Apr 17, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
@BreakingBad @canuck_in_uk @Escobar Gaviria - Please advice

I got my PPR yesterday and hoping to get COPR by December end.

My BF has submitted his application. (we both have applied as single).

Assuming that even his copr comes by Feb or March 2018 and we get married by June 2018, how do we intimate CIC of this change?

It will be 2 COPR holders getting married and not adding to application.

Please please let me know what can be done.

PS Due to some constraints we cannot do a soft landing... :(

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I got my PPR yesterday and hoping to get COPR by December end.

My BF has submitted his application. (we both have applied as single).

Assuming that even his copr comes by Feb or March 2018 and we get married by June 2018, how do we intimate CIC of this change?

It will be 2 COPR holders getting married and not adding to application.

Please please let me know what can be done.

PS Due to some constraints we cannot do a soft landing... :(
If either of you get married before landing as PRs, you must add your spouse to your app. Not doing so is misrepresentation.

CANPRI

Apr 17, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
If either of you get married before landing as PRs, you must add your spouse to your app. Not doing so is misrepresentation.
I meant we both are holding coprs. It's not a case that one has the pr and is adding the other one to the application. He has gone through the entire bgc and verification process on his own.

Is it the same process even in this case?

We will intimate cic pre and post the wedding... but my question is, is there any such case where 2 copr holders are getting married and how to go about informing cic?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I meant we both are holding coprs. It's not a case that one has the pr and is adding the other one to the application. He has gone through the entire bgc and verification process on his own.

We will intimate cic pre and post the wedding... but my question is, is there any such case where 2 copr holders are getting married and how to go about informing cic?
Again, if you marry before landing as PRs, you must add your spouse to your app.

Reactions: CANPRI

Aijuly

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
July 2016
AOR Received.
November
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
Oct 10
Med's Done....
Oct 11
Passport Req..
Not yet

smart_eagle

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018

Not an expert, but if you are both COPRs then just get married in Canada and avoid all these complications. Have a ceremony in your home country later. Why complicate life?

Reactions: iamxty

CANPRI

Apr 17, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Not an expert, but if you are both COPRs then just get married in Canada and avoid all these complications. Have a ceremony in your home country later. Why complicate life?
I am 90% convinced to do this only... learning about everyone's timelines for adding spouse, this seems like the best option. Thanks @smart_eagle

momemon

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Again, if you marry before landing as PRs, you must add your spouse to your app.
I am in Canada on a work permit and have a PPR request now. I plan to get married in 6 weeks outside of Canada and return right after for work. Can I not get the CoPR now, go out, marry and land individually? What is advisable? Does my current work visa get void upon CoPR? I’d really appreciate the advice.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am in Canada on a work permit and have a PPR request now. I plan to get married in 6 weeks outside of Canada and return right after for work. Can I not get the CoPR now, go out, marry and land individually? What is advisable? Does my current work visa get void upon CoPR? I’d really appreciate the advice.
If you get married and land without adding your spouse to your app, you will be committing misrepresentation and it will result in your spouse being forever excluded from the Family Class, meaning you could never sponsor her.

momemon

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
If you get married and land without adding your spouse to your app, you will be committing misrepresentation and it will result in your spouse being forever excluded from the Family Class, meaning you could never sponsor her.
What do you mean by adding spouse to the app.? I will inform the CIC about the change of my status as soon as it happens. Can I still not land in Canada to get back to my work?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
What do you mean by adding spouse to the app.? I will inform the CIC about the change of my status as soon as it happens. Can I still not land in Canada to get back to my work?
She needs to do a medical, submit PCCs, forms, documents etc. You will need to return your COPR and passport, as your "single" documents will no longer be valid. It will add several months of processing time.

Or get married after landing.

momemon

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
She needs to do a medical, submit PCCs, forms, documents etc. You will need to return your COPR and passport, as your "single" documents will no longer be valid. It will add several months of processing time.

Or get married after landing.
Got it. So basically I cannot return home and land. Can I still enter on my ‘now-valid’ work visa?