Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
I didnt check yet the new forms regarding the document checklist.and i also used the old form.. i hope it’ll be fine.
The changes were minimal, on checklist they added a space to enter the name of the country where the police check is from and on the other form only the wording was changed on the one question as far as I could tell, hopefully won't create to much of a problem.

I checked the forms around Wednesday or Thursday last week and there were not any updates, my guess is it happened probable Friday or Saturday so there must be some kind of wiggle room from their end. In any case I'd say anyone sending the forms by the end of this week or next should probable use the new forms to be on the safe side.

Reactions: angelyohann

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
By the way forgot to mention:

Sponsor (me): Canadian Citizen living in Nicaragua
PA: Common-Law spouse from Nicaragua
Sent: 3/2/2019 by Fedex
Est Deliver Date: 3/7/2019

We are so excited we finally got to send the documents such a relief, we know the wait is going to be long but we are ready. I never thought getting all the documents together was so hard, in Nicaragua nothing is streamlined which makes getting documents and authenticating a royal pain.

Our VO is Mexico which is the worst for being slow so we are locked in for the long haul. Truly hoping everyone here can get their PR as qucikly as possible and without any major set backs.

Best of luck to all of us!!

Saki_A

Feb 12, 2019
Hello PPL.. hope someone can help in this situation....
1.) My wife`s papers were signed 13th FEB 2019...and IRCC would receive them on MARCH 4th 2019....

I just observed that there was an update with DOCUMENT CHECKLIST and GENERIC APPLICATION FORM (FEB 2019)... i used previous versions of the file.(11-2018) .. before the update on FEB 28th 2019.......Open work Permit application also included with the package....

2.) My wife is already working in canada with a closed work permit ... she also had her medical + biometrics done in last 6 months (for work permit application)..which are valid till JULY 2019... will IRCC request for another medical + biometrics??

any idea if the file would be returned or any inputs regarding this issue?..anyone else on the same boat???
1)that's fine, according to lots of people.
I also sent old forms and I signed on Feb7.
should arrive tomorrow.

2)sorry I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Hi guys!!

Share your timeline here.
My timeline:

Application sent: February 28,2019
Application received: March 4,2019

allmm

Mar 5, 2019
This may not be the right forum but I couldn't find one specific to my case. I am sponsoring my sister (Family sponsorship - Other relatives). She is my last remaining relative. Both parents passed away years back. I am single and I live in Canada alone. My sister is 30 years old and is a single mum with two little kids. I sent my application to Sydney, NS.

Application sent: February 25, 2019
Application received: March 1, 2019

Reactions: tmcgregor

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
This may not be the right forum but I couldn't find one specific to my case. I am sponsoring my sister (Family sponsorship - Other relatives). She is my last remaining relative. Both parents passed away years back. I am single and I live in Canada alone. My sister is 30 years old and is a single mum with two little kids. I sent my application to Sydney, NS.

Application sent: February 25, 2019
Application received: March 1, 2019
Best of luck!

Jan 29, 2018
To give a brief on my case - I got married on december 4th, 2017 and applied for my PR in July'18 ... I I applied as spouse non accompanying ... I got my PPR in dec'18 ... I will be moving to Toronto next month ... After that I will file for my Spouse PR ... Currently I'm preparing my documents ... While going through the forms , i got stuck in the two questions ... One question is from IMM5532 and other from IMM5533. IMM5532 asks me that have lived together in our relationship period ... in IMM5533 it asks for the proofs like boarding pass, entry exit stamp ... I will be going for the first time to canada ...

How to post the images of the questions

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
Our package was received today and signed for.

So happy that part is over we were so paranoid it would get lost on the way lol.

Now we wait!!

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
Hello everyone, submitting our application tomorrow! Sponsoring my British husband who lives in the UK. I'm paranoid we've forgotten something even though I've checked all the docs 50 times at this point. At least it doesn't have far to go, I live in Halifax haha. Will check back in once we got our application sent off!

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
Hello everyone, submitting our application tomorrow! Sponsoring my British husband who lives in the UK. I'm paranoid we've forgotten something even though I've checked all the docs 50 times at this point. At least it doesn't have far to go, I live in Halifax haha. Will check back in once we got our application sent off!
so the new checklist that came out in Feb says that applications should go to Mississauga. I'm am about to send my husband's application. I'm confused as to where to send it

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
so the new checklist that came out in Feb says that applications should go to Mississauga. I'm am about to send my husband's application. I'm confused as to where to send it
Wait, really? I just went to have a look and it still says to send it to Sydney for spouses living outside of Canada.