+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MARCH 2019 INLAND SPONSORSHIP****

sunniemeng

Jul 8, 2019
Quick questions: Did anyone get confirmation after you send your additional doc (police certificate) requested by CIC?
I just sent a copy of my police certificate, but I don't know when they will send a reply? I'm March 15 applicant

Attef

Nov 7, 2017
is that the RCMP fingerprint request ? did you send it by mail ? because i got a request for fingerprints by RCMP but its gonna be forwarded to CIC office directly from there/

sunniemeng

Jul 8, 2019
is that the RCMP fingerprint request ? did you send it by mail ? because i got a request for fingerprints by RCMP but its gonna be forwarded to CIC office directly from there/
No, it's police certificate and I sent through online because I've lived in other countries for over than 6 months. CIC already got my fingerprint and it shows at my GC Key.

Attef

Nov 7, 2017
Okay , i don't think this show right away so you should call them and confirm , what do you mean by fingerprints you mean biometric or criminal check?

braztoNL

Jul 19, 2019
Hi all. There is something that I am not sure if I should be worried about, and I am wondering that someone could tell me if he/she faced the same situation. Probably it is because I am not very good with all this waiting game. This is my timeline:

Inland Sponsorship Application Received: March 18th
AOR: May 1st
Request for Medicals: May 16th
OWP app submission: May 22nd
Medical Passed: June 14th
BCG: It has not changed yet

I could link my OWP to my GCKey account on June 19th and since then the OWP status is still "Your application is in progress. We are going to send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility". Is it normal to be like that for such a long time? Should I call them and ask about it?

Note: I am currently doing my Ph.D and I have my study permit valid until July 2021

I really appreciate your help.

Last edited:

Manpreetkmannu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Hi all. There is something that I am not sure if I should be worried about, and I am wondering that someone could tell me if he/she faced the same situation. Probably it is because I am not very good with all this waiting game. This is my timeline:

Inland Sponsorship Application Received: March 18th
AOR: May 1st
Request for Medicals: May 16th
OWP app submission: May 22nd
Medical Passed: June 14th
BCG: It has not changed yet

I could link my OWP to my GCKey account on June 19th and since then the OWP status is still "Your application is in progress. We are going to send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility". Is it normal to be like that for such a long time? Should I call them and ask about it?

Note: I am currently doing my Ph.D and I have my study permit valid until July 2021

I really appreciate your help.
Are you aware of the fact that if you will get OWP your current Study permit will be cancelled.
And you can not attend university or college or any educational institute with OWP. That is one of the condition on OWP.
You already have status till 2021 then why you applied for OWP??

Manpreetkmannu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Are you aware of the fact that if you will get OWP your current Study permit might get cancelled. As you can not possess 2 permits at a time.
And you can not attend university or college or any educational institute with OWP. That is one of the condition on OWP.

braztoNL

Jul 19, 2019
Are you aware of the fact that if you will get OWP your current Study permit will be cancelled.
Thanks for your reply!

I was in contact with IRCC call center before to raise that question, and they said that I can keep studying as long as my study permit is valid even if I have the OWP. I asked the same question in other two different calls to see if it was accurate or not. I might convert my PhD part time in case I find a job once I have my OWP approved.

Manpreetkmannu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Thanks for your reply!

I was in contact with IRCC call center before to raise that question, and they said that I can keep studying as long as my study permit is valid even if I have the OWP. I asked the same question in other two different calls to see if it was accurate or not. I might convert my PhD part time in case I find a job once I have my OWP approved.
If IRCC call representative told you that then it might be right. But I will still suggest you to wait for some more responses from other knowledgeable members of forum.

And as for your OWP, I am march 14 applicant and I got my OWP in mail mid may. Normal processing time for OWP is 4 months. So you should wait, and don’t worry as you are already in status.

PR_app

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
Quick questions: Did anyone get confirmation after you send your additional doc (police certificate) requested by CIC?
I just sent a copy of my police certificate, but I don't know when they will send a reply? I'm March 15 applicant
Hi how long after your background check started did you get the request from CIC for police certificate?

sunniemeng

Jul 8, 2019
Hi how long after your background check started did you get the request from CIC for police certificate?
Here is my timeline: I applied on March 12 and May 8 got medical request. On July 10, they started my background check and at the same time I received request by CIC for police certificate. I think the reason I got request because I lived in another country other than Canada over 6 months and the certificate is just for the country I've lived.

PR_app

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
Here is my timeline: I applied on March 12 and May 8 got medical request. On July 10, they started my background check and at the same time I received request by CIC for police certificate. I think the reason I got request because I lived in another country other than Canada over 6 months and the certificate is just for the country I've lived.
Thank you for sharing your timeline! I’m March 14 applicant and BGC started on july 17. I was wondering if CIC would request another police cert because the one we submitted upfront is 1+ year old and i don’t know if that expires or not cause there was no expiry date on it.

ravmair

May 3, 2019
Hello... I received my medical request on 18/07/2019 and gave my exam was done on 26/07/2019. How do I check my status of application

Kath4393249

Apr 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

I wanted to know for those who received their work permit, was your background check started before your work permit was approved?

My background check started for my Pr application but there is no update for the work permit. We got a request for police certificate last week which we submitted but still no update for the work permit.. please let me know thanks.. our application for Pr and OWP was received on March 13, and our medical was passed on June 6th. We got a request for police certificate on July 15th.

leMauricien

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
One applicant received his CSQ a week ago. MIDI took almost 2 months after “accuse de reception”....which normally they process within 25 days after “ADR (accuse de reception).

I got my ADR on June 13 and still waiting for CSQ. I am expecting to receive it by the end of this month, hopefully.
I sent the CSQ 29/05/2019 and got CSQ AOR - 14June2019. Lets hope we get it soon. I guess it is taking longer than the expected processing time. Maybe higher volumes on their side