MARCH Applicant for citizenship March , 2017

canadavisa22

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fhaider said:
It's definitely fingerprints request.
Everybody is getting FP request with same status on ecas.
That might be what is slowing everyone down then. You went to IP in 5 days, I'm at 12 days and still waiting for IP (same office, similar type of application).

But, what makes you think it's everyone getting FP and not just specifically your application?

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadavisa22 said:
That might be what is slowing everyone down then. You went to IP in 5 days, I'm at 12 days and still waiting for IP (same office, similar type of application).

But, what makes you think it's everyone getting FP and not just specifically your application?
I'm not an expert to answer, why you are still waiting for your ecas status to change to IP but I've seen people going into process 6 weeks after receiving their AOR. On average it takes 7-12 days. These are the statistics I picked up from spreadsheet for last 3 months.

People with south Asian or middle eastern background most likely get their processing delayed due to extensive background checks and name matches. I've been going through other users timeline. Some of them got FP request after their interviews/test. I don't really know what's going on :(

reasonabledude

Nov 20, 2016
canadavisa22 said:
I'm at 12 days and still waiting for IP (same office, similar type of application).
You never know. People in the same office got IP in 3 days when mine took 24!
It will eventually happen, be patient. Based on my understanding, FP will be requested once your application is in process. So FP request shouldn't have anything to do with delay in IP.

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So what is the avrage time for AOR ? My applaication was delivered on 31 March ,

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zineb83 said:
So what is the avrage time for AOR ? My applaication was delivered on 31 March ,
According to Spread sheet the average time for AOR in March apps is 10 days. but that means nothing. some applications receive late AOR (more than 20 days) but then their application process goes faster than other applications that received AOR in 5 days. it depends on the applicant situation and the employee who is reviewing the application I guess.

canadavisa22

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reasonabledude said:
You never know. People in the same office got IP in 3 days when mine took 24!
It will eventually happen, be patient. Based on my understanding, FP will be requested once your application is in process. So FP request shouldn't have anything to do with delay in IP.
Oh, I'm not worried or being impatient. I meant that we have a similar application in terms of office and type and if his theory is that everyone is going through FP, then that might be a reason as to why the IPs have taken longer at the back end of March or why there's a lack of test invites so far this month.

When he said "everyone is getting FP" I thought there were a number of users getting that request. But, that looks like that's not necessarily the case. I don't think it's common to get an FP request is it? That's why I asked if there was some general rule change he was aware of or if it was just specific to his application.

With that being said, went IP late last night. Will keep the spreadsheet updated if I get an FP request.

reasonabledude

Nov 20, 2016
You know, what he said is his assumption for sure. As you see, you got your IP and FP request didn't have anything to do with delays in IP. You may be requested at a later stage. Even everything in your case be similar to him, how do you know your officers are the same as well?
Everything depend on the person who is dealing with your application. So, let's hope for the best that your application would go on smoothly.

I can understand with crazy stuff going on around the world at the time, there would be more digging and background check (FP as one means for it) for people with certain nationalities. But again, it is not for sure the case for everyone. If you look at spreadsheet for previous months, for those who has received FP request, timeline isn't much different. It is just important to do it right away to avoid delays. I have done it last year as job requirement and it was fast. Just adding more $$ to your case.

harpreetjohal

Star Member
Oct 4, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Calgary
App. Filed.......
march9
AOR Received.
March20
File Transfer...
In process march22
Med's Request
Fingerprints request April 13
harpreetjohal said:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 9, 2017.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 20, 2017.
We started processing your application on March 22, 2017.
We sent you correspondence on April 10, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 9, 2017.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 20, 2017.
We sent you correspondence on April 10, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required
Received fingerprint request on April 13

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harpreetjohal said:
Received fingerprint request on April 13
@Harpreetjohal -- please add your details to the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jSGX4QDMkXG_ROU0sbIFCMg_eL-gv-YZGVctgxojLYI/edit#gid=538581391

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Police clearance

Hey Guys!

Has anyone gotten any police clearance done from another country? I might need to get one from India for my application but I wanna make sure of the process and the time that would take. Any help or tips appreciated.
Thanks in advance :)

RH_Canada

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

status changed to (In Process) 13-April-2017 .. Xl sheet updated.