Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Mar,2017
AOR Received.
07 Apr,2017
File Transfer...
In Progress: 11 Apr, 2017
Godzilla9 said:
The first March test invite has arrived for May 18.
congrats! i am still waiting for AOR

reasonabledude

Nov 20, 2016
I called CIC and they told me my application is still in Sydney! :-\
I thought when you receive AOR (mine was 17th May), it means that they have checked your application and it is fine and they will forward it to the local offices for processing. Does anyone know anything in this regard? why my application is still in Sydney after AOR?

nuz

Mar 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Mar,2017
AOR Received.
07 Apr,2017
File Transfer...
Godzilla9 said:
Thanks. When did you file your application?
Applied Mar 27 , Received Mar 28, Toronto.

nuz

Mar 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Mar,2017
AOR Received.
07 Apr,2017
File Transfer...
I have a dumb question , but need help clarifying.

is it a possibility for me to check my status online even though i haven't yet received AOR , if yes what id number should i use.
please advise

Seeeeean

Mar 10, 2017
nuz said:
I have a dumb question , but need help clarifying.

is it a possibility for me to check my status online even though i haven't yet received AOR , if yes what id number should i use.
please advise
You can try with your UCI ,located in front of your PR Card. UCI are eight digital numbers, form like xxxx-xxxx.

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Stef. said:
Is it usually six weeks for the invite to the test? I thought it was more like two weeks?
Typically its 3-5 weeks, my case is little longer than normal. They probably are processing my file and in the meanwhile want to test me.

nuz

Mar 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Mar,2017
AOR Received.
07 Apr,2017
File Transfer...
Seeeeean said:
You can try with your UCI ,located in front of your PR Card. UCI are eight digital numbers, form like xxxx-xxxx.
Thanks! appreciate.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
reasonabledude said:
I called CIC and they told me my application is still in Sydney! :-\
I thought when you receive AOR (mine was 17th May), it means that they have checked your application and it is fine and they will forward it to the local offices for processing. Does anyone know anything in this regard? why my application is still in Sydney after AOR?
Foremost: IRCC overtly discourages applicants from this kind of micro-checking of the application's progress. There are good reasons for this. Just the needless telephonic inquiry into the call centre, at this stage, puts a huge demand on IRCC resources and taxpayer dollars, and particularly so if a significant number of applicants do this. Which they do, unfortunately, despite the utter futility and, frankly, foolishness of making such inquiries (with exceptions: recognizing there are some circumstances in which call centre inquiries are warranted and helpful . . . but the vast majority of the time these calls are contrary to good citizenship, in the sense of what citizenship really means beyond immigration status).

There is virtually nothing an applicant learns of use from these calls, and virtually nothing the applicant can do to advance processing the application.

Which puts efforts to read the tea leaves based on what is, supposedly, learned from these calls into the category of a meaningless, fruitless exercise. Really.

Reminder: If in doubt, follow the instructions; otherwise, yep, follow the instructions.

The instructions clearly advise applicants that there is no reason to make an inquiry about the progress of their case unless and until it is clear the timeline is beyond IRCC's posted routine processing times. Which timelines, by the way, tend to be a lot longer than it will take for most applicants, so most applicants will have taken the oath long before there is any need to make an inquiry to the call centre.

In contrast, regularly checking eCas is a good idea. And for the vast majority of applicants, eCas provides all the applicant needs to know unless and until IRCC sends the applicant some particular communication, ranging from notice to attend test and interview, to a FP or document request. And usually eCas will alert the applicant that some communication has been sent, or that the test is scheduled, or so on.

The vast majority of applicants never need to call the call centre.

Sydney processing:

In any event, AOR means that Sydney has
-- opened the package,
-- screened the application for completeness -- which includes screening the applicant for eligibility based on what appears on the face of the application (no prohibitions indicated, declaration that physical presence requirement is met, and so on)
-- initiated the In-process status of the application (opened a case record in GCMS, commencing the application's in-process status),
-- issued the referrals for background checks, and
-- put the application in queue for the next step in processing, and
-- issued the AOR to the client/applicant.

That next step is most likely the triage screening, which also takes place in Sydney (as best we know, and assuming procedures are still similar to those implemented in 2012 with only minor changes).

So no, AOR does not mean the application has been referred to the local office. For the vast majority of applicants, the referral to the local office probably does take place within a few days or a few weeks at most. In the meantime, however, GCMS may not show the file in the local office unless and until there is an affirmative action taken by the local office . . . meaning a call centre representative accessing the GCMS records for the application might not see that the file has been sent to the local office even though it has been.

For a few applicants, the application may be stalled a little longer in the Sydney triage screening step. How things go in this event varies considerably. See other in-depth observations about triage screening in other topics.

Overall: there is no need to be micro-checking application progress at this stage. And perhaps it could be counter-productive if an applicant makes multiple calls resulting in the call centre agent accessing the applicant's GCMS . . . access to GCMS is logged, so each of these inquiries will result in a log in the applicant's case. Whether or not someone at IRCC will subsequently take note of these and wonder why the applicant is so worried as to not be following instructions, is hard to guess. Since there really is nothing to be gained from such calls, it seems a foolish risk to take, to risk tickling, triggering, some stranger bureaucrat's curiosity about what is there that causes the applicant to worry.

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stef. said:
Hi everybody,

Application sent 10th of March
Application received 13th of March
AOR 31st of March
IP 5th of April

Hope very much that my test is before the 23rd of May as I then have to fly to Europe for a whole month to care for my elderly mother (85) who lives alone.

Best of luck to all of you
Stef.
@Stef -- be careful that travelling while your application is in-process is a red flag for the "intention to reside" requirement. If you must leave by May 23rd, you need to inform IRCC well in advance and provide supporting documentation (health records etc). The "intention to reside" clause applies until the day you take the oath, and not until the test/interview date.

Best of luck