Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Mar,2017
AOR Received.
07 Apr,2017
File Transfer...
In Progress: 11 Apr, 2017
Adam24 said:
Sent application on 25th March. Was delivered on 28th. Just received AOR at 6:52 pm 6th April.
CONGRATS! Adam, would you mind please telling where did u apply from, I applied from Toronto and my application was also recvd on 28th mar.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
EddyIT said:
@Stef -- be careful that travelling while your application is in-process is a red flag for the "intention to reside" requirement. If you must leave by May 23rd, you need to inform IRCC well in advance and provide supporting documentation (health records etc). The "intention to reside" clause applies until the day you take the oath, and not until the test/interview date.

Best of luck
So you would suggest for me to inform them already at this stage before I even get the test invitation? I am hoping for luck to get the test date before my departure and should I see it is after my departure date only then contact them.

I fully understand the intention to reside, but carrying for one's elderly mother is part of being a good citizen.

Who would I have to contact, my local office or IRCC?

Many thanks for your help
Stef.

Adam24

Aug 23, 2011
nuz said:
CONGRATS! Adam, would you mind please telling where did u apply from, I applied from Toronto and my application was also recvd on 28th mar.
I applied from Toronto as well. Well North York to be specific.

I was able to check ecas in morning as well. It reads

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 28, 2017.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 6, 2017.

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EddyIT said:
@Stef -- be careful that travelling while your application is in-process is a red flag for the "intention to reside" requirement. If you must leave by May 23rd, you need to inform IRCC well in advance and provide supporting documentation (health records etc). The "intention to reside" clause applies until the day you take the oath, and not until the test/interview date.

Best of luck
That doesn't make sense. If my Citizenship Application is in process this means that I can't leave Canada to go on vacation ?! I doubt that this will jeopardize citizenship application.

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tameraq said:
That doesn't make sense. If my Citizenship Application is in process this means that I can't leave Canada to go on vacation ?! I doubt that this will jeopardize citizenship application.
@Tameraq @Stef..

Here is the official CIC website talking about this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/grant/residence/intention.asp

Here is the quote:

"For brevity, throughout this program delivery instruction, the term “intent to reside” will be used to refer to the intentions referred to in paragraphs 5(1)(c.1) and 11(1)(e) of the Act.

Subsection 5(1.1) of the Act states that for the purposes of paragraphs 5(1)(c.1) and 11(1)(e), the person’s intention must be continuous from the date of their application until they have taken the Oath of Citizenship.

Officers will be assessing the applicant’s intention if granted citizenship (i.e., what the applicant intends to do after becoming a citizen). Applicants must hold this intention to reside if granted citizenship from the time they sign their application to the time they take the Oath. The intent to reside is required to obtain citizenship but no longer applies once citizenship is granted. Once citizenship is granted, a citizen has the right to enter, remain in, and leave Canada as guaranteed by the Charter."

I would recommend being very very careful with this issue

mskade

Sep 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
13-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
06-03-2012
Passport Req..
02-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
02-03-2013
I just had time to log in today ;D and I just checked my ECAS too. So here's some update for my Timeline:

Sent application by courier from Saskatoon: March 21, 2017
Application Received: March 22, 2017
AOR: April 4, 2017 via email @ 6:42 a.m.
In Process: April 5, 2017.

I received another email today at around 10 a.m. just to inform me that they might contact me sooner than anticipated, so I have to be ready just in case for the test and oath taking, so I guess I need to start studying (I haven't even open the link yet ??? :eek:). But I am not complaining, that was pretty fast! ;D :D

nuz

Mar 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Mar,2017
AOR Received.
07 Apr,2017
File Transfer...
In Progress: 11 Apr, 2017
Goodmorning All! AOR received on 7th April

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mskade said:
I just had time to log in today ;D and I just checked my ECAS too. So here's some update for my Timeline:

I received another email today at around 10 a.m. just to inform me that they might contact me sooner than anticipated, so I have to be ready just in case for the test and oath taking, so I guess I need to start studying (I haven't even open the link yet ??? :eek:). But I am not complaining, that was pretty fast! ;D :D
Looks like your application was delivered in 1 day from Saskatoon to Sydney , which courier have you used ?

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Office: Toronto
Application sent: March 20, 2017
Application Delivered: March 22, 2017
AOR: March 31, 2017
Ecas update: April 4, 2017

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
EddyIT said:
@Tameraq @Stef..

Here is the official CIC website talking about this:...

Here is the quote:

"For brevity, throughout this program delivery instruction, the term “intent to reside” will be used to refer to the intentions referred to in paragraphs 5(1)(c.1) and 11(1)(e) of the Act.

Subsection 5(1.1) of the Act states that for the purposes of paragraphs 5(1)(c.1) and 11(1)(e), the person’s intention must be continuous from the date of their application until they have taken the Oath of Citizenship.

Officers will be assessing the applicant’s intention if granted citizenship (i.e., what the applicant intends to do after becoming a citizen). Applicants must hold this intention to reside if granted citizenship from the time they sign their application to the time they take the Oath. The intent to reside is required to obtain citizenship but no longer applies once citizenship is granted. Once citizenship is granted, a citizen has the right to enter, remain in, and leave Canada as guaranteed by the Charter."

Thanks for the explanation. I will see how it goes, but I do believe it really depends on the situation of each individual and how convincing this situation is that you intend to reside. My family is Canadian, husband born in Canada, kids are Canadians and are firmly established in Canada. Also I have been already 8 years resident in Canada and my in-laws are Canadians. I can't see how a trip abroad jeopardizes my application, particularly as I follow one of the good citizenship requirements: take responsibility for each other.
Nevertheless, I will be careful and if they do not send me an invitation for the test soon, then I might send them an email telling them about my trip.
Thanks again

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
mskade said:

is it possible from Saskatoon to Sydney just one day to delivered the parcel.

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EddyIT said:
@Tameraq @Stef..

Here is the quote:

Thanks for the explanation and the link Eddy. I understand your point that it is not worth it to leave while application is in process. but I already booked a flight to visit my folks while my application will be still in process. I get you that applicant must hold the intention to reside until he/she takes the oath, but if I go on my annual vacation for 3 weeks does that mean I have no intention to reside in Canada. if the officer asks me why did you leave for 3 weeks while your application was in process i will simply say that i went on my annual vacation. Can he say Oh this means that you do not intend to reside in Canada! It could happen I guess if i had to deal with a pain in the butt officer.

ace_420

Mar 22, 2017
APP sent: Mar 9, 2017.
APP Received By IRCC: Mar 13, 2017.
AOR Received in e-mail: Mar 23,2017.
IP: APR 4,2017.

My current Home address is correct in e-cas, in AOR its also showing correct as they address it to current home address, but in e-cas mailing address still showing the old one when I was sponsored for PR. I updated my mailing address in e-cas on Mar 23 right after i can see my application status in e-cas, still it was showing the old address. Then again I updated the mailing address last week in e-cas, after submitting it says it will take 15 days to change the address ( it showed the same first time when i updated it). Check back in 15 days. That means my job is done as I updated mailing address in e-cas twice and now its up to them to update in e-cas? Only thing I am concerned they should send all future communications by e-mail or to my current home address as they address correctly in AOR that i got by e-mail. Please advise what I need to do next?

hungvangg

Mar 12, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ace_420 said:
APP sent: Mar 9, 2017.
APP Received By IRCC: Mar 13, 2017.
AOR Received in e-mail: Mar 23,2017.
IP: APR 4,2017.

My current Home address is correct in e-cas, in AOR its also showing correct as they address it to current home address, but in e-cas mailing address still showing the old one when I was sponsored for PR. I updated my mailing address in e-cas on Mar 23 right after i can see my application status in e-cas, still it was showing the old address. Then again I updated the mailing address last week in e-cas, after submitting it says it will take 15 days to change the address ( it showed the same first time when i updated it). Check back in 15 days. That means my job is done as I updated mailing address in e-cas twice and now its up to them to update in e-cas? Only thing I am concerned they should send all future communications by e-mail or to my current home address as they address correctly in AOR that i got by e-mail. Please advise what I need to do next?
No worry, sir. I have the same situation with you, and I called the agent that they sent the AOR and other letters to my current address. Also, if you want to be sure, why not take call and ask which address they will send.