11, 2014 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I live in Moncton, NB and from this January onwards, CIC is processing applications at a faster pace and conducting exams at Fredericton twice a week ( on Tuesdays and Thursdays).

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great news Srini123.

Congrats on your Oath request.

Randy

srini123 said:
Hi All,

All along I was a silent spectator on this forum. I would like to share my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 27, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 27, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on January 28, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 11, 2014 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on February 20, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 11, 2014 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I live in Moncton, NB and from this January onwards, CIC is processing applications at a faster pace and conducting exams at Fredericton twice a week ( on Tuesdays and Thursdays).

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
srini123 said:
Hi All,

Congratulations!

Great news Srini123. This is the first I hear some news about the processing of an Atlantic Province. It is all about Ontario and Quebec most of the time.

how did your interview go?