+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*******MARCH 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SLONSORSHIP*****

RoRo88

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Thanks and do you know if is there any restiction on travel period for sponsor while file is in process?
If you are a Canadian citizen, there isn’t any restriction. If you’re a PR, I’ve heard that a couple of weeks max of travel is acceptable because the PR needs to make sure they still meet their residency obligation and a PR cannot apply for sponsorship while being outside of Canada so you don’t want to give CIC that impression.

Not sure what case applies to you but keep that in mind.

Pro1

May 19, 2019
If you are a Canadian citizen, there isn’t any restriction. If you’re a PR, I’ve heard that a couple of weeks max of travel is acceptable because the PR needs to make sure they still meet their residency obligation and a PR cannot apply for sponsorship while being outside of Canada so you don’t want to give CIC that impression.

Not sure what case applies to you but keep that in mind.
Yes I have PR in this case.
Thanks

Roger_notta

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
Thanks but not sure that if i have to or not.
That is why asking here if anyone has any idea but thanks for your response.
I am sorry for your loss. you do not need to infrom IRCC about your travels. If you stay outside Canada for six months or more IT DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR APPLICATION. A friend of mine sponsored her husband who is living in italy. She is living with him in Italy from past six months. And they are getting their updates over the email. Since BR, MR etc etc all done in PA home country not Sponsor's country of residence. Hope it make sense for you.

Pro1

May 19, 2019
I am sorry for your loss. you do not need to infrom IRCC about your travels. If you stay outside Canada for six months or more IT DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR APPLICATION. A friend of mine sponsored her husband who is living in italy. She is living with him in Italy from past six months. And they are getting their updates over the email. Since BR, MR etc etc all done in PA home country not Sponsor's country of residence. Hope it make sense for you.
Thanks!

usamatk

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Thanks and do you know if is there any restiction on travel period for sponsor while file is in process?
You don’t need to inform CIC before traveling. CIC takes into account your situation according to the date on the forms and you were living in Canada at that time so it doesn’t matter. The only changes in situation that you need to inform them about are death, birth of a new child, changes in marital status, etc

Pro1

May 19, 2019
You don’t need to inform CIC before traveling. CIC takes into account your situation according to the date on the forms and you were living in Canada at that time so it doesn’t matter. The only changes in situation that you need to inform them about are death, birth of a new child, changes in marital status, etc
Thanks!

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
I've read a few posts on this forum in the past where someone in a similar situation to yours (sponsor was a PR) left Canada to be with their partner while the application was processing, and it gave them problems later. In those cases IRCC asked them to provide proof they lived in Canada. I think they had been out of Canada for a few months in those situations though.

I am so sorry about your family's loss, and I completely understand where you're at. If my husband phoned me to tell me one of his parents died, I would be on the first plane back to the UK. I think IRCC would also be understanding of the situation, and a few weeks is probably going to be fine. But I just wanted to tell you that being out of Canada as a PR while you have a sponsorship application processing can cause some issues if you're gone for a long while. Safe travels, and warm thoughts to you and your family.

Sid6767

Jan 15, 2019
i am telling you what i heard in outland application sponsor need to be in canada while file is in process but for emergency you can go back for sometime ( and if it will not create problem then it’s okay you can call them on tuesday and ask them )

Duke&Johnny

Mar 29, 2019
I entered the application number, then PA's last name. I used my husband (PA)'s passport info, not the city. And then in the end, the number of applicants, I entered 2. Hopefully, it works out for you .
This worked perfectly for me, thanks so much! I think using the passport info instead of the city made it work. :D

Reactions: Parneet17

Duke&Johnny

Mar 29, 2019
I just linked both the sponsor's and PA's accounts on GCKey, and they are both under the PA's name/application, they look exactly the same. Is this the way it is suppose to look? I didn't know if the sponsor should have a different looking account on the GCKey?

Brown_Sugar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
I just linked both the sponsor's and PA's accounts on GCKey, and they are both under the PA's name/application, they look exactly the same. Is this the way it is suppose to look? I didn't know if the sponsor should have a different looking account on the GCKey?
Gckey only shows one thing once you are able to link the app. ECAS shows different things for the sponsor and PA.

Reactions: Duke&Johnny

Bhamdan

May 20, 2019
Hi all,
Thank you for this great forum. I submitted the application for my wife on March 11 2019 and received on April 9. Already got the Biometrics instructions and they are done last week. Wife is in Iraq. What are the next steps? Is getting the Biometrics around this time means application is going good? Also, how long does it take usually for Iraqi citizens?
Thanks
Baerak