Good morning, everyone!

Sponsor - Canadian living in Canada
PA - Ecuador

Application Received - 3/15
AOR1 - 4/13
SA - 5/10
Medical Request - 5/10
Medical Results Received - 5/14
Bio-metrics Request - 5/17 (Appointment 5/21)

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Brown_Sugar

Sid6767

Jan 15, 2019
Hi all,
Thank you for this great forum. I submitted the application for my wife on March 11 2019 and received on April 9. Already got the Biometrics instructions and they are done last week. Wife is in Iraq. What are the next steps? Is getting the Biometrics around this time means application is going good? Also, how long does it take usually for Iraqi citizens?
Thanks
Baerak

6 months around wish you luck :)

Pro1

May 19, 2019
I've read a few posts on this forum in the past where someone in a similar situation to yours (sponsor was a PR) left Canada to be with their partner while the application was processing, and it gave them problems later. In those cases IRCC asked them to provide proof they lived in Canada. I think they had been out of Canada for a few months in those situations though.

I am so sorry about your family's loss, and I completely understand where you're at. If my husband phoned me to tell me one of his parents died, I would be on the first plane back to the UK. I think IRCC would also be understanding of the situation, and a few weeks is probably going to be fine. But I just wanted to tell you that being out of Canada as a PR while you have a sponsorship application processing can cause some issues if you're gone for a long while. Safe travels, and warm thoughts to you and your family.
Thank you!

Mrs Rehan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
When i logged in with tracking id provided by VFS Global its also showing that message that visa application has been received on Islamabad office and is on transit to IRCC office in Islamabad for processing. Although we never dealt with VFS. Her background check is showing in process.
any progress in this regard ????
bcoz ii got the same mail today after completing my biometrics

new335896

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
@new335896, I did not yet get the MR but good news is before the long weekend today got the email that our file has moved to our VO, Singapore. Hoping to get the rest of the things sorted out soon - MR, AOR2, BG Check, PPR and COPR.

So our timelines are -
App Received Mar 14
AOR Apr 16
BR Req May 08
SA May 09
BR passed May 13
Moved to VO (Singapore) May 17
we haven't received MR either , but my wife is going to do BR on Wed , no emails received yet .

Bhamdan

May 20, 2019
Hi all again,

so i received an email today from CIC saying that the sponsorship application is sent to Amman (my wife is in Iraq) for processing. Any idea what does this mean? and how long does it take to process at that office? from your experience are they fast?
thanks,
Baerak

Sid6767

Jan 15, 2019
Hi all again,

so i received an email today from CIC saying that the sponsorship application is sent to Amman (my wife is in Iraq) for processing. Any idea what does this mean? and how long does it take to process at that office? from your experience are they fast?
thanks,
Baerak
it means your file moved to visa office its good sign :)

Duke&Johnny

Mar 29, 2019
Is it normal that our application can only be linked to the sponsor OR applicant at one time, but not linked to both of us at the same time? Because I linked one and then tried linking another and now it only appears on one...

Just wanted to see if anyone else has this same thing or if it is a technical issue?

Thanks! :)