+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*******MARCH 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SLONSORSHIP*****

Sid6767

Jan 15, 2019
Do you mind if I ask what combo of information you used to link the account to the GCKey, because I have tried all kinds of combinations and have had no luck.... I have tried on both the sponsors and PAs account and it cant find it. Any advice would be much appreciated! :)
check your forms which you submitted to cic and look there which city you wrote many people have problem in login because they are writing wrong city selection so check your submitted choice then fill hopefully it will work :)

Pro1

May 19, 2019
Hi everyone, I need and urgent help and gudence if anyone knows.
I am the sponsor my spouse (applicant) lives outside Canada. Just got BR and SA 2 days ago. At back home sponsor has a death in family and i need to travel for uncertain time.
Does anyone knows what should i do to inform immigration office about this situation? And as they close on weekend but i have to leave today. Any gudidence will be highly appreciated.

Parneet17

Dec 18, 2018
Do you mind if I ask what combo of information you used to link the account to the GCKey, because I have tried all kinds of combinations and have had no luck.... I have tried on both the sponsors and PAs account and it cant find it. Any advice would be much appreciated! :)
I entered the application number, then PA's last name. I used my husband (PA)'s passport info, not the city. And then in the end, the number of applicants, I entered 2. Hopefully, it works out for you .

Reactions: Duke&Johnny

Sid6767

Jan 15, 2019
Hi everyone, I need and urgent help and gudence if anyone knows.
I am the sponsor my spouse (applicant) lives outside Canada. Just got BR and SA 2 days ago. At back home sponsor has a death in family and i need to travel for uncertain time.
Does anyone knows what should i do to inform immigration office about this situation? And as they close on weekend but i have to leave today. Any gudidence will be highly appreciated.
sorry to hear this :(
as i know you can go for like week or two week but you need to inform cic and give them proof of death you will be fine :)

Pro1

May 19, 2019
sorry to hear this :(
as i know you can go for like week or two week but you need to inform cic and give them proof of death you will be fine :)
Thanks. But is there any guideline like for how long i can go? Like am i not allowed to go more that a week or 2?
And as its just happened it will take some time to provide a proof, will that be ok?

Pro1

May 19, 2019
Thanks. But is there any guideline like for how long i can go? Like am i not allowed to go more that a week or 2?
And as its just happened it will take some time to provide a proof, will that be ok?
Also do you know how i can inform cicright now? Because they are close on weekend and i can’t reach anyone through phone, also i am leaving country today

Brown_Sugar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Can I ask why you have to inform cic? I don't agree that you need to limit how long you are away. I went on vacation for longer than that and I didn't have to inform anyone. As the sponsor, you do not have to provide proof of your travels. If you're visiting your spouse and you want to show additional proof that you spent time together, I would just scan the tickets and passport with stamps and send it in through the webform.

Can someone else chime in? I'm curious about this travel restriction.

Pro1

May 19, 2019
Can I ask why you have to inform cic? I don't agree that you need to limit how long you are away. I went on vacation for longer than that and I didn't have to inform anyone. As the sponsor, you do not have to provide proof of your travels. If you're visiting your spouse and you want to show additional proof that you spent time together, I would just scan the tickets and passport with stamps and send it in through the webform.

Can someone else chime in? I'm curious about this travel restriction.
Thanks but i think at least i have to inform about a death and that’s why i am going for uncertain period. Isn’t it true?

Brown_Sugar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Thanks but i think at least i have to inform about a death and that’s why i am going for uncertain period. Isn’t it true?
I'm trying to understand what it has to do with your sponsorship application. Is this the death of someone who was listed on your application as a family member? Also, I'm very sorry for your loss.

Brugonzalez7

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
New York
I don’t think you need to inform them of anything. It is true it says they must be notify in “Changes of personal circumstances such as; birth or adoption of a child. Death of a family member, marriage or divorce” however I think this only applies if any of those changes are related to the individuals on the application itself. For example; if you have a brother and you had to write their information on your family member form and they have passed away then they would have to be notify as they would have to update the form to “Deceased”.

Reactions: d_ragu

Pro1

May 19, 2019
Thanks but not sure that if i have to or not.
That is why asking here if anyone has any idea but thanks for your response.

Brown_Sugar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Thanks but not sure that if i have to or not.
That is why asking here if anyone has any idea but thanks for your response.
I think you have your answer. If it doesn't relate to your sponsorship application directly, then you do not have to inform cic of anything. There's also no restriction to how long you have to be gone if you will be returning to Canada to live at some point.

Reactions: d_ragu