AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
Medical was done today 21th Aug , any idea how long does it take to update her medical result . the hospital didn't use E medical . they told my wife the result will be transferred to London office . outland application . applicant reside in Egypt . file was received March 14th 2019 .
( Aor 1 , sponsor approval done - bio : done - file transferred to VO two months ago in our case it is Cairo VO - Medical was done today ) ... how long roughly after medical for PRR ?? appreciate any idea as i'm looking to book a flight to Egypt to stay with them for few week then travel back all together . my wife and our 5 years old son . just worry if say booking my flight for Oct 10th and back around Nov 25th . is there going to be enough time for us ?? i hope the visa will be stamped latest by Nov 20th to 25th or i will have to reschedule our flight ? any advice please ??
Time estimate is 10-12 months to completion so November is a long shot. Could happen but probably not according to IRCC. There is no way you could plan a return trip to coincide with visa so far in advance.

new335896

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Time estimate is 10-12 months to completion so November is a long shot. Could happen but probably not according to IRCC. There is no way you could plan a return trip to coincide with visa so far in advance.
i know that but the earlier i book the flight for all of us the cheaper i can get , hate to wait till last min then book the flight right after she get the visa it will be crazy expensive . anybody now is there an opt

Sarkaria hind

Jul 15, 2019
Husband from india,Applications received on 13 march.medical request on13 june,med done on 18 June,bio request on 14 june,bio done on 19 June. Additional document request on 10 July,sent on 13 July. After that nothing,pls help me if anybody same as me.what will b next step?? How much time we have to wait for passport request??

Brown_Sugar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
People keep asking how long until a decision or PPR and the answer is we don't know. You can check the tracker and other sites such as immitracker to get a sense of how long it took for other applications that are similar to yours, but ultimately everything is on a case-by-case basis. Security screenings can delay what looks like a straightforward case. Some applications are processed relatively quickly. There's no telling how things will go.

Reactions: phaeo and lccliff

PDNG

Aug 15, 2019
People keep asking how long until a decision or PPR and the answer is we don't know. You can check the tracker and other sites such as immitracker to get a sense of how long it took for other applications that are similar to yours, but ultimately everything is on a case-by-case basis. Security screenings can delay what looks like a straightforward case. Some applications are processed relatively quickly. There's no telling how things will go.
Yeah, but, like, how long until we get a decision.....lol just messing with you.

Itza1979

Jan 20, 2019
hello! anyone has experience with background check? I submitted police checks back on July 7th and on CGkey it says back ground check still being processed and they acknowledged they have received the additional docs, just today there was an update that I passed medical, as well what would be next?

Brown_Sugar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
hello! anyone has experience with background check? I submitted police checks back on July 7th and on CGkey it says back ground check still being processed and they acknowledged they have received the additional docs, just today there was an update that I passed medical, as well what would be next?
The police certificate is for the criminal check. The background check includes security. Even if they've received the police certificates, the background check will not be complete until they do the security check.

Itza1979

Jan 20, 2019
The police certificate is for the criminal check. The background check includes security. Even if they've received the police certificates, the background check will not be complete until they do the security check.
thanks, and when do they do the security check or how does that work?

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
A lot. Police checks are a small part of background check. You've completed the fastest part of the process. Next could be interview, passport request if not. Unless your app is in Mississauga, you likely have months to wait before hearing anything.

Brown_Sugar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
thanks, and when do they do the security check or how does that work?
You can search the forum as I'm sure there are threads that explain in detail, but it involves reaching out to the governments of the countries you've lived in (sometimes they use third party organizations instead). Some applicants who have to undergo a comprehensive security check face additional delays depending on CSIS (I think it's CSIS).

Background checks can take a few weeks, a few months, many months... I'm not sure what determines the length of time honestly. All you can do is wait and see.

Reactions: lccliff