+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MARCH 2019 INLAND SPONSORSHIP****

braztoNL

Jul 19, 2019
Hello everyone,

I wanted to know for those who received their work permit, was your background check started before your work permit was approved?

My background check started for my Pr application but there is no update for the work permit. We got a request for police certificate last week which we submitted but still no update for the work permit.. please let me know thanks.. our application for Pr and OWP was received on March 13, and our medical was passed on June 6th. We got a request for police certificate on July 15th.
I am facing the same situation. I am a march applicant but I submitted my work permit separately in May, which I could link it in June right after the medicals were passed. My background check started processing last Friday and so far no updates in the OWP. I am assuming that both of them are going cocurrently at this point; however, I would wait until some other person with more knowledge could comment on this. The processing time is 4 months.

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
I sent the CSQ 29/05/2019 and got CSQ AOR - 14June2019. Lets hope we get it soon. I guess it is taking longer than the expected processing time. Maybe higher volumes on their side
Same here, I sent my CSQ on May 30 and I received my CSQ ADR/ AOR (Accuse de reception) in June 18 which was dated June 13 on the top of the Aor letter. Since then there is no update.
I phoned MIDI last week and I asked them it’s been more then 25 days for processing which you have mentioned on the letter. Representative responded that “ it’s 25 business days not the calendar days so please wait another 2 weeks or so” ... I guess I will call them again by the end of July if I wouldn’t get CSQ by that time.
However, the guy who got his CSQ two weeks ago... it took him 2 months after the CSQ AOR. So I guess we will have to be patient by the mid of August.

Reactions: leMauricien

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
I am facing the same situation. I am a march applicant but I submitted my work permit separately in May, which I could link it in June right after the medicals were passed. My background check started processing last Friday and so far no updates in the OWP. I am assuming that both of them are going cocurrently at this point; however, I would wait until some other person with more knowledge could comment on this. The processing time is 4 months.
I submitted my OWP application along with PR application on March 14. I haven’t received my OWP yet. I phoned IRCC a week ago when I was past 4 months of processing time, representative at IRCC have sent a message to my case officer. Today it’s been a week since they have send the message to case officer but there is nothing so far. Perhaps my case officer is on summer vacation lol

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
***Status Update***

PR + OWP app received: Mar 14
AOR : April 27
CSQ invitation from IRCC: May 1
CSQ applied: May 30
CSQ AOR: June 13
OWP approved: July 23 ** (email received today with the document number and validity)

Please note: because I applied restoration first then I applied for PR + OWP, that’s why my OWP is approved now after the approval of my “restoration of status” and when the 4 months are completed.

P.S. I phoned IRCC and reminded them that since 4 months have passed and my status has been restored as well; therefore, I am entitled to the OWP now. So they sent the message to the case officer on July 15; thus, After a week they have approved my OWP today.

Kath4393249

Apr 29, 2019
***Status Update***

PR + OWP app received: Mar 14
AOR : April 27
CSQ invitation from IRCC: May 1
CSQ applied: May 30
CSQ AOR: June 13
OWP approved: July 23 ** (email received today with the document number and validity)

Please note: because I applied restoration first then I applied for PR + OWP, that’s why my OWP is approved now after the approval of my “restoration of status” and when the 4 months are completed.

P.S. I phoned IRCC and reminded them that since 4 months have passed and my status has been restored as well; therefore, I am entitled to the OWP now. So they sent the message to the case officer on July 15; thus, After a week they have approved my OWP today.
Congrats

rachitsethia

Sep 4, 2017
Hey Guys! I applied an inland PR application for my wife on 13th March 2019. She got a medical test request on 22nd May. No news on OWP yet. Can you guys share your timelines?

tbt7788

Jan 21, 2019
what about if my background check has not started? Should I worry about it? I applied on March 6 and I got my OWP and medical request close to people who applied around those days.

Thanks

penguin123

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Hi to Quebec applicants, do you have any idea if the officers still process our files (like eligibility and background check) while waiting for CSQ from MIDI? I sent my application for CSQ on 23 Jul and I'm waiting now.
My background check status shows as "processing" since AOR.

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Hi to Quebec applicants, do you have any idea if the officers still process our files (like eligibility and background check) while waiting for CSQ from MIDI? I sent my application for CSQ on 23 Jul and I'm waiting now.
My background check status shows as "processing" since AOR.
Hi there,
I am also a Quebec applicant. Normally BGC starts after Medical; however, Case officier can start the BGC at any stage. Most of the times, it happens when PA (principal applicant) is from the higher risk countries or have been living in one of those countries in last 10 years. It also happens when PA has served in any foreign Government, law enforcing or security forces. Under some circumstances PA who has been part of a particular political moment or a corporate firms, which have been involved in scandals, are also subject to in depth background check by Csis on the request of IRCC. CSIS only give recommendation upon the extraction of background check details but final decision is of IRCC.

Reference: (Found this Information from a detailed review of BGC by an experienced member in canadianvisa forum)

Reactions: penguin123

Elin0329

Apr 24, 2019
Any March Applicants still waiting for OWP?
My application(PR+OWP) was received March 15th at CIC and I have not received an OWP so I am just wondering.. Should I call them?

Kath4393249

Apr 29, 2019
Any March Applicants still waiting for OWP?
My application(PR+OWP) was received March 15th at CIC and I have not received an OWP so I am just wondering.. Should I call them?
Same here...PR and OWP was received on March 13,2019. I called them on Tuesday, the agent just said it’s because of high work load and they need more time..smh

godzilla3456

Jun 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
AOR Received.
16-11-2013
Finally today I am able to link my OWP on GcKey... It says date submitted is June 26 but date received is March 16... might be the person who is looking at my application is back from vacation lol

I submitted a web form status update two days back and might be that's why they started processing the application.