+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*******MARCH 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SLONSORSHIP*****

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
When did you send your application?
I sent it on Friday, March 8th. I had a couple of versions of the checklist saved, and I think I used the June 2018 one. My bad. If we have to update and re-send, it's not the end of the world. But definitely disheartening.

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
I was digging around on the forums for previous experiences, I came across one that had her package returned last March due to missing information but CIC also made mention that the Checklist had been updated on February 14th. At that time they advised her they were taking previous forms until March 15th. So maybe they do give a few weeks?

I know it's not for sure that they give a grace period but I admit it's the tiniest bit reassuring. In any case anyone sending as of this week please make sure to check the forms and submit the correct ones. Luckily you have the chance to correct that unlike some of us that sent early on this month :(

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I was digging around on the forums for previous experiences, I came across one that had her package returned last March due to missing information but CIC also made mention that the Checklist had been updated on February 14th. At that time they advised her they were taking previous forms until March 15th. So maybe they do give a few weeks?

I know it's not for sure that they give a grace period but I admit it's the tiniest bit reassuring. In any case anyone sending as of this week please make sure to check the forms and submit the correct ones. Luckily you have the chance to correct that unlike some of us that sent early on this month :(
They do give a grace period.

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
just for peace of mind as I am going through application package for the 100th time before sending it off, are copies of birth, marriage, and divorce certificates ok? what needs to be original?

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
just for peace of mind as I am going through application package for the 100th time before sending it off, are copies of birth, marriage, and divorce certificates ok? what needs to be original?
My advice is to just go through the checklist, above each section it makes it clear under which circumstances an original is needed (usually a country-specific requirement). We sent certified copies of birth and marriage certificate, and then everything else was photocopies (passports, etc). Except for the police report. For that, we just sent the certificate that my husband received in the post.

Reactions: angelyohann

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
My advice is to just go through the checklist, above each section it makes it clear under which circumstances an original is needed (usually a country-specific requirement). We sent certified copies of birth and marriage certificate, and then everything else was photocopies (passports, etc). Except for the police report. For that, we just sent the certificate that my husband received in the post.
see the certified copies part is what gets me. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!?!. it's all so confusing. So what do I do with the originals to make it certified true copy? btw I don't have any country specific documents or requirements

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
see the certified copies part is what gets me. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!?!. it's all so confusing. So what do I do with the originals to make it certified true copy? btw I don't have any country specific documents or requirements
In the UK, you can just request a certified true copy of your birth certificate (which is what husband did). We got married in Ontario, and again you can request a certified true copy of the certificate. They're something you have to get from a government agency, but there's usually an easy way to request it online. If you have the originals of your birth/marriage certificates, direct photocopies of those are fine too, it says in the checklist that photocopies are sufficient for ID and civil documents.

Reactions: angelyohann

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
In the UK, you can just request a certified true copy of your birth certificate (which is what husband did). We got married in Ontario, and again you can request a certified true copy of the certificate. They're something you have to get from a government agency, but there's usually an easy way to request it online. If you have the originals of your birth/marriage certificates, direct photocopies of those are fine too, it says in the checklist that photocopies are sufficient for ID and civil documents.
ok sounds good. I will just send the photocopies of the originals.

Khourdebaigt

Oct 25, 2018
Sent our application last night by courier to Sydney. I am Canadian and my husband is from Morocco. I used the version of the checklist from Dec 2018 and am hoping to slip in by the March 15 deadline. Best of luck everyone!!! There is also a FB group for Canadian Spousal sponsorship that Inhave found very helpful in case anyone is interested.

SallySalib

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hi guys i have a question please
When i did my application the address was section A Mississuaga and i sent it there after few days they are updated again to send your application to Sydney so my question is are there anyone sent it to Mississuaga and got confused like me ? Please and thank you

SallySalib

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Sent our application last night by courier to Sydney. I am Canadian and my husband is from Morocco. I used the version of the checklist from Dec 2018 and am hoping to slip in by the March 15 deadline. Best of luck everyone!!! There is also a FB group for Canadian Spousal sponsorship that Inhave found very helpful in case anyone is interested.
Can you send the link of the group please

angelyohann

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Hi guys i have a question please
When i did my application the address was section A Mississuaga and i sent it there after few days they are updated again to send your application to Sydney so my question is are there anyone sent it to Mississuaga and got confused like me ? Please and thank you
Hi if u send it by courier,the address must be in sydney

angelyohann

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Goodluck to your application!