Mar 9, 2015
Category........
Other
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
Hi all,

I've been filling out forms to bring my spouse to Canada. When I thought I almost finished the documentation work, I came across the following update.

Updated Checklist:
Proof of Contact: Provide letters, printed text messages, emails or social media conversations, or other documented proof of
contact between you and your sponsor. Provide a maximum of 10 pages with your application. You must provide certified
translations in either English or French of all proof of contact documents that are not already in English or French.

Old Checklist:
Proof of Contact: Provide letters, printed text messages, emails or social media conversations, or other documented proof of
contact between you and your sponsor. Provide a maximum of 10 pages with your application.Translations of these
documents are not required at this time. If we need translations, we will request them from you.

Does anybody know how to get certified translations? I basically took some screenshots of our chat from whatsapp, messenger, etc. Now this is getting much more complicated. We basically used our local language to communicate, but written in English.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
Hi all,

I've been filling out forms to bring my spouse to Canada. When I thought I almost finished the documentation work, I came across the following update.

Updated Checklist:
contact between you and your sponsor. Provide a maximum of 10 pages with your application. You must provide certified
translations in either English or French of all proof of contact documents that are not already in English or French.

Old Checklist:
contact between you and your sponsor. Provide a maximum of 10 pages with your application.Translations of these
documents are not required at this time. If we need translations, we will request them from you.

Does anybody know how to get certified translations? I basically took some screenshots of our chat from whatsapp, messenger, etc. Now this is getting much more complicated. We basically used our local language to communicate, but written in English.

Docbase is doing and has done all my translation. They have quoted me around $300.00 for 10 pages of text messages front and back of pages. I am in the same boat. Just when I was at the end of finishing everything, they update the checklist. very annoying

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
Hey Guys,
I am ready to send my package soon , but now with the revised checklist I am hoping to get some advice on the translation requirement for the text messages.
We are now expected to provide english/ french translations for the text messages. The text messages between me and my wife are mixed in English and local language ( typed in english) . Can you please advice where I can get translations done and how many pages are ideal for the application,

Thanks
send them to Docbase.com for a quote. they are professionals and will know exactly what to translate. I would say if 90% of your communication was in English and the odd word in Spanish then you wouldn't have to worry about translating but if it's mixed then you should for sure. I called CIC yesterday and the agent clarified that and that your application will be returned if not translated.

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
Hi all,

Updated Checklist:

Old Checklist:

sorry I just re-read your post. So are your texts in English or your language. Or did you use some sort of translator app?

shyam.7944

Mar 9, 2015
Category........
Other
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
Docbase is doing and has done all my translation. They have quoted me around $300.00 for 10 pages of text messages front and back of pages. I am in the same boat. Just when I was at the end of finishing everything, they update the checklist. very annoying
Wow $300? that's a lot. And how long do they take to translate documents? I agree, it is so annoying especially when a case is legit.

shyam.7944

Mar 9, 2015
Category........
Other
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
sorry I just re-read your post. So are your texts in English or your language. Or did you use some sort of translator app?
Ya my texts are in english but actually don't mean anything since it's based on a different language.

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
Wow $300? that's a lot. And how long do they take to translate documents? I agree, it is so annoying especially when a case is legit.
it's a lot because it's a lot of work. I got quoted around $500 on another site that was recommend on this forum. But you can look around. I'm sure there are cheaper but I don't have time to shop around LOL. when I got them to translate birth, marriage and some other documents, I sent them an email for a quote on a Saturday, they responded with a quote in less than 15 min, then I gave them the go head, paid by interact transfer, they had the scanned translation and certification on the Tuesday and originals got to me the following Thursday. This time I will pay extra for express shipping

shyam.7944

Mar 9, 2015
Category........
Other
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
it's a lot because it's a lot of work. I got quoted around $500 on another site that was recommend on this forum. But you can look around. I'm sure there are cheaper but I don't have time to shop around LOL. when I got them to translate birth, marriage and some other documents, I sent them an email for a quote on a Saturday, they responded with a quote in less than 15 min, then I gave them the go head, paid by interact transfer, they had the scanned translation and certification on the Tuesday and originals got to me the following Thursday. This time I will pay extra for express shipping
Wow! Thanks for your tips, will look into that website.

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
Wow! Thanks for your tips, will look into that website.
Hi all, when did this change?

I'm guessing that same as other changes there would be some kind of window for them to accept the old forms right?

We sent our app on March 2nd, on February 27th or 28th when we checked there wasn't an update.

Any ideas? We did not send any translations for text msgs because it was not needed at the time, this is so stressful :(

shyam.7944

Mar 9, 2015
Category........
Other
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-

I'm guessing that same as other changes there would be some kind of window for them to accept the old forms right?

We sent our app on March 2nd, on February 27th or 28th when we checked there wasn't an update.

Any ideas? We did not send any translations for text msgs because it was not needed at the time, this is so stressful :(
It must have been updated around last week of February. I saw their website only on 2nd of March and two forms were updated (February 2019)

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM

I would think you would be ok because but you never know with them. They will probably ask for the translations when they get there, or maybe they won't if they feel nice.

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
Application received and signed for today at Sydney, March 12th.

I have a feeling we'll get our application sent back, the recent updates confused me a bit and I think some of our forms might be too out of date. Too late to do anything now, just have to wait and see what happens.

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
I would think you would be ok because but you never know with them. They will probably ask for the translations when they get there, or maybe they won't if they feel nice.
We are pretty nervous about it, I know we checked on February 27th for sure and they all still had the previous forms. I can't remember checking on the 28th so I'm guessing the change came on either of those two dates.

If they ask for translations later on it's totally fine, but we are just praying they don't send it back. I've read before there is some kind of window for these changes like 10 days or something which makes sense. Anyone with more experience have input?

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
Application received and signed for today at Sydney, March 12th.

I have a feeling we'll get our application sent back, the recent updates confused me a bit and I think some of our forms might be too out of date. Too late to do anything now, just have to wait and see what happens.
When did you send your application?

pp01

Sep 18, 2014
Category........
App. Filed.......
26-03-2019
Hi,

The text messages are in local language (HIndi) and English. Thanks for your suggestion. I will check this website.

Thanks