+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2013 Applications (Citizenship)

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
I assume you're nice to them. But let's say an agent was hard headed and wouldn't look into your file, just thank him/her and call back again the next day.

When I call, I ask how is the agent doing and then I say "I need to know the status of my application". The agent will go with some verification questions. I don't add any comments. I just wait for the agent to get back to me with some info. Most of the time they will put you on hold so that they can check the status and the latest updates. It would help if you have specific questions like "has my file been transferred to the local office" or "has my background verifications been completed"...etc.

They are just human. So some are lazy and some are very helpful.

Hope that helps.
Hey there Farrous!

Any news about your file ?

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ramsfe! Hope all is well.

Nothing from my side. As per the agent "your file is good and nothing is needed from your side. You are in queue to be invited for the test" So my file is collecting dust. It will be close to 2 months since my file has been transferred to the local office. While others (in Montreal) have been invited to take the test just after 1 month of transfer. I don't know what the CIC-MTL is doing with my file. It would hit me hard if they send me a RQ post or pre test. But I am looking forward for Spring and eventually Summer which will keep my mind off this situation :D

You ramsfe? Any news?

ramsfe said:
Hey there Farrous!

Any news about your file ?

Hope311

Mar 3, 2014
Thanks farrous13

Thanks i have done it and it worked out differently depend on the agent

I feel what you feel with waiting , wish our wait ends soon my dear

keep in touch and let us see

srini123

Feb 24, 2014
Hi all,

Yesterday I took oath, which was held at 58 Festival St, Shediac (NB) and became Canadian Citizen. Arrived at Shediac Multipurpose stadium around 12 PM and got registered at one of the 5 tables which were arranged specifically for the members according to their seating numbers. The CIC officer at one of the tables took away my PR Card and stamped my COPR (" The person is no longer a permanent resident"). He also asked me to sign at 2 different places on a form after reading it, which basically states that I will abide by the oath of citizenship. 237 persons who passed the CIC exam ( Jan 2 - Feb 13) took oath and became canadian citizens at yesterday's oath ceremony. The county clerk asked us to submit our passport applications only on March 19.

srini123

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats srini!

srini123 said:
Hi all,

Yesterday I took oath, which was held at 58 Festival St, Shediac (NB) and became Canadian Citizen. Arrived at Shediac Multipurpose stadium around 12 PM and got registered at one of the 5 tables which were arranged specifically for the members according to their seating numbers. The CIC officer at one of the tables took away my PR Card and stamped my COPR (" The person is no longer a permanent resident"). He also asked me to sign at 2 different places on a form after reading it, which basically states that I will abide by the oath of citizenship. 237 persons who passed the CIC exam ( Jan 2 - Feb 13) took oath and became canadian citizens at yesterday's oath ceremony. The county clerk asked us to submit our passport applications only on March 19.

srini123

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Yesterday I took my citizenship oath, held at Scarbaria CIC office and became Canadian Citizen. Over all it went very smooth and nice cermony. 120 people were attended for Oath and became canadian citizens at yesterday's oath ceremony. All the Best for the rest of the May 2013 Applicants.

Randy

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Randypandy said:
Hi all,

Yesterday I took my citizenship oath, held at Scarbaria CIC office and became Canadian Citizen. Over all it went very smooth and nice cermony. 120 people were attended for Oath and became canadian citizens at yesterday's oath ceremony. All the Best for the rest of the May 2013 Applicants.

Randy
Congrats, Randy!

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Randypandy said:
Hi all,

Randy
Randy congrats!

zain shah

Mar 14, 2014
Re: april 2013 Applications (Citizenship)

hei ! i have canadian permanet card..i applied for canadian citizenship grant of citizenhip on 19 september 2011. they started procssing our application on 15 march , 2012. i have given the written test on 19 april 2013 in scaroborugh town center. i havenot got any response. i want to know why they have taken that much time n if i have failed the test . are they goona ask me to retake test.. kindly relpy

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: april 2013 Applications (Citizenship)

zain shah said:
hei ! i have canadian permanet card..i applied for canadian citizenship grant of citizenhip on 19 september 2011. they started procssing our application on 15 march , 2012. i have given the written test on 19 april 2013 in scaroborugh town center. i havenot got any response. i want to know why they have taken that much time n if i have failed the test . are they goona ask me to retake test.. kindly relpy
Zain shah, I don't want to deviate from the main topic of the thread, but have you tried calling the CIC? I am surprised that you waited that long to raise a flag. Usually it takes 2 to 4 months to be scheduled for the oath (unless God forbid you failed the exam).
Did you pass the test? If you have no idea, ask the CIC agent. Besides you can always order your GCMS notes. I believe you should act right away. It's been almost 11 months!

Open a new thread so it can help others who are in the same situation. Keep this one for May 2013. Update us!

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srini123 said:
Hi all,

srini123
CONGRATS!!! AMAZING NEWS!

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Randypandy said:
Hi all,

Randy
CONGRATS RANDY! GREAT NEWS!