Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
No, March 2017. I still haven't heard anything from them and all I see on the website is "in Progress". I called them and they said that they are waiting for a background check but it's taking months.
It’s been over a year that’s is crazy if I where you I will call them every week maybe you would get an agent who would finally do something.

speedtex

Star Member
Apr 28, 2012
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 8, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 14, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on March 3, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 27, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 30, 2017 at 9:30AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on June 22, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 1, 2018 at 9:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of yourappointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on July 1, 2018.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 8, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 14, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 27, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 30, 2017 at 9:30AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on June 22, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 1, 2018 at 9:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of yourappointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Congratulation!!! Well deserved after a 1 1/2.

Reactions: speedtex

speedtex

Star Member
Apr 28, 2012
Congratulation!!! Well deserved after a 1 1/2.
Thanks @SpiceIsland. It was a long ride, but worth every minute, to wait for. Sometimes during the year, occassionally I'd totally forgotten I applied, because after my test, things went soo quiet.

The Ceremony was amazing, because it was Canada day. About 80 other applicants were there and the judge was super funny.

Reactions: SpiceIsland

HADA

Aug 15, 2018
Any reason why did they hold your application for more than a year after passing the test?

speedtex

Star Member
Apr 28, 2012
after a year did you contact CIC ? did they tell you why your application is still in IP ?
In March or April I think. I made 2 calls,. The girl at the call centre told me security clearance was not complete. So I went to talk with my MP. He told me the same thing. So I waited and in June I got the Oath letter. GCMS notes was not that helpful as I had no idea what all the codes means. I only understand In-Progress and awaiting clearance"

Last edited:

jameswood2

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
In March or April I think. I made 2 calls,. The girl at the call centre told me security clearance was not complete. So I went to talk with my MP. He told me the same thing. So I waited and in June I got the Oath letter. GCMS notes was not that helpful as I had no idea what all the codes means. I only understand In-Progress and awaiting clearance"
ok thank you, I'm glad it's over for you :)

Reactions: speedtex