Marriage-Post PPR/COPR and Before Landing

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for info.. Just last question, if I select my wife as non accompanying, and submit all her docs. how much time will it take for my updated CoPR.
Whether she is accompanying or not, it will take them same amount of time, which is at least a few months.

ashwinkala

Feb 4, 2017
Two options you have:

If you want sponsor your wife from within Canada, you have to land first, become a PR, return to your home country and then get married. And then you can start the sponsorship process (this can take up to a year from the moment you submit an application for sponsorship).

If you get married before you land in Canada you MUST inform CIC and submit documents and forms for your wife (regardless whether she will accompanying you in Canada or not). After they process your spouse you both will get PR visas. This will likely take between 1-3 months from the moment of submission of additional documentation.
Thanks for this information. I was looking exactly for a post like this and I have a similar timeline.

Any word on the additional documents that are required? Are these the same documents I submitted for the PR - PCC, WES, Roles and Resp letters? I understand Meds are required. I am just trying to gauge the time required to gather the documents for the spouse.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thanks for this information. I was looking exactly for a post like this and I have a similar timeline.

Any word on the additional documents that are required? Are these the same documents I submitted for the PR - PCC, WES, Roles and Resp letters? I understand Meds are required. I am just trying to gauge the time required to gather the documents for the spouse.
meds and pccs

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Are these the only 2 documents required or what about language test results and WES?
Your spouse is not required to do a language test or submit a WES report. When you inform the VO of the marriage, they will give you a list of what to submit.

Darko986

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Macedonia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017
Are these the only 2 documents required or what about language test results and WES?
CIC Forms, PCC, Meds, marriage and birth certificate, POF (depends on visa office), wedding pictures and other proofs (depends on visa office).
WES, IELTS, Work experience for spouse are not required.

Reactions: dark_horizon

can_27

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Guys, please suggest - should I get my going to be life partner's India pcc before marriage or it should only be after informing cic about marriage?

Darko986

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Macedonia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017
Guys, please suggest - should I get my going to be life partner's India pcc before marriage or it should only be after informing cic about marriage?
Get the PCC before marriage. No harm, you will have it ready when they ask for it.

Reactions: can_27

can_27

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Get the PCC before marriage. No harm, you will have it ready when they ask for it.
please clarify:

a. if I can get both the Indian PCC and Medicals done before marriage for my would-be wife/fiancee?

b. PCC can be done even as her marital status is single at the moment and I will be married in December first week and it will be at her current address and not the address that she will have after marriage(i.e. my home)?

c. what category I should choose in case of wife medicals, for me it was Non EDE/Worker?

Darko986

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Macedonia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017
please clarify:

a. if I can get both the Indian PCC and Medicals done before marriage for my would-be wife/fiancee?

b. PCC can be done even as her marital status is single at the moment and I will be married in December first week and it will be at her current address and not the address that she will have after marriage(i.e. my home)?

c. what category I should choose in case of wife medicals, for me it was Non EDE/Worker?
a. Yes you can do both of them before marriage. PCCs from her residential place needs to be NO older than six months.
b. This is not an issue. At the moment she is issued the PCC she was living at her own place. SImple
c. Not sure about that as I my wife didn't go for upfront medical and waited for CIC instructons for medical. Maybe you can check with the doctor directly.

Reactions: can_27

ashwinkala

Feb 4, 2017
Whether she is accompanying or not, it will take them same amount of time, which is at least a few months.
So my current situation stands a bit different.

I already have CoPR and my landing date should be before 30 March 2018.
Secondly, I HAVE to fly and join my work on or before 1 February 2018. So I cannot negotiate on that and cannot land later than this date.

Can I get married, inform CIC about the change in family structure, get my spouse's app process started by including her in my application and leave for Canada. Assuming the process continues in parallel and she can join me as soon as her PR is processed too?

OR we both will have to be processed together undergoing a revision of landing dates and a new CoPR for both of us?

Please shed some light.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So my current situation stands a bit different.

I already have CoPR and my landing date should be before 30 March 2018.
Secondly, I HAVE to fly and join my work on or before 1 February 2018. So I cannot negotiate on that and cannot land later than this date.

Can I get married, inform CIC about the change in family structure, get my spouse's app process started by including her in my application and leave for Canada. Assuming the process continues in parallel and she can join me as soon as her PR is processed too?

OR we both will have to be processed together undergoing a revision of landing dates and a new CoPR for both of us?

Please shed some light.
No different. If you marry before landing, you must return your documents and add your spouse. There is no "parallel processing"; if you land on your current COPR while married, you will never be able to sponsor your spouse.

Dec 7, 2017
I have queries and suggestions required regarding marriage post PPR

Below are my details:

PPR - July 2017

PP Expiry - March 2018

I understand I have two options to include spouse post PPR

1. Before Landing
  • In this case since I will get married post PPR and before landing I will have to raise CSE and inform CIC about the change in status.
  • In this case my current PR will be on hold and I will have to submit back the COPR.
  • I understand this way it might affect my PR and might be questionable about getting married at this stage.
2. After Landing

• In this case I am planning to go to Canada in November 2017 for a so called "Soft Landing". Come back after 10-15 days to India.
  • Meanwhile in Canada, I give address of my maternal uncle in Alberta where I can get the PR card and he could courier me back in India to again enter the country later.
  • I get married in India after coming back soon by means of Court Marriage and get the required documents.
  • I fly back to Canada again in Feb 2018 (I have already booked my one-way tickets)
  • After I reach Canada I start with the Spousal Sponsorship process for my spouse as soon as possible.
  • Wait for the output of the sponsorship application
I kindly request members to have a look on above understanding of mine and suggest me if this is a better way to approach the situation to secure both PR and even get married.

Below are the few queries I have in my mind based on the above description

1. Is option 1 advisable. If so why and for what reasons should it be considered?
  2. Is option 2 advisable. If so why and for what reasons should it be considered?
  3. What are the things I have to take care in case of Soft Landing in Canada? Is there a requirement to stay in Canada the first time I enter the country for say X no. of days or so?
  4. In case of Soft Landing what are the things I should definitely try to complete in the short duration. I understand SIN is one of the things, what apart from that should I target to finish.
  5. Is it fine to get the PR card couriered by my relative to me in India
  6. Is it fine if after coming back to India after soft landing I immediately get married, this could not be questionable?
  7. In case of court marriage, only those papers or enough or do I need to do a big wedding ceremony to have pictures as proof of marriage.
  8. What are the pre-requisites for applying for Spousal Sponsorship apart from marriage?

I am very grateful to those who put the effort to read about my situation and guide me with my queries.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
I'm in a similar situation. Can you please share your contact number on singhjaspreet.ubs@gmail.com, need your advise , which route u took??

CANPRI

Apr 17, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I got my PPR yesterday and hoping to get COPR by December end.

My BF has submitted his application. (we both have applied as single).

Assuming that even his copr comes by Feb or March 2018 and we get married by June 2018, how do we intimate CIC of this change?

It will be 2 COPR holders getting married and not adding to application.

Please please let me know what can be done.

PS Due to some constraints we cannot do a soft landing... :(

can_27

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
hi friends please help :

I am getting married post PPR and am going to add my wife to my application before I will make landing in Canada. So my question is, do I need to obtain PCC for myself again as well? as my earlier PCC was in May i.e. more than 6 months back or I only need PCC documents for my wife?