There's certainly no harm in ordering your notes if you want to, but it is pretty impossible to get any kind of precise summary out of IRCC with regards to applications. If you call the help line, they really won't tell you much more than the info that you can access yourself. They might tell you that your application is on the criminality check or something, but by and large, if you're still within the 12 month mark, all they will tell you is that your application is "within normal processing times". From what I've been able to tell by hanging out on the forum, if your application doesn't get sent to Mississauga, you are definitely looking at more of a 9-11 month timeline if all goes smoothly (with some exceptions, of course). A lot of VOs seem to have a high work load and not enough staff, and some of them like London or Mexico City are so backlogged that December/January applicants are only getting transferred there now. So you're definitely in a good situation if you're already at your VO. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do besides order your notes and keep on waiting. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you and other NDVO folks hear something soon!Hi All,
First time on this site. Appreciate what you guys are doing for each other. Hopefully, I may be of assistance to anyone as well with sharing my own situation. Also, hoping to get help with questions I have regarding my own application.
Thus far, my timeline is as follows as per ECAS:
- We received your application to sponsor _ on March 18, 2019.
- We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 15, 2019.
- We started processing your application on April 14, 2019.
- We sent you correspondence on May 2, 2019 about the decision on your application.
- We received _'s application for permanent residence on March 18, 2019.
- We started processing _'s application on June 12, 2019.
- We sent _ a letter on April 29, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
- We sent _'s medical instructions on April 30, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
- Medical results have been received.
03.18.19 - Application received
04.29.19 - Biometrics Requested
04.30.19 - Medical Requested
05.06.19 - Application transferred to Mississauga
05.08.19 - Biometrics Completed
05.25.19 - Medical Passed
06.25.19 - Application transferred to NDVO
It is going to be 2 months in a week and a half, but we have not heard from NDVO. I am considering ordering the GCMS notes which I have read about in many of the threads on this site. What say you? Good idea to try now or maybe wait a while longer?
Has anyone tried calling their respective VO? NDVO has a pretty bad reputation from what I have read so far. Am I supposed to receive any updates on GCKey or ECAS once the application is at New Delhi? Tried to get more info from my lawyer, but she is almost as helpful as the folks at IRCC I am afraid.
Main concern is if I can get an answer from NDVO, IRCC, or the GCMS notes. Something official that shows the application is making progress because the GCKey and ECAS aren't really helpful at this point. Almost 2 months and I am looking at the same updates.
Wishing everyone the best of luck on their journey. If you applied in March 2019, I hope your spirits are high, five months in, now.