App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21
My wife's application was just returned today. We forgot to include her parent's address in the "Additional Family Information" form.
Did IRCC not say at one point that they would not return applications and would ask us to submit additional documents if needed?
Do we have to pay the fees again to resubmit now?
Seriously, this is beyond outrageous.
How unreasonable can they be? It took them 7 months to review the documents and now because my in-laws address is missing they return the whole thing?
We were in the same situation. You will not have to pay the fees again. But there have been a few updated forms. So make sure you have the current ones when you resubmit. Also, I was told by an agent when I phoned that hubby needs new immigration photos taken and new background check if the one returned is now expired (our was). We have everything ready to resubmit.... just waiting to get the FBI background check in the mail. Hopefully next week good luck to you

Reactions: felipeoxavier

felipeoxavier

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
We were in the same situation. You will not have to pay the fees again. But there have been a few updated forms. So make sure you have the current ones when you resubmit. Also, I was told by an agent when I phoned that hubby needs new immigration photos taken and new background check if the one returned is now expired (our was). We have everything ready to resubmit.... just waiting to get the FBI background check in the mail. Hopefully next week good luck to you
Do you exactly which forms got updated?
Which number did you call? I would like to call them as well to clarify a few details.

lacey

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-12-2020
AOR Received.
10-05-2021
Med's Request
15-06-2021
Med's Done....
24-06-21
IMM5406 IMM0008 and common law declaration (if that applies to you)

1-888-242-2100 This is the number we called

Reactions: felipeoxavier

samlafontaine

Jul 6, 2020
My wife's application was just returned today. We forgot to include her parent's address in the "Additional Family Information" form.
Did IRCC not say at one point that they would not return applications and would ask us to submit additional documents if needed?
How unreasonable can they be? It took them 7 months to review the documents and now because my in-laws address is missing they return the whole thing?
Sorry to hear that, Felipe. I don't think you have to pay the fees again. May I ask when your application was received?

michaelmtlla

Aug 28, 2020
Were you given a temporary application number?

I agree, this is seriously outrageous / disrespectful.

felipeoxavier

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
Yes, we got a temporary number a few weeks ago.

Now that her application has been returned, we are thinking of going to our home country for 3 weeks before resubmitting it.
Will she have any problems entering Canada on our way back? She has a valid eTA.

Back in March we also applied to extend her stay in Canada. That application is still being processed. Would it be cancelled if she left the country for the 3 weeks?

dof13

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Ever since IRCC announced its plans of increasing offices personnel by 60%, we have started seeing cases of applications being returned because of small details, such as a missing country or zip code. It is very clear to me that the new staff might be the ones returning the packages due to their lack of training. Unless we raise flags to IRCC about this problem, we will keep seeing applications being returned because of these same mistakes. It is not fair to us to count on our luck only, hoping we will get an experienced officer to open our package. We waited far too long to let IRCC do this to us.

wpgguy

Oct 14, 2020
March 11 Applicant here from the United States. Just received the AOR this morning and OWP was able to be linked to my IRCC online account last week. I am almost 100% sure that we did not include postal codes on 5406 because I didn't think we could have more than one line when I was filling it out, but it looks like we got lucky!

For you folks whose applications were sent back, has anyone tried resubmitting with your previous app number and spamming the web form with info requests and/or asking your MP to look into your file once received again by IRCC? My partner happens to work for an immigration law firm and her colleagues suggested those things to us in the event our package got returned. The web form specifically was mentioned as something that can sometimes get your app pulled out of the pile and processed a bit quicker.

Reactions: bonham

remibearito

Feb 6, 2020
Hello, I'm just wondering about something. My app was received on March 10th, 2020 and neither I nor my husband have received anything. I submitted an inland app + owp, I'm the PA from the US and my husband is Canadian. A few weeks after we submitted the app, I found out I was pregnant(yay!) but because of the bad timing of literally everything, the both of us are getting anxious about receiving at least the AOR1 before our daughter is born... if I wasn't pregnant, I would be more patient, however that isn't the case atm. So my main fear is, I see people before and after me receiving their AORs and biometrics requests and I'm here wondering if my app was just denied and they're not telling me. I understand we're all feeling the anxiety of being whipped about on this waiting game, but I'm just wondering, is there any way of me knowing if it's being processed or at the very least, hasn't been denied? Is there a certain timeframe I could trust to give me window of when I could "possibly" see an AOR or request? I'm 8 months pregnant and the pressure is really starting to wear me down... I'll take anything at this point :c Thank you ^^

remibearito

Feb 6, 2020
Oh and also, how would I go about using the webform? I tried earlier but I needed either a UCI or an app number... neither of which I have lol. Any help would be appreciated!

Marvin23

Oct 11, 2020
Ever since IRCC announced its plans of increasing offices personnel by 60%, we have started seeing cases of applications being returned because of small details, such as a missing country or zip code. It is very clear to me that the new staff might be the ones returning the packages due to their lack of training. Unless we raise flags to IRCC about this problem, we will keep seeing applications being returned because of these same mistakes. It is not fair to us to count on our luck only, hoping we will get an experienced officer to open our package. We waited far too long to let IRCC do this to us.
It makes sense, but how can we raise flags about this to them?

wpgguy

Oct 14, 2020
Oh and also, how would I go about using the webform? I tried earlier but I needed either a UCI or an app number... neither of which I have lol. Any help would be appreciated!
Do you have current status in Canada? Your UCI should be on your permit or any past correspondence you've received from IRCC. All you need is that, your passport and the info from IMM0008. I think it is also case-sensitive!